PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Is Racist!!!!

blue
05-23-2010, 12:28 AM
I just filled out a survey and at the end of it there was an offer from Best Buy for a $1000 gift card, but only if I can prove I was legally in America. Of course I can but what of the Ukrainian family living down the street? Why should they miss out on a $1000 Best Buy gift card because they arent here legally? American Immigration laws are just mean spirited.

wombat2u2004
05-23-2010, 07:24 AM
I just filled out a survey and at the end of it there was an offer from Best Buy for a $1000 gift card, but only if I can prove I was legally in America. Of course I can but what of the Ukrainian family living down the street? Why should they miss out on a $1000 Best Buy gift card because they arent here legally? American Immigration laws are just mean spirited.

Pitiful.....pitiful.
Perhaps that family should go back to their own country and shop at Best Buy there.

moosmom
05-23-2010, 09:01 AM
I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau!!

I got an email yesterday supposedly from Wachovia Bank. It had the Wells Fargo logo on it. It said, "You have a gift in your in box, click here". I immediately called the bank to verify it. They told me to forward the email to their "fradulent email dept" and they would check it out. I did that and deleted it.

I cannot believe the number of scams out there that really look too good to be true (you know the addage, "If it's too good to be true, it is."). They prey on people. In this bad economy alot of people are falling for them and it's sad.

Bottom line is, keep on your toes.

Freedom
05-23-2010, 09:51 AM
You can't blame Best Buy for that. THEY get a huge fine if they award a gift to an illegal. So they are letting you know up front that you will have to show proof of residency.

If the laws don't change, you will see this on more and more freebies.

Marigold2
05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Blue Best Buy in not racist!!!!
They are following the law.
If they are here illigally the only place they deserve to be is in jail, not being rewarded for breaking our law.
Plan and simple they are criminals, and should be treated as such.

wombat2u2004
05-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Blue Best Buy in not racist!!!!
They are following the law.
If they are here illigally the only place they deserve to be is in jail, not being rewarded for breaking our law.
Plan and simple they are criminals, and should be treated as such.

Why jail ??? Then they further burden the taxpayer.
Why not take all of their assets, and then ship them back to their country of origin ??? Put their names on a list that ensures they can't climb up the list of legal immigrant entry submissions to the USA.
I bet they would think twice then about climbing the fence.

wombat2u2004
05-23-2010, 10:28 AM

Why do you equate illegal immigration with rascism ????

Lady's Human
05-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Ensuring the legal residency of a person is not racist.

Stating that all people who don't look Caucasian are illegal Mexicans, however...........

Catty1
05-23-2010, 10:29 AM
blue, IMO that is legal. The immigrants have a choice - especially if the gov't thought of an amnesty and gave all the illegals a chance to come forward.

Yeah, expensive and time-consuming...but might solve a lot of the problem.

caseysmom
05-23-2010, 10:52 AM
I am pretty sure Blue was joking.

Yeah LH as long as they don't equate them to flies its all good.

pomtzu
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't do surveys and polls. It's just one more ploy to extract personal info on you, and then you are bombarded with emails with "offers" from every Tom, Dick and Harry! And don't even try to "unsubscribe" from any, because then you'll just end up with 10 times more pieces of junk that you don't want and didn't solicit! :mad:

moosmom
05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Amen Ellie!!!! If anyone other than who I WANT to have my real email address, asks for it, I give them my yahoo email. I hardly ever check it.

wombat2u2004
05-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Amen Ellie!!!! If anyone other than who I WANT to have my real email address, asks for it, I give them my yahoo email. I hardly ever check it.

Tut tut now. Just think of all the opportunity you are missing out on Donna.
You may have won the Clearing House Sweepstakes.
There could be $406,542.79 waiting for you right now if you subscribe within 30 days :p:p

RICHARD
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
What about Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands?:confused:;)

blue
05-24-2010, 01:34 AM
I am pretty sure Blue was joking.

Somebody got it.

wombat2u2004
05-24-2010, 03:22 AM
What about Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands?:confused:;)

Well yeah.......I heard they have an illegal immigrant each ;)

pomtzu
05-24-2010, 07:13 AM

LOL!!! I had to check which email address I have for you. I would have been crushed if I had the Yahoo one!!! :eek:;)

Bonny
05-24-2010, 07:24 AM
I did & I am not sharing a dime! :D

wombat2u2004
05-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I did & I am not sharing a dime! :D

Bummer.

Lady's Human
05-25-2010, 12:25 AM
BTW.....

Durned right they're racists.....They sponsor a team in NA$CAR

RICHARD
05-25-2010, 07:45 AM
BTW.....

Durned right they're racists.....They sponsor a team in NA$CAR

Check out the Indy 500 this weekend?:eek::o

The whole country gets into it.

wombat2u2004
05-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Check out the Indy 500 this weekend?:eek::o

The whole country gets into it.

That's racist !!!! :mad:
Why don't they call it The Whitey 500 ????

Karen
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
That's racist !!!! :mad:
Why don't they call it The Whitey 500 ????

It is the Indianapolis 500 - named after the city, not any ethnic group.

race-ist - not racist! ;)

Bonny
05-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Wombat, To be politcally correction lets call it the "Caucasian 500" ;):D

RICHARD
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Actually?

What do call 500 Indian maidens that have no nipples?

The Indian Nipples-less 500.:eek::confused::o

RICHARD
05-26-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/digital-vandals-post-anti-latino-messages-on-florida-highway-traffic-signs/19492224

I love the stories that come out of FLA.

This one made me laugh, I almost spit on myself.

I love the reactions of people- Of course, the state/county/city has to be 'appalled' and everyone else has to either be defamed, inspired or totally worked up about the incident.

