PDA

View Full Version : Error messages popping up on Facebook???

Nomilynn
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Is anyone else getting error messages on Facebook? Since yesterday afternoon, every time I move my mouse to navigate in Facebook I'm getting a pop up that says "Out of Memory at Line: 27" and then when I escape out of it I will get "Stack Overflow at Line: 28"

How do I stop it? It's super irritating.

It's also teaching me a lesson on how much I rely on that website! :P

Donnaj4962
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
I was having that issue yesterday on FB. I just exited out and went to do something else! Not sure what was going on.

happylabs
05-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Have not had this issue yet but have had others.

Someone else posted this website on another forum I am on. There is some very good information on this site about Facebook and privacy:

http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/

Pinot's Mom
05-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I had that same issue yesterday!

Medusa
05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
A friend had that issue but mine was different. FB would change pages w/o my doing it, then it went to someone's profile w/o my prompting, it wasn't posting anything that I wrote. I finally just gave up and clicked out.

Karen
05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
You should always remember to log out of Facebook when you leave it for the day. With all the issues they are having with privacy concerns, it is well worth typing in your password again when you want to next check in, and keeping your other browsing from their eyes.

Nomilynn
05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
I deleted my temporary internet files, and that seemed to fix the problem.

I'm not having any issues with privacy though.

chocolatepuppy
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I started getting that pop up this morning and this evening.

Laura's Babies
05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I finally got them yesterday and soon as you would "X" out of it, it popped right back up and you couldn't do anything.. I just got out of there all together and so far it hasn't happened again.

That privacy issue from what I have read is that every time they do a update, they reset your settings so you have to keep a watch on them and reset them whenever they update.. I checked mine and some had been changed so I just reset them.

I was led to this sight by one of those warning pages about the resetting when updating and I saved it just in case... You may want to do the same...
http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account

Catty1
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Popups can be caused by spyware in your computer, too - it may not be just Facebook.

www.malwarebytes.org - download the free version on the left, install it, and run the Short scan.

If you use it in the future, remember to update it each time (click the Updates tab).

smokey the elder
05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
That is a very good piece of software. I had an issue at my work where the regular firewall/AV wouldn't block/remove a spyware but that one did!

cassiesmom
05-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I was getting Out Of Memory At Line 27 and line 32 just now. Frustrating.

Vette
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Thats strange. if i didnt know any better id say that looks like a harddrive issue with ones computer