PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found on my back porch today!

Pages : [1] 2

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I was going to take some trash out and when I went onto the porch I saw:

These cuties
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7042.jpg

Mommy Lilac
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7036.jpg
and these
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7035.jpg
and this - this in one of the three who were eating in the above pic
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7030.jpg
and Mommy Lilac and 3 of her babies - this was taken through the window on the back door.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7045.jpg

No wonder Lilac has been hanging around close and trying to come inside lately. The two orangies let me pet them with one finger but the blackies whan no part in petting, just food. Mercy, what am I going to do now? :love:

Anikaca77
05-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh how adorable.

I'm sure they will get adopted so quickly.

I'd love to help but with Ziggy and the blind girl I'm trying to help I'm pretty full. My prays though. At least she knew where to go with them.

Melissa

Taz_Zoee
05-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh my goodness!! They are so adorable! They know where to go. Lilac probably thought "Hey, Winnie went in this house with her baby. Maybe she'll help me too."

I hope you can find them all great homes. :D And if I lived closer one of those homes would probably be mine. :p

lizbud
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
AWWWWWW, The longer I look at them, the weaker I get.:) The momma
is beautiful & the babies are soooooooo cute.:D

Tora Oni
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
They are so cute, and such a beautiful mom cat. Lilac is such a pretty name for her too.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh my goodness!! They are so adorable! They know where to go. Lilac probably thought "Hey, Winnie went in this house with her baby. Maybe she'll help me too."

I hope you can find them all great homes. :D And if I lived closer one of those homes would probably be mine. :p

Believe me I feel really guilty about that. Lilac was the one I wanted to try and tame and adopt. When Winnie showed up pregnant and needing help with her baby, I couldn't say no to her.

I'd love to bring them all inside but just can't do it. Physically I've reached the limit of all I can care for inside. Right now, all I can do is feed them and give them a porch to live on. (Miss Angel and Winnie are none too pleased about them even being on the porch, believe me) :love:

Lillycat
05-16-2010, 12:48 PM
such beautiful babies.....

Scooter's Mom
05-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Oh, how I agree with this. I'd love one of them. Especially an orangie!

moosmom
05-16-2010, 01:10 PM
What gorgeous babies and mama!!!!

columbine
05-16-2010, 01:34 PM
*melt* I just want to tickle all their little tummies!

Love, Columbine

Randi
05-16-2010, 02:54 PM
My oh my, aren't they cute - and hungry! :p I guess a little homemade house on the porch will do just fine - for now. ;) So glad summer is coming. I hope you can find homes for them all later.

Whisk_Luva
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
They are soooo cute... :love::) And Lilac is gorgeous (if only I lived near and was able to have a cat haha)

I hope you are able to find them homes...

Laura's Babies
05-16-2010, 03:55 PM
That Mama is stunning! Looks like you need to spend some time on the back porch, getting some babies socialized and ready for homes... OMG! That is where I'd be all day if that was MY back porch! (We just don't get to play with kittens much anymore and they're so SWEET!)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Sadly, finding homes for them may not be a problem. I just got up from a nap and they were all gone off the porch. Plus there were big muddy dog paw prints all over the porch. Also a dog dug up the wet ground around one corner of the porch.

I hope Lilac got her babies away safely. I'm wondering if they may somehow have gotten under the porch even though it is closed in at the bottom. Poor babies! :(

Prairie Purrs
05-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh, I do hope that Lilac moved her family someplace safe before the dog came along. :( It's very possible that they're safe and sound somewhere and that the dog was just checking out the scent.

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2010, 06:09 PM
They're all adorable.:) The orangies would probably be adopted by me if I found them.;) I sure hope that they're safe from the dog or whatever else may be out there. I hope that they'll all be able to find great loving forever homes and all be spayed and neutered. Please continue to keep us updated about them.

3Catcondo
05-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh no..I hope they are safe. MOFF- Those orangies grabbed my heart!! Now they are all I can think about. :love::)

Please let us know if you find them safe.

Amy

momcat
05-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Those babies, like their mommy, are absolutely irresistable! The orangie twins knocked me right off my chair :love:

Somehow I tend to think that mommycat got her babies to safety when the dog came by. Have you seen them since then?

Isn't it amazing how animals instinctively know where to go for help and what humans they can trust? MoFF, the kitties are obviously spreading your number around!

phesina
05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Adorable!

