PDA

View Full Version : Who ever said that pets help reduce Blood pressure,

kokopup
05-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Bright and early this morning, while having breakfast, all of a sudden the house erupted in total mayhem. It appears that Rascal, my male Tux, brought a chipmunk in that brought Koko running to the rescue. The chipmunk took off running from them both. My wife screamed for me to help, so while I was trying to keep my eye on the chipper, Koko and Rascal were running in all directions trying to catch it. I got a towel to throw over Chip but every time I got within towel throwing distance either Rascal, Koko, or both would come charging thru and Chip would take off in retreat. After about 30 minutes of turning over furniture and the scattering of books and such, I finally got a towel over Chip. With the towel wrapped up, I retreated to the front porch where I set Chip free. Needless to say this was a exercise that got my blood pumping early.There is never a dull moment when Rascal and Koko team up.:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-19-2010, 01:06 AM
... all of a sudden the house erupted in total mayhem.

... Needless to say this was a exercise that got my blood pumping early.

Reminds me of living in the OLD farm house ... when the occasional BAT
would venture down from the attic. :eek:
Nothing livened up the old ranch like 4 or 5 Humans, most *swinging*
Badminton Rackets; 3 excited German Shepherds; and ONE Frantic BAT!
:rolleyes:

Extra Points were awarded for *swatting* the BAT off a lamp IF the
lamp remained more-or-less upright on the table.
;)

Sonia59
05-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Wow, a morning party at your house! It must have been funny :D:D

I am glad you got the chipmunk out, and alive :)

chocolatepuppy
05-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Lowering blood pressure? Sure, once eveyone's tired out and sleeping!:D Sounds like an exciting morning at your house!:cool: Your pets may not have lowered your BP, but they sure are fun!:p

Medusa
05-19-2010, 06:01 AM
That's really funny! I can only imagine the chaos. :D

happylabs
05-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Oh my. That is way too much excitement for me in the morning. :eek:
Think about the poor chipper too. He probably nearly had a heart attack himself!

Laura's Babies
05-19-2010, 07:44 AM
and WHERE was the video camera? That would have been a sight to see! Poor Chippy was probably fixing to have a heart attack too with 2 cats and a human chasing it in a strange place.

What do the cats have planned for your entertainment tomorrow? :eek:

kokopup
05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Laura's Babies

and WHERE was the video camera? That would have been a sight to see! Poor Chippy was probably fixing to have a heart attack too with 2 cats and a human chasing it in a strange place.

What do the cats have planned for your entertainment tomorrow?

if there had been 2 ten pound cats chasing chipper there would have been less chaos than what we had, because Koko is a 100 pound dog. When they play rough house it can become very stimulating in the Great room, but when you add a chipmunk into the mix, mayhem is the only good word describing the scene. I would have loved to have had a video camera to record the wake up call.

My great room has 24 ft ceilings with an overlooking loft that connects the upstairs bedrooms. That would have been the only safe place for someone to video the chase, otherwise they would have been knocked over by the converging animals. When you add my wife and me to the animal list, it was a sight to see.:)

Freedom
05-19-2010, 08:40 AM
:D OH I LOVE it! What a wake up call!

When I lived in my apartment, 3rd floor, I had bird feeders hanging from the balcony. Several times, Sparkle would catch a bird, bring it in through the pet door, and release it. With 4 cats, it was like the Keystone Kops, as I was dashing about grabbing picture frames, lamps, vases, before they broke; then snag the rear most cat, toss in a bedroom and slam door. Only chance I had of getting the bird was gathering the cats first. Two of the 3 birds survived! (I had to take all 3 to the wildlife vet for a check up)

Tomorrow, they will be working with larger game! Maybe a squirrel, maybe a raccoon. BE READY! He he heee.

Randi
05-19-2010, 08:58 AM
He he, what an entertaining morning - I can picure it. :D Glad you got the chipmunk out alive, though. :)

So what's the excersise program for tomorrow? LOL!

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
That's great. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa

Vette
05-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I am sorry,, but i couldnt help but giggle. :D
glad to hear that no one got hurt though.

Bonny
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Kokopup, You got your 30 minute cardial workout that the doctors all recommend. :D

Marigold2
05-19-2010, 10:25 PM
LOL, oh how funny it must be to you now, not then but now.:D