PDA

View Full Version : Need Help transporting kittens from SE KS to OK or TX

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
:) Ok HELP Is there any PT Member that is Located in Wichita, KS or Tulsa, OK or Oklahoma City, OK that could help us with transport.. Any of these locations would be within 5 hrs from me & would help me with getting these babies from MOFF..

Please help us if you can - have orphaned kits that need a safe haven. :love:

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
:love: Yes I am the one in TX that is trying to get these wittle ones from MOFF in KS.. Please we need a extra legg of transporting..

Catty1
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I got informed by Karen that Oklahoma is between Kansas and Texas. A cat-loving friend of mine is originally from Okie and lives about 20 minutes from me. He was in OK just a few weeks ago, grew up there and has lots of friends.

I messaged him on FB with the link to the message, briefly outlining the situation. Hopefully he will know someone, and we can get one link taken care of.

Prayers!

krazyaboutkatz
05-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I got informed by Karen that Oklahoma is between Kansas and Texas. A cat-loving friend of mine is originally from Okie and lives about 20 minutes from me. He was in OK just a few weeks ago, grew up there and has lots of friends.

I messaged him on FB with the link to the message, briefly outlining the situation. Hopefully he will know someone, and we can get one link taken care of.

Prayers!
This is great news.:) Hopefully everything will work out.:)

lvpets2002
05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
:) Oh Candace that would be great news.. See if someone from these locations noted could go to MOFF & back then I could meet in the locations noted & back home.. Please we are begging.. Keep us posted if can..

Prayers!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I just found out there is a chapter of the SPCA in a town 30 miles from us. I sent them an email and explained the situation and asked if they can help or know anyone who can or if they can give us any ideas. Cross fingers all! :love:

Catty1
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Fingers crossed, eyes too! :D

Anikaca77
05-25-2010, 03:33 PM
http://network.bestfriends.org/GoLocal/Default.aspx

maybe post something for OK KA and TX ?

http://www.tulsa-animalshelter.com/

General Inquiries:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General inquiries may be directed by email, phone, or standard mail:

Oklahoma Alliance for Animals, Inc.
2642 East 21st Street, Suite 120
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 742-3700 phone
(918) 587-7103 fax

[email protected]

Media inquires:
Working with our media partners is a priority to us. Inquiries by the media may be directed by phone or e-mail:

Phone: (918) 367-8999

lvpets2002
05-25-2010, 03:37 PM
:) I still have all paw crossed.. Maybe this place will know of transports in the area.. It just saddens me that you can get all kinds of help & transports going to the East && can not get any in the mid states.. :(

I just found out there is a chapter of the SPCA in a town 30 miles from us. I sent them an email and explained the situation and asked if they can help or know anyone who can or if they can give us any ideas. Cross fingers all! :love:

Anikaca77
05-25-2010, 06:18 PM
:) I still have all paw crossed.. Maybe this place will know of transports in the area.. It just saddens me that you can get all kinds of help & transports going to the East && can not get any in the mid states.. :(

yeah I've found that too, every place I look on Petfinder it was for the east or west coast.

I've posted it to my facebook but I don't have a lot of friends there so we'll see.

Melissa

momoffuzzyfaces
05-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I just talked to the lady from the spca. They have a member who goes to OK regularly. She is going to contact him today.

Helene I sent you a PM. Please read. We need to know what citys and dates would be best for you.

Keep those fingers crossed everyone!!! :love::love::love:

Catty1
05-26-2010, 09:24 AM
WOOHOO! MOFF, at least Helen will post pics and updates so you can keep track of the wittle ones that go.

And you can laugh if Miss Carmela starts the flying zoomies on her own. Must be a Kansas Tortie thing! :D

lvpets2002
05-26-2010, 09:57 AM
:love: WooHoo Yes I PM you back too.. My hopes are up again.. Ok everyone all Paws Crossed now.. Miss Carmela you had better be picking your two traveling buddies..
I just talked to the lady from the spca. They have a member who goes to OK regularly. She is going to contact him today.