Catty1
05-16-2010, 07:22 PM
If they come back, please call your vet's office. They sound like very nice people and I think they would help you out.

I hope they are ok, and that Mama Lilac just hid them somewhere.

They ARE too cute! And Lilac is a beautiful girl.:):love:

cassiesmom
05-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh, MoFF! I too hope that your vet's office can help you with this mama and baby kitties --- they are absolutely precious!

And a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10813396

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Lilac is dead.
I just found her laying in my neighbors yard. There is no sign of the babies.
I don't know what to do. I hate to just leave her there but am in no shape to bury her. :(

I called our animal control officer. He came and took Lilac away. There is no signs of the babies. I know they can't be too far away. Please pray for the little ones who will not survive without Lilac unless I can find them.

I sure let Lilac and her babies down. I can't do this any more. No more feeding strays. It's too heartbreaking.

Catty1
05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh NOOO. MOFF, I hurt to hear this; how tragic and heartbreaking!:(:(:(

Prayers for the babies. I hope Mom hid them somewhere. I wonder if AC would look for them?

{{{hugs}}} Lilac died protecting her babies, I am sure.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Lilac.

ETA: You did not let her and her babies down. They knew your porch; you had no control over that dog that came to your place (I wonder who the owners are...:mad: ). You would have called your vet, taken some action to help them. That dog showing up ruined almost everything - NOT you.

Look at your two zoomie and naughty miracles...Angel would certainly be dead without your help.

more {{{hugs}}} :love::love::love:

lvpets2002
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
:(:( Oh No I am just heart broken.. What happen to Lilac?? I am just about in tears.. Please please find those babies if can.. How so so horrible.. I sure hope they will come back to your porch for food.. I am going to light candles & say prayers that the wittle ones can be found.. Keep us posted ok..:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2010, 10:43 AM
:(:( Oh No I am just heart broken.. What happen to Lilac?? I am just about in tears.. Please please find those babies if can.. How so so horrible.. I sure hope they will come back to your porch for food.. I am going to light candles & say prayers that the wittle ones can be found.. Keep us posted ok..:love:

I'm sure the dog must have killed Lilac. She was laying in clover in the neighbor's yard. We have had so much rain lately, I didn't see her yesterday evening when I went out. It was just by chance I saw a sad pile of fur and decided to check it out.

I've walked around the yard and lilac bush hoping to hear tiny meows but nothing. They are so little they could be anywhere. I can't stand thinking of those sweet babies alone, cold and hungry out there. :(

Prairie Purrs
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find the little ones. And please don't beat up on yourself. Someone else let that dog roam.

RIP, sweet Lilac.

Purr-tender
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh, my heart sank when I read about Lilac! I rarely post anymore but am here every day keeping track. I feel your pain and self doubt, I've been there. Please don't think you failed her. We can only take on so much. I just wish I lived closer! I'd be there in a heartbeat trying to help find those poor little ones. Are there any humane groups in your area? Surely someone would be willing to come out and try to find those babies. This is a heartbreaking situation. I know you are sick about Lilac as we all are. We are all here for you! (((HUGS)))

krazyaboutkatz
05-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lilac.:( She was such a beauty. RIP sweet girl.:( Hopefully you'll be able to find the kittens soon. I'll keep them all in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't beat yourself up about this. You didn't do anything wrong. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Logan
05-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh Connie. :( I'm so sorry this happened.

Anikaca77
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm so sorry this happened. This is so terrible. My prays. I hope you find the babies soon.

Melissa

slick
05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Dearest friend:
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Lilac. She knew you loved her and we all share in your grief.

RIP sweet Lilac. The whole world is praying for your little ones. :(:(

:love::love::love:

katladyd
05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh, I am sending up tons of prayers for those babies. I had a beloved cat killed by a dog and I can no longer tolerate them. This didn't help me get over that!:( Dogs are so cruel!!!:mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't even stand to eat anything myself because I keep thinking of those 5 hungry babies. I only hope God will watch over them like he does the birds. :love:

Lilac if you are at the bridge, please whisper in your babies ears and bring them back here. I'll try and do better by them. :love:

momcat
05-17-2010, 03:28 PM
MoFF, I feel totally devastated at the news of Lilac. The irresponsible owners of that dog need to be held accountable for this!!! How dare they allow that dog to run loose! :mad: :mad: Those poor babies! :(

You did everything you possibly could for this beautiful kitty family. Please don't feel that you failed them, nothing could be farther from the truth. Lilac trusted you enough to bring her babies right to your door, that's why I firmly believe they're not far away.

