PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a BAAAAAAAD Meowmie!!!

moosmom
05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
I had to run an errand. So I left (it only took about 15 minutes). I came back and found poor Buddy sitting in the corner at the top of the stairs of the hallway of my apartment. He looked terrified. I scooped him up, covered him in kisses and apologized. I hadn't realized he snuck out. Thank God I have an enclosed apartment building or he would've been long gone.

I feel awful:(. I gave him a handful of treats and then fed him.

Lesson: In multi-cat households, ALWAYS take inventory upon leaving and arriving.

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 04:20 PM
:love: Heck I can loose a cat in my own house.. That is horrifing.. Oh I will bet you was like OMG horrified.. Well so glad Buddy was ok.. By the way I can hear him say more treats meowmomie..

Laura's Babies
05-20-2010, 04:37 PM
OH MY! Poor baby had to be terrified! (Mommie too when she realized what happened!) Maybe he won't want to check out what's outside that door again now that he knows how lonesome it can be.

catmandu
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I certainly would not say that Donna, Our Cats have a way of sneaking out on us when we least expect it.:eek:
They are small and quick and so low to the ground that we cant see them until its too late:eek:
We pray that Buddy has learned a valuable lesson and will not do that again.:love:

Taz_Zoee
05-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm so glad he was okay. And I know how scary that can be.
Heck, I only have one cat and I always find her before we leave just to make sure she isn't locked in closet or out in the garage.

happylabs
05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Or...it was a ploy on his part to get kisses, lovins and treats! :D

catnapper
05-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I think we've all done something like that. Just a few days ago, I let Allen in the yard while we were taking out the trash and forgot he was out! He was sitting on the step outside the door with a look that said "Well, FINALLY!"

(thankfully he's my only one I trust outside -- too darn fat to actually wander anywhere :p)

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2010, 12:09 AM
This has happened to me a few times too. Luckily my front door opens up to a hallway. I'm glad that all is well now.:)

Freedom
05-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Count tails, then count 'em again. ;) Unless I need to know where Dad is as well; then I have to count noses! :D

Buddy will likely recover more quickly than you, Donna. The treats helped!

GILL
05-21-2010, 07:24 AM
It happens, We have only 1 escapee in 25 years, Missy, she got treed by the dogs next door at the time. Never went near the outside doors again. I have locked them in the basement, attic, closets, and so on. IT HAPPENS.

moosmom
05-21-2010, 10:55 AM
GILL,

Boy are YOU lucky!!

cassiesmom
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Moosmom, I'm with everybody else, please don't beat yourself up. I went out with trash once and when I came back, guess who was in the hallway waiting for me?! She doesn't hold a grudge, though.

katladyd
05-21-2010, 02:18 PM
One morning a few years ago, I stepped outside to get the newspaper on the porch. I was sitting reading with my cup of coffee a few minutes later, when I kept hearing a cat meowing outside. I opened the door and there was Mac, ready to come back inside! It has happened to just about everyone, I guess. They are quick and stealthy little creatures.:D

Pinot's Mom
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Just be glad it was a short errand and nothing happened. You are not a bad Mom! At all!!:love: