PDA

View Full Version : US Virtual Wall

wombat2u2004
05-22-2010, 08:38 AM
This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.
I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that timeframe, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site.
You can click on individuals names to get their full bio.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

Freedom
05-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Thank you for finding and sharing the link.

I've seen The Wall in DC several times; I was living down there when it was dedicated, and I attended.

Just checked, yes, they have all 3 of my cousins on the virtual wall. I have 2 male cousins who managed to stay alive. NOT a good time for our family.

blue
05-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for posting this Wom. Ive been to the Wall in DC, it truely is a sobering and somber place.

RICHARD
05-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Very cool and thought provoking.

Thanks.

Grace
05-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the link, John. There are a couple I know on that list.

We've also been to The Wall. Blue's comments are right on the mark.

Bonny
05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I will have to get hubby in the house & off the tractor to see this. We were lucky in our family 2 brother-in-laws (one married a viet namese gal) 3 cousins & hubby made it home safely from the Viet Nam War. I feel grateful for that but all the young people that lost their lives it is hard to fathom.

DJFyrewolf36
05-22-2010, 07:40 PM
What a wonderful site. Ive been to the Wall once and it brought me to tears. So many people lost over something that was really pointless. We need to remember these men so that something like this doesn't happen again.