Prayers are being prayed for these precious little ones to be found before any more harm comes to them. RIP beautiful Lilac and please lead us to your babies so they can be safe, loved and cared for :love: :love: :love: :love:

Husky_mom
05-17-2010, 03:34 PM
they are so cute!.. I was gonna say increase your siggy.. then read about lilac.. and Iīm so sorry it turned that way..

now I do hope those kitties are safe somewhere.. and hopefully start calling out so someone can hear them and help.. poor babies..

and not to be defensive.. but itīs not certain it was the dog that killed Lilac.. it still is just a guess.. Iīm not saying it wasnīt either as it could well be.. but still just assumption.. i just hope the babies are ok

katladyd
05-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I know that not all dogs are like that, and I try to get over it, but she was my baby and she was mauled to death. Her last act on earth was to raise a paw to strike back. I had nightmares for months and I still can't get over it.:(

catmandu
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
We are so sad to hear about Poor Lilac.:(
We are praying that if you leave food out where the Kittens can see it, that their hunger will bring them back to you.:love:
Er pray that Dog has not harmed those Little Cats of the Future:love: or scared them in running away and getting lost.:eek:
Are there any neighbors you trust to help you search for the Little Ones.:love:
Dont ever blame yourself, all we can do is leave out the food for the Hungry Ones and try to do our best to help them,
After all, it was not we who let Lilac become a stray and a Momma Cat:(
We are praying that those Kittens come to where they will be safe , on your Porch
God Bless You for caring.:love::love:

Catty1
05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
MOFF...maybe put out some wet food - the babies will have good noses and hopefully will find it.

This is SO sad. :(:(

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2010, 04:46 PM
All 5 babies are alive and under my back porch. Turns out there is a tiny crack where the porch meets the house that is just kitten size!!! :D

I couldn't rest so went outside. I swore I heard meowing but couldn't find it. I just happened to go around the house and see 2 black kitty bums scoot under the house. I got some wet food for them. The piggies ate almost 2 cans of wet food.

I'll have to leave them under the house right now. I know no dog can get under there. They have dirty noses and were shaking, more from fright than anything I think but all are alert and at well.

One of the black ones is really scared of me. I may have been able to catch one or two of the others but figured they had enough trama for now. They are better together.

At least I know they are ok and have full tummies.

Thanks so much for the prayers and well wishes. Those sure helped. I think maybe Lilac helped me find them too. :love::love::love:

Ok, who wants a kitty? ;)

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh my goodness. This is a roller coaster of emotions. First I had tears of sadness, sorrow and worry. And now I have tears of joy that the kittens are alive.

RIP Lilac

And again, if I lived closer one of those babies would be mine!!

lizbud
05-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I am just now reading this.:(:(:( No no no, The momma Lilac is dead?
She probably distracted the dog, or whatever it was, long enough to
make sure the babies were safe.:( I am just crushed.:( Sorry Moff.

Catty1
05-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Brave Lilac - brave Mom who made sure her babies were safe, under your porch!

Oh yes, what a roller coaster!

Kinda of opposite Mama Winnie - she and one kitten survived. This time, the mama cat died and all her kittens are ok.

Sad...but happy news about the babies.

3Catcondo
05-17-2010, 05:21 PM
:( RIP Lilac. I'm so sorry to hear about her MOFF. I am in tears reading this post. Thank god you found the babies safe...I hope they can soon be moved inside w/ you, a rescue group or something. I lost a cat that wasn't mine but was dear to me to 2 dogs, the irresponsible owners allowed them to run free just about every weekend. I wish I lived closer. We would get those babies and give them so much love!! I will keep you and the babies in my prayers. And please give Angel, Winnie, Grandma and Chester some loving from me.

Amy

Catty1
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
If you spend time with them, and they know you are the source of FOOD, you will be able to socialize them. I am sure your vet would find them wonderful homes. Any vet that would offer to pick you up and drive you to their office with a sick kitty has their heart in the right place.:):love::love:

momcat
05-17-2010, 06:04 PM
What a relief to know the babies are safe under your porch! Somehow I thought they would be close by since Lilac brought them right to you. Given time and food, the babies will come to trust you. Maybe it would help them if you softly talk to them when you're outside.

