PDA

View Full Version : Random act of kindness brought tears...

Taz_Zoee
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
This morning on my way to work I was on a busy road that has three lanes going each direction. All of the sudden people were putting on their brakes. I was a little irritated until I saw a man going out in the lane closest to the sidewalk. As I approached I saw he was holding his dog (pug/beagle) in his left hand and with his right he scooped up a duck out of the roadway and moved it to the safety of the sidewalk. The duck was alive and kicking. I'm not sure what injuries the duck sustained, but at least it won't be hurt anymore by other cars.
Thank you to the brave man that risked his own life and that of his dog to help this poor duck. And I will just believe the duck is okay. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
If only there were more like him. God bless you sir

Vette
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Awwwww

that was sweet of him. glad to know there are still decent people out there

moosmom
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Too bad there aren't many people out there like that. That duck is very lucky.

phesina
05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
I also say: God bless you, sir.

Thank you for this story, what a wonderful thing to read.

momcat
05-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story! Bless the gentleman who cared enough to get the duck to safety. He will be rewarded for this act of kindness.

What a lucky dog to have such a caring owner!

Medusa
05-19-2010, 06:10 PM
What a good man! I love hearing stories like this. :love:

cassiesmom
05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
How nice of him to look after the duck!

When I worked in Westmont the main street through the office park had one lane in each direction, so it was pretty busy during rush periods. One morning it was at a stand-still and I could not figure out why. As I got closer to the problem, I realized that it was because a car had stopped to let a goose and goslings cross the street! (Jaywalking, lol) I was several cars back, so by the time I got to them, they were well off the curb heading for the retention pond. Cute :)