I laughed when I saw the Hiway Patrol car parked in front of the sign. Way to bring more attention to it.

-------------

Here's my spin.....WHo really cares? If I was offended by Mexican jokes, I would have died a long time ago. I relish the fact that someone-well, really anyone on either side of the issue demand they "take the country back" or are "belittled" by a highway sign.

I'll just say this- Stupid Latinos who find the Immy Laws as offensive, should look towards the people who come over illegally and MAKE THEM FEEL offended.

IT's like owning a dog that craps all over the neighborhood. When the town shows up at your doorstep wanting to remedy the situation? You cry animal abuse.

No, I am not comparing animals to immigrants, only the situation.

Bonny
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Illegals being used as slaves-no rights. Like Animal abuse.
Illegals taking advantage of the system. Dog running all over town sh--ing in yards,owner doesn't care.
It can be taken two ways. Some wouldn't care about it & laugh about it & others would be offended. But if it happens in your own back yard it is a different story. You don't see any good in it, it pisses your off, you put yourself into someone elses shoes it is very scary as someone had mentioned on here awhile ago. Then you ask yourself where is this country headed too? Do you spank the naughty dog for pooping in everyones yard? Or do you take the owner by the seat of his/her pants & stick their nose into the dogs piles of sh-- all over town? Which would you chose to do? :love::) or :mad::(

wombat2u2004
05-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Illegals being used as slaves-no rights. Like Animal abuse.
Illegals taking advantage of the system. Dog running all over town sh--ing in yards,owner doesn't care.
It can be taken two ways. Some wouldn't care about it & laugh about it & others would be offended. But if it happens in your own back yard it is a different story. You don't see any good in it, it pisses your off, you put yourself into someone elses shoes it is very scary as someone had mentioned on here awhile ago. Then you ask yourself where is this country headed too? Do you spank the naughty dog for pooping in everyones yard? Or do you take the owner by the seat of his/her pants & stick their nose into the dogs piles of sh-- all over town? Which would you chose to do? :love::) or :mad::(

Errrrrr.....answer No.1 ?????

Bonny
05-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Illegals being used as slaves- no rights. Like animal abuse

Wombat, Illegals all need sponsors. Not all the sponsors are on the up & up. The illegals are exploited by the sponsors. The sponsors know they are here illegally there were 389 illegals in my area hauled off to jail two years ago. The sponsor knew they were illegals. :mad: The sponsor didn't give a damn.:mad:

wombat2u2004
05-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Illegals being used as slaves- no rights. Like animal abuse

Wombat, Illegals all need sponsors. Not all the sponsors are on the up & up. The illegals are exploited by the sponsors. The sponsors know they are here illegally there were 389 illegals in my area hauled off to jail two years ago. The sponsor knew they were illegals. :mad: The sponsor didn't give a damn.:mad:

Then jail the sponsor to.
Isn't he/she responsible for the people he/she hires ????
Income tax ???
Worker insurance ???
etc etc. ???
Isn't an employer required by law in your country to ensure that his workers are American citizens ???
Sounds to me like the illegals are not at fault here....I mean if no-one employs them, then why would they come in the first place ????
I say make the penalties for those employers who hire illegals so stiff, that they would think very hard about doing it next time.

Bonny
05-27-2010, 09:08 AM
The sponsor already is in jail. He is being tried by the court system as I write this. He not only knowling hired illegals but also had their under aged children working in the plant. That is why my mind keeps swinging to & fro on this issue. :(

wombat2u2004
05-27-2010, 09:18 AM
The sponsor already is in jail. He is being tried by the court system as I write this. He not only knowling hired illegals but also had their under aged children working in the plant. That is why my mind keeps swinging to & fro on this issue. :(

Well so he should be to, and they should throw the book at him.

Marigold2
05-27-2010, 09:54 AM
If you come to a country illigally, break our laws, take our jobs and healthcare and then get pissed because you are not treated well, go back to where ever you came from. Make your country a better place stop ruining ours.
I am sorry but I have as much pity for them as I do for people in jail.
If you break the law you forfit your rights to many things, not all. Saying that no one should be abused but if you bring a child here that you can't afford to take care of and then complain that it has to work, well that is on you, the parent. Take better care of your kids and don't have ones you can't afford. My kids don't work in sweatshops and I am sure no one here has kids that do, we as parents take better care of our children and make sure they get a decent education. If you live in a country with no education, no jobs, no money don't have kids.

Bonny
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Nah! Marigold, It is the Sponsors that are a big part of this. They can't find any Americans to work for mimium wages so they depend on the legals & illegals. They hire the illegals kids because they don't want their children to get their hands dirty. They could of even threatened the childrens parents with the loose of their jobs if the children didn't come to work for them. To come here legally you can get a 6 year Visa if you have a Sponsor & hopefully your Sponsor will be on the up & up. Shalom Rabashskin is on trail because he thought he could beat the system. He seems to be the patsy in all this. The immagration laws need to changed, they are as old as the hills. I don't like seeing illegals sucking the juice out of our country either, but they are human beings treated like animals in some cases. This is a case that exists in my area at this time. :eek:

wombat2u2004
05-28-2010, 01:10 AM
You can always spot an illegal immigrant.....by the wig they wear ;)

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/wombat2u2004/GetAttachmentCA2ERRGU.jpg

Bonny
05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
:eek: OH MY! :eek: The wig & sweater are color coordinated at least.

wombat2u2004
05-28-2010, 08:34 AM
:eek: OH MY! :eek: The wig & sweater are color coordinated at least.

That is one of the giveaway signs.
Also, when you ask them their name, they will say "Jeffrey", but it doesn't sound like Jeffrey....it sounds like Pancho. ;)