Hey there sweet and beautiful babies, lots of us are cheering for you and praying for you. Just remember that you'll be safe under the porch so please don't wander around, okay? :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Purr-tender
05-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I have checked back all afternoon hoping for news on the babies. What a huge sigh of relief that they are safe and now have full bellies!! Lilac knew what she was doing, choosing you to watch over her little ones.

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Lilac knew what she was doing, choosing you to watch over her little ones.

So true, and now I have more tears.

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm so glad to hear that all of the babies are safe.:D Hopefully they'll know to stay where they are so they remain safe. I'll keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.

lvpets2002
05-18-2010, 09:37 AM
:love: Oh Thank Goodness they are all safe & alive.. Now if we could just poof them indoors.. Hey I would sure like the Tortie if we could get her to Texas.. :D

Anikaca77
05-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh MY Goodness, seriously if I lived closer I would take them in and foster them. But Kanasa is about 4 states away and I can't afford that in gas either. Do you think you will be able to get them inside or find a foster mom?

lizbud
05-18-2010, 10:00 AM
:love: Oh Thank Goodness they are all safe & alive.. Now if we could just poof them indoors.. Hey I would sure like the Tortie if we could get her to Texas.. :D

That's the one i kinda had my eye on too.:) I was thinking she looked
like Mama Kitty must have looked when she was a baby. I hope the Vet's
office can take in the babies, or find some one in rescue who can help
with placing them.

Randi
05-18-2010, 10:30 AM
It's so sad that Lilac died that way - I'm so sorry! :( But Moff, don't blame yourself. You did what you could.

What a relief to hear all babies are safe under your house. I hope you or the vet can find homes for them. Do you have an idea how old they are? Any chance you could put a box with blankets in for them. If so, it's probably a good idea the box faces that hole they get in and out of. When you feed them, make sure to take the bowls after they have eaten, so the food won't attract the dog - or other potentially dangerous animals. Do you give them kitten food?

Rest in Peace, Lilac, you were very brave - and loved! :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2010, 10:30 AM

I would love you to have her. I have no clue as how we could get her to you though.

They all ate a big breakfast this morning. They looked better than yesterday too. I was worried because it got down to 50 here last night. When I went out on the porch to take them their breakfast, a big dog came up. When I yelled at it to get out of there, I heard a meow chorus from under the porch so I knew they were still there.

I don't think that was the same dog that was here the other day. This was just a big dumb playfull puppy. He showed no interest in the cats. That other dog tried to dig them out from under the porch. Sorry to the ones who want to believe otherwise, but I'll never believe it wasn't a dog that killed Lilac. The way her teeth were clentched and the look on her face will haunt me forever.

Anyway, happier news, the little black kitty with the white tips on his back toes, white bib, and white spot under his bottom lip, let me hold him today. He is such a sweetheart!!! Then one of the orangies got brave and let me hold him too. Now I just need to work on the other three. :D

I have some milk for baby animals that I got when Angel was a baby. I never needed it and it's still good so I fixed some of that for them last night. They must have liked it, every drop was gone. I know it's not as good as their mommy made but it will have to do for now.

Right now they are sleeping off their breakfast under the porch.

We have a sunny day today but more rain tomorrow and Thursday. I wish I could bring them inside but there is just no place I can put them. Under the porch is better than in the shed. The shed is metal and when rain hits it it's terrifying. Just ask Angel and Winnie. At least under the porch they have room to play and romp a bit with each other.

All in all, we are holding our own right now. Thanks for the prayers and luves. :love::love:

Randi
05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Moff, when we built houses for the cats in our yard, we started out with boxes like this - one on top of another, taped together and covered with thich plastic. It's the boxes vegetables come in here and we can get them for free. We cut a hole in one end for the entrance (long side) and put tape over the smaller holes. With a couple of blankets or towels inside, they are very warm. Fister's mom moved in right away - with Fister and his sister. :)

If you do get some, make sure they face away from the wind AND dogs! :eek:

smokey the elder
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm so sorry about Lilac. The kittens are weaned, though, so you can feed them. I'm glad they have shelter under the porch, and are starting to be more socialized. Is there a rescue group near you who can arrange for their testing, first shots, and take them to adoption events?

lvpets2002
05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
:love: Sounds all good.. Keep the milk & food coming so the babies can get strong & grow.. **Hey can you PM me of where in Kansas you are at?? I can see how far we are apart..**
I would love you to have her. I have no clue as how we could get her to you though.

