PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone I'm Back!

lynnestankard
10-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Back Safe and Sound.

Hi all - we arrived home on Friday morning after our very frantic trip to Chicago. We had so much fun visiting with Diane and Jason, especially seeing them run the Chicago Marathon. Saying 'Goodbye' was as hard as always.
But I saw my consultant 2 hours after we landed and the news is - I need the operation to fix my arm - so I have that tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. Can't say I'm looking forward to it - but hopefully the arm will heal properly afterwards.
Glad to be back - am trying to catch up with all the threads - I'll probably finish when it's time to go into hospital!!!!

Lynne

Randi
10-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Welcome back, Lynne! I'm glad you had a nice trip! - did you get to see our dear Edwina?? Sorry you have to go to hospital, but I hope your arm will heal well! :)

All the best,
from Fister Randi & John

RockyRoad
10-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Welcome back!!! Glad you had fun on your trip!

mugsy
10-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Geez Lynne, I wish I had known you were in Chicago, Mike and I could have driven up to meet you and then gone out to dinner with Sara (Edwina's Secretary) and hubby.

I'm glad the trip went well. How did they do in the marathon?

I'm sorry to hear that you have to have surgery to mend the arm, but I hope that it will be good as new afterwards.

lynnestankard
10-20-2002, 12:57 PM
Hello Molly - they both finished the Marathon in 5 hours and 15 Minutes - in fact they crossed the line together holding hands.
It was a first time Marathon for both of them and they'd put a lot of training into it. Whether or not they do it again next year remains to be seen!!

Lynne

ChrisH
10-20-2002, 12:58 PM
Welcome back. Hope the operation goes well and you heal up very fast.

AvaJoy
10-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Hi Lynne ~ Hope your surgery goes smoothly and we all will be thinking about you!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2002, 06:49 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad you had fun. Prayers on the way for them to fix your wing to be as good as new tomorrow.

Miss Meow
10-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Welcome back Lynne! Good luck with your surgery. I hope you can type one-handed tomorrow and let us know that it all went well :)

Felicia's Mom
10-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Welcome back and good luck with your surgery.

Pam
10-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Lynne I'm glad you're home all safe and sound! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Nomilynn
10-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Welcome home!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you! :D :D

AmberLee
10-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Good luck tomorrow! Fingers and paws crossed here for you!

anna_66
10-21-2002, 07:59 AM
Welcome back Lynne, we missed you! Glad to hear you had a nice trip, but sorry to hear about your arm.
Take Care!

Logan
10-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Hey! Get that broken wing fixed and get back to us soon, Lynne!!! We'll certainly keep you in our prayers today.

Logan :)

lizbud
10-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Welcome home Lynne,

Glad to hear that your trip went well. Gosh, it's funny to
think how close (distance wise) you were to Molly & to me.
Also, my daughter lives in the Chicago area. Small world
sometimes is'nt it? Hope the surgery goes well for you
and your arm is fixed 100%. Will say some prayers for a
good outcome from this operation. Good to see you posting
again and Good Luck today. :)

moosmom
10-22-2002, 10:02 AM
WELCOME HOME LYNNE!!! Glad to see you back! Hope everything is well with you.

((hugs))

NoahsMommy
10-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Lynne!
I'm so glad you are back and that your time with your daughter and son-in-law was good! You will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Take care,
Kelly :)

Logan
10-22-2002, 01:41 PM
I sure have you and that "broken wing" on my mind today, Lynne. Hope the recuperation is going fine and that the broken wing will heal quickly!!! :D

wolflady
10-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Welcome back Lynne! So glad that you had a good time with your family in Chicago and a safe trip back home!! Thoughts and prayers are on the way for a speedy recovery of your arm! Do let us know how you are doing!

Much love and **hugs**
Karen

lizbud
10-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Lynne,

Just a line to let you know prayers & positive thoughts
are winging there way over to you. Hope you soon on
the mend. Take care. Liz & Smokey Joe.:)

lynnestankard
10-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks to you all for the good wishes and prayers. Things are going well. I came home yesterday - I feel a bit worse today as all the bruising has now come out and I'm black and blue!!
The surgeon was very pleased and now I should have a strong arm and shoulder - all I have to do is start the exercises - I'm trying but at the moment the pain is proving a bit of a nuisance!
Thanks for all the P.M's and E Cards - you know who you are!! Very good friends all of you. xxx

Lynne

Heather Wallace
10-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Hope you recover from your op Lynne.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, you lucky thing.

tatsxxx11
10-24-2002, 03:20 PM
If you think you could use the services of a qualified private duty nurse, Lynne, give me a ring! A trip to England would be lovely!;) Hope today finds you feeling just a little bit better! What a trooper! But, as we Yanks, know, you Brits invented the stiff upper lip!!:D Rest well, do your exercises and make sure you're being waited on hand, foot and wing!! (I know, Lynne. I recycled that one!:D)

NoahsMommy
10-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Yay! I'm glad you are home safe and your surgery went well. Now it's time to heal...I think a daily dose (or two...or three..or a hundred) of Pet Talk is in order. That'll surely get you all better! :)

You take care and get better soon. You'll remain in my prayers.