Helene I sent you a PM. Please read. We need to know what citys and dates would be best for you.

Keep those fingers crossed everyone!!! :love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
YAY!! Paws crossed! :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2010, 12:06 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D All fingers and paws are crossed here. Great work MOFF.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-26-2010, 12:35 PM
:love: WooHoo Yes I PM you back too.. My hopes are up again.. Ok everyone all Paws Crossed now.. Miss Carmela you had better be picking your two traveling buddies..

Well, she has her hair brushed! :D:love:

lvpets2002
05-26-2010, 12:51 PM
:love: Hang in there baby.. I know your getting lots of Love.. Awee & your hair is brushed too.. Sending Whisker Kissess & Belly Rubbss..
Well, she has her hair brushed! :D:love:

lizbud
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
All paws crossed here.:):)

phesina
05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
All fingers, toes, paw pads crossed here too!

phesina
05-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Today I heard from a friend (and BIG-TIME cat rescuer and transport-arranger) who lives in Houston. She helped arranged transport for one of our Mosaic cats here in Ann Arbor all the way to upstate New York, for one success story.

In case the transport you're waiting to hear on doesn't work out for some reason.. She suggested www.uship.com.. They do a great job getting kitties from one place to another ..all over the country and even to other countries! Here is some of what she had to say:

".. When Jean brought down Kyle's sibs, we used www.uship.com - a man and his wife drove the kids down to jean's vet straight thru for a really good price. You just post on uship what you need and people bid on what they will do the job for. There are a bunch of transporters doing that - all have references and have been doing it for awhile. ... If they have not found anyone yet, you might suggest uship. For that short distance it probably would be less than $300.00.. "

Best wishes to all getting where they want to go!

Love from Pat and kitties :love::love::love::love::love::love:

P.S. My gang: Sydney is all the way from Cambridge MA.. [he moved with me when I moved to Providence RI and then 4 years later here to Ann Arbor MI] .. Bob is from Grand Rapids, MI.. just a couple of hours drive from here.. I went and got him after learning here on Pet Talk about him needing a new home. The others are all Ann Arbor kids that I wound up "fostering" (permanently!) for our shelter here, the Mosaic Feline Refuge.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the link Phesina. I just checked it out. The kits would need to go the the vet for shots and stuff before they can be shipped that way. That would make the cost way beyond anything I could ever manage. The vet visit for one cat is around $50 here. :love:

lvpets2002
06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
:) WoW I never heard of this transport service.. See thats the same with Airlines.. I could fly in & fly them babies back out But they have to have all of their shots & ect for the Airlines to accept.. I am still wishing the couple that is coming to Dallas on June 5th would change their minds & bring the babies with them.. And or still hoping for the people to get ahold of the other people that can go to OK.. Still got all Paws Crossed..
Thanks for the link Phesina. I just checked it out. The kits would need to go the the vet for shots and stuff before they can be shipped that way. That would make the cost way beyond anything I could ever manage. The vet visit for one cat is around $50 here. :love:

lvpets2002
06-10-2010, 04:43 PM
:) Update == Thanks to Karen & Melissa == I am working with 3 diff contacts with Friends of Felines.. They think they can help us get the babies to the TX border & then I can pickup & then bring them on home.. All Paws Crossed..

Lillycat
06-10-2010, 07:13 PM
i have been watching this thread and so glad to hear its still a work in progress.....hoping and praying.......