They all ate a big breakfast this morning. They looked better than yesterday too. I was worried because it got down to 50 here last night. When I went out on the porch to take them their breakfast, a big dog came up. When I yelled at it to get out of there, I heard a meow chorus from under the porch so I knew they were still there.

I don't think that was the same dog that was here the other day. This was just a big dumb playfull puppy. He showed no interest in the cats. That other dog tried to dig them out from under the porch. Sorry to the ones who want to believe otherwise, but I'll never believe it wasn't a dog that killed Lilac. The way her teeth were clentched and the look on her face will haunt me forever.

Anyway, happier news, the little black kitty with the white tips on his back toes, white bib, and white spot under his bottom lip, let me hold him today. He is such a sweetheart!!! Then one of the orangies got brave and let me hold him too. Now I just need to work on the other three. :D

I have some milk for baby animals that I got when Angel was a baby. I never needed it and it's still good so I fixed some of that for them last night. They must have liked it, every drop was gone. I know it's not as good as their mommy made but it will have to do for now.

Right now they are sleeping off their breakfast under the porch.

We have a sunny day today but more rain tomorrow and Thursday. I wish I could bring them inside but there is just no place I can put them. Under the porch is better than in the shed. The shed is metal and when rain hits it it's terrifying. Just ask Angel and Winnie. At least under the porch they have room to play and romp a bit with each other.

All in all, we are holding our own right now. Thanks for the prayers and luves. :love::love:

Husky_mom
05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh YAY!!!...

roller coaster.. you bet!.. phew.. and I would so too take one of em.. so darn cute!!

I never said it wasnīt a dog.. maybe just not the one who left footprints.. or maybe he was...who knows.. as I said.. Iīm not defensive to either side.. as sadly I know both.. but I just didnīt want cat people hating all dogs.. sorry

now letīs hope these cuties stay put.. and by the looks of it.. you already made progress with them.. they are seeing you as momma.. the one that brings food.. just with a weird walk and no fur.. lol

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm so glad that at least 2 of them let you hold them.:) I'm sure the others will come around soon. For now they're probably safe where they are but as they get bigger they will want to be out more to explore so I hope that you'll be able to find some one to help you with them. Are there any other PT'ers in Kansas? I'd also call your vets office to see if they could help or know of any one who can. Good luck.:)

cassiesmom
05-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Continued prayers for these adorable wee ones. Wish I were closer, MoFF!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I took these a little bit ago during their milk break. I called the vet to see if they knew of anyone who can foster them. They said no but will check around.

The tortie was playing with a leaf with me. I got to pet her. Then when she knew I was petting her, she hissed at me. Just like her momma! :D
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7056.jpg

Can you find the kitty? ;)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7054.jpg

Yummy milk. See the little shy black one peeking through the crack? He did get some milk too.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7051.jpg

The kits like to lay and play on that ridge. One of the black ones is squeezing out of the crack.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7048.jpg

My little pal. I wasn't squeezing him the sun was in his eyes. See his tiny white stripe under his bottom lip?:D
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7058.jpg

Purr-tender
05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh, bless their little hearts!! How precious! Sure wish I could help you, if I was closer I definitely would. Just can't get Lilac off my mind. I think it's ironic that she brought the babies to you just in time, so that you knew to even look for them.

GILL
05-18-2010, 03:31 PM
SOOOOOOOOO cute, I wish I was closer.

Husky_mom
05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
they are all so cute!!!.. I so wanna hold them... awww.. and iīd love to see a few go to PT homes ;)

itīll be great to see them grow

Prairie Purrs
05-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Such darlings! Little miss tortie is gorgeous.

lvpets2002
05-18-2010, 04:47 PM
:love: Thunk thump = wsss thats just me falling to the floor.. This wittle baby girl is to come to Texas some how.. I reserve a name for her.. Hey there Miss Carmela how would you like to come to TX?? You & your wittle ones are so special & such cutie pies..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/pttortiebaby.jpg

Pinot's Mom
05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
WOW did I miss a thread almost entirely!

I am so sorry about Lilac, but it does seem she brought her babies to you.:love:

They are adorable! I'm sure they'll be able to find good homes, and you're well on the way to socializing them enough to get there. Thank you for your efforts with these babies!:love:

RedHedd
05-18-2010, 05:05 PM
OMG! That little tortie girl is tugging at my heart!

I'm so sorry about Lilac, but am glad the babies are (somewhat) safe right now.

slick
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Dear Lord, I've come back here a couple of times today to look at these sweet Angels. MOFF, I don't know what to say. I'm thinking that Lilac knew how well you looked after Angel and Winnie, perhaps she wanted the same love to be given to her babies.

I know you can't take them in and we understand why. I sure hope you find someone to take them on. I worry about when they get to be older and more curious and venture off on their own. I wouldn't want to hear of any of them running into that dog again.

Big hugs MOFF for all you do.
slick :love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks for posting some more pictures of them. They're all so adorable.:) I'm glad that Helene will adopting the tortie girl and getting it to her some how. Hopefully the others will be able to find wonderful forever homes too. I'll continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.

MOFF, don't you need another orangie in your life?;)

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 07:14 AM
I have a question.

What if we got all the babies to go to Texas and we all chipped in so they could stay with lvpets2002 until they found a wonderful home??

I would be willing to chip in once my ebay stuff sells.

What does everyone think???

Melissa

slick
05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
I have a question.

What if we got all the babies to go to Texas and we all chipped in so they could stay with lvpets2002 until they found a wonderful home??

Melissa

I'm in for that. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Now what would lvpets2002 think of that? :D They would have a better chance of finding a good home or even a shelter in Texas that's for sure.

I really would love to keep the back one with white toes and maybe one orangie. Those two have become my buds. :D But how can I say no to the other three? (or two if lvpets2002 can take the tortie)

I got to pet all of them now except the shy black one. He is doing better though and not running and hiding when he sees me.

I've even held all but the shy black one.

Somehow, I can see my bathroom stuffed with kitties and have nightmares about 9 kitties in the house. :D

We are having thunderstorms today through Friday. All the babies had a good breakfast though and are snug under the porch. Pray for me that I don't get pneumonia sitting in the rain while they eat. I can put their food under a bush that's right beside their hidy hole.That helps keep them and the food dry. But I want to make sure they all get something to eat. The shy black one tends to get shoved out if I don't make the others leave something for him.

HELP!!! I'm drowning in kitties. :love:

dehlers43
05-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Count me in....

I have a question.

Melissa

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 10:26 AM
SWEET :)

So now all we have to do is get lvpets2002 on board!! :)

Sure you keep the 2 and then lvpets2002 can take 3 :)

Now I just hope this works out!

Pinot's Mom
05-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I have a question.

Melissa

You know I'm in! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2010, 11:22 AM
I have a question.

Melissa

This sounds like an excellent plan.:D Hopefully MOFF will be able to keep a couple of the kittens too.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Getting the babies to Texas is a major problem even if lvpets2002 is willing.
Plus they have had no shots or any health care at all. I hate to saddle anyone with that. That is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to take any. It's a big responsibility. Still, the alternative is unthinkable. :love:

I just came if from taking them some milk. A couple of them ran out and took a few laps then ran back in their hole. They were nice and dry when they came out anyway, even though it has been pouring all morning. That's a good thing. I'm wetter than they are.

katladyd
05-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Oh, I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to take one of the orangies! I hope they all get good homes, they are so precious!!:love:

Grace
05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I will gladly help with the $$$ part.

catmandu
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
If that mean Dog comes back I would call your Animal Control as he could just as easily bite a child as kill poor Lilac,:mad:
Thats just plain irresponsible to let a dangerous Dog like that loose, and I know that Dog is only following his nature but he shoulnt be loose like that.:mad:
Is there a way you can round these poor Kittens in so they are out of danger and out of the elements or put up a dog proof barricade?
I would worry about that Dog coming back all the time.
Its a long shot but if you call Iams , or Science Diet and ask for Kitten Food Coupons they might help.
I bet if you sent this thread to them, they would contribute something.
The Awesome Momma Angels Army is there , and are trying to teach those Little Cats of the Future to be careful and to listen to you carefully as you have their best interests at heart.:love::love::love:
God Bless You for caring.:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Believe me, Gary, I am having nightmares about that dog too. or any dog or other animal hurting the babies for that matter.

I am just at a loss. The only place inside they could possible be is in the bathroom which is really dinky. No place for growing kitties. If they came inside, I wouldn't have the heart to put them back outside EVER. I would risk exposing my cats to anything the babies may have since they have not been checked out by a vet. Even just playing with each other under the bathroom door would expose them.

If I leave them outside, I will worry my self sick over them. I hate to leave them even for a second for fear something will happen to them. I need to go get them some more food sometime this week. I'm dreading leaving even for that long.