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I sure hope that everything will work out. All fingers and paws are crossed here.:)

lvpets2002
06-11-2010, 10:16 AM
:love: I so do too.. We are so so close now.. All Paws Crossed for Sure Now..
I sure hope that everything will work out. All fingers and paws are crossed here.:)

phesina
06-11-2010, 01:30 PM
All fingers, toes, paw pads, etc. crossed here too!

lvpets2002
06-16-2010, 10:21 AM
:love: ** UPDATE** We have a lady that wants to pickup the babies from Connie in KS & take them to Deb in OK.. I have spoke to this women & she is selfemployeed & says she can go at anytime to get the babies from Ft Scott.. Carmen (the lady) & I are waiting on contact back from Connie & Debbie on when good time for pickup & dropoff could & needs to be.. Woo Hoo we just nearly have the trips done.. Connie I PM you too..:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
:love: ** UPDATE** We have a lady that wants to pickup the babies from Connie in KS & take them to Deb in OK.. I have spoke to this women & she is selfemployeed & says she can go at anytime to get the babies from Ft Scott.. Carmen (the lady) & I are waiting on contact back from Connie & Debbie on when good time for pickup & dropoff could & needs to be.. Woo Hoo we just nearly have the trips done.. Connie I PM you too..:love:

Happy Dance in progress in my kitchen right now! :D

I sent you a PM back!!! :D:D:D

krazyaboutkatz
06-16-2010, 11:17 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D Hopefully it can happen soon and everything will go well.:)

lvpets2002
06-16-2010, 12:24 PM
:love: Just want to Say so Many Thanks on All of the Support & Loving Hearts for the Carmela Fiona, Tangy Peaches & Sunny Summer Sunshine.. It is all worth it for sure.. The babies will be in TX soon.. :love:

lvpets2002
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
:love: ** UPDATE Again.. ** Carmen & I just spoke && she has now talked to Debbie.. Carmen wants to come get the babies from Connie on this Friday 18th & take to Debbie.. Then Sunday 20th I will go get the babies from Debbie in Sherman.. See Debbie has to work on Saturday.. See I just knew we would find the way & people.. So Many Thanks for Everyones Positive Paws & Support..

Karen
06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
How exciting!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
:love: ** UPDATE Again.. ** Carmen & I just spoke && she has now talked to Debbie.. Carmen wants to come get the babies from Connie on this Friday 18th & take to Debbie.. Then Sunday 20th I will go get the babies from Debbie in Sherman.. See Carmen has to work on Saturday.. See I just knew we would find the way & people.. So Many Thanks for Everyones Positive Paws & Support..

And I'll be here waiting for her!!! :D

Just think, we will all get the fun of watching them grow through pictures and posts from lvpets over the years!!! I imagine Chuck and Chip will be sending pms and greetings to their siblings before we know it!;):love:

phesina
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
What wonderful news! HOOORAYYY!!!!!

lvpets2002
06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
:love: I am already for pics taken.. I know the babies will be so tired.. Hey they will get to sleep alot riding.. Oh I am so excited..
And I'll be here waiting for her!!! :D

Just think, we will all get the fun of watching them grow through pictures and posts from lvpets over the years!!! I imagine Chuck and Chip will be sending pms and greetings to their siblings before we know it!;):love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-16-2010, 11:48 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm excited for you too Helene. It will be so nice to be able to watch all 5 of these kittens grow up.:)

lvpets2002
06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
:love: Well All is Set & in Place.. Carmen confirmed with Connie of the babies to be picked up tomorrow & then they go to Debbie's until Sunday & then I will be picking up the babies.. By Sunday Evening we will all be home in TX & pooppeedd.. We will keep all posted as the transporting unfolds ok.. Thank You All for Your Supports & Loving Hearts..

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm so glad to hear that everything is confirmed. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent for an easy and safe transport for everyone.:)

lvpets2002
06-18-2010, 03:51 PM
:love: Connie said Carmen has the babies now & is headed to Debbie's place.. Yes the wittle 3 ones will be in their new furrever home Sunday in Tx with my loving crew.. I am in such Happy Tears now.. Happy Dance Happy Dance..
I'm so glad to hear that everything is confirmed. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent for an easy and safe transport for everyone.:)