I just can't afford to keep them all or physically care for them all plus my 4.
WHAAAAA!!! What do I do? :(

Catty1
05-19-2010, 05:56 PM
MOFF, please call your vet's office and ask them what to do. They sounded like really good people! Just ask their advice!

HUGS!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
MOFF, please call your vet's office and ask them what to do. They sounded like really good people! Just ask their advice!

HUGS!

I did call them. They have no answer. They don't know of any foster people or anyone who would want them.

On a happier note, I just got to hold the shy black kit for the first time. He hissed a tiny bit at first then laid in my hand and looked at me with his big blue eyes taking it all in. He let me rub his tiny (full) tummy gently. Hopefully now he won't be so frightened of me.

They were all nice and dry when they came out so at least I know they are not getting rained on and they should be protected from the wind. They are in bed for the night now. It's almost dark already because of the rains.

The tortie even crawled on my lap. I had a fun cuddle session. I guess what I want for them is to be loved and adored and spoiled like the cats on this site. :D :love:

Catty1
05-19-2010, 10:20 PM
MOFF, I don't know exactly where in Kansas you are - but maybe a no-kill shelter on these lists will help you and the babies out. :love:

http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Kansas

Details of Animal Haven, which is in the above link: http://www.animalhavenkc.org/

http://www.thepetconnection.net/

Even if they aren't close to you, someone there may 'know' someone close to you.

HUGS! Glad the little ones are safe so far. I am sure they love being held, and even the shy ones will warm up, as they've missed a good cuddle!:):love:

Catty1
05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
And hey, if Helene can take one or five or however many, I can definitely chip in a few $. :):love:

momcat
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
The tortie even crawled on my lap. I had a fun cuddle session. I guess what I want for them is to be loved and adored and spoiled like the cats on this site. :D :love:

This is progress, MoFF. The tortie baby crawling up on your lap for lovies must have been a very special joy for you, what a treat! I feel very confident in saying all of our PT friends, like you, want these precious little ones to be loved, adored, and enjoy the pampered life of our "spoiled" PT kitties. These babies deserve nothing less!

Anikaca77
05-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Ok...well if getting them to Texas is a problem...is there anyone closer or someone from Illinos that could meet you and then we could have another person in Indiana meet the person in Illinos and then the person from Indiana could meet someone in Ohio and then I could drive to Ohio to meet the person from Ohio and then John....would you like some kittens??

I wish we could just put them on a plane and send them to Texas.
Melissa

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 11:31 AM
:) I am here now.. I have been busy at work.. Well now that you mention it I am getting in contact with Pilots-n-Paws to possible Fly-In.. I can drive in; but the drive is atleast 8 hrs in one way.. I am looking into a second legg for the transport.. Gosh I wish John was closer to me & I know he would help me with the second legg in.. Eight Hours one way is a long way & then would have to spend the night & head back the next day.. Lets me do some more thinking & contacts of this.. Come on MOFF you know you want all of them babies.. Hey the door is not closed yet.. ;) Yes I do Appreciate all of your offers to pitch money wishss.. I am ok in that range.. Again Many Thanks for the Offers..
Ok...well if getting them to Texas is a problem...is there anyone closer or someone from Illinos that could meet you and then we could have another person in Indiana meet the person in Illinos and then the person from Indiana could meet someone in Ohio and then I could drive to Ohio to meet the person from Ohio and then John....would you like some kittens??

I wish we could just put them on a plane and send them to Texas.
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I wish I wasn't so far away or I'd be glad to help with transport. I hope that a wonderful plan will come together so all of these precious babies will be safe and they'll all eventually be in the loving caring forever homes that they deserve.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
We do have a small airport here but the bus doesn't go out there, usually. I could try begging!!! Maybe our animal control officer could be bribed to getting them that far. I wouldn't count on him though.

One of our drivers has family in texas. They are going there the 5th of June. I asked if they would take the kits with them. They said NO NO WAY. sigh
So much for people who once told me they would do anything for me. :(

When I went out to feed the kits this morning, the tortie came running around the corner of the porch to meet me followed by one of the orangies. They wanted breakie NOW!!! The little white toed black one was right behind them. I was surprised because he is usually the ring leader. The other two popped out of their hidey hole when I put their food down.

I snuck out to walmart while they were sleeping off their breakie. When I got home, they wanted to play!!! So, I sat outside with them for quite a while. More rain this afternoon then sunshine for several days. They will be hard to keep an eye on. They will want to play play play. :love:

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
:( Crap your kiding me?? That would work perfect.. I would & could meet these people any where in Texas.. Could you like begg them & reasure that I would be there to meet them.. I mean they are already coming this way.. Did you know where in TX they are coming??

One of our drivers has family in texas. They are going there the 5th of June. I asked if they would take the kits with them. They said NO NO WAY. sigh
So much for people who once told me they would do anything for me. :(

I snuck out to walmart while they were sleeping off their breakie. When I got home, they wanted to play!!! So, I sat outside with them for quite a while. More rain this afternoon then sunshine for several days. They will be hard to keep an eye on. They will want to play play play. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
:( Crap your kiding me?? That would work perfect.. I would & could meet these people any where in Texas.. Could you like begg them & reasure that I would be there to meet them.. I mean they are already coming this way.. Did you know where in TX they are coming??

They were going to Dallas to meet up with their kids then on to somewhere I can't remember.

I did beg and offered money. They just won't do it. :(

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
:o Crap Crap = Do you know Dallas is just 1 1/2 Hours from me.. My gosh they would be right in my door nearly.. How cold are these people.. I mean they are coming anyway.. The babies would be no problem.. Maybe they have doughts that someone would meet them.. Can you tell them I am so near Dallas.. Can you tell them I am begging..
They were going to Dallas to meet up with their kids then on to somewhere I can't remember.

I did beg and offered money. They just won't do it. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I told them you would be sure and meet them. They just don't want to do it. I can't risk making them upset with me. They could make my life riding the bus a lot harder. (which is my only way of getting around town) The husband is the only one who will help with my groceries and stuff. :love:

Wasn't there a guy who was a PT member who lives in SE Kansas who did animal rescues? I can't remember his name. Seems like he wasn't all that far from here.

Husky_mom
05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
so close.. yet far still.. awww

Pinot's Mom
05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Saw this list on line; maybe one of them could give advice on a possible transfer??

http://www.pgaa.com/kansas.html

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm afraid they may stray off and get lost. When I went out to check on them at noon, one of the orangies was out by their hidey hole. There was a big gray cat sitting there nose to nose to him. The cat wasn't mean, just curious. It's one I have fed a few times. They could easily follow him or any other cat off. Lots of cats pass through the neighborhood.

I saw one last night that looked so much like Angel, I had to check and make sure Angel was still here inside.

The kits all came out for 'fun' and will not go back in their safe place. They are so tired they are falling asleep under the bushes. I was out with them for almost 3 hours trying to get them back in there. I finally gave up. I havn't had anything to eat today so just had to run in for a sec. :love:

Anikaca77
05-20-2010, 03:08 PM
What if we sent you money "momoffuzzyfaces" until you are able to get them to Texas that way you will feel better about them getting some vet care and stuff??

I just hate to see anything happen to them, it's already just so sad that they lost their mom. If I didn't have a job and I had a lot of money I would drive to Kansas myself and give them all the care they need but sadly I don't and all I can offer is a donation for you to get some supplies and such.

Melissa

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 03:24 PM
:) Ok HELP Is there any PT Member that is Located in Wichita, KS or Tulsa, OK or Oklahoma City, OK that could help us with transport.. Any of these locations would be within 5 hrs from me & would help me with getting these babies from MOFF..

Anikaca77
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
:) Ok HELP Is there any PT Member that is Located in Wichita, KS or Tulsa, OK or Oklahoma City, OK that could help us with transport.. Any of these locations would be within 5 hrs from me & would help me with getting these babies from MOFF..

Maybe start a new thread with that being the Topic of the Thread so that way more people will see this is what we are looking for??

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe start a new thread with that being the Topic of the Thread so that way more people will see this is what we are looking for??

I just copied lvpets2002 last post and placed it under cat rescue. Should we cross post it here too under the new heading? :love:

Oh, please, don't send me money. We need to get them safe before we worry about the vet. :love:

Anikaca77
05-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I just copied lvpets2002 last post and placed it under cat rescue. Should we cross post it here too under the new heading? :love:

Oh, please, don't send me money. We need to get them safe before we worry about the vet. :love:

I would think a crosspost would help since most people check the general and I tend too as well but I do check the rescue side from time to time! :):D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok I copied the post under cat general. or did you mean the general general section? I am so confused! :love:

lvpets2002
05-20-2010, 04:22 PM
:) You did good.. I think Cat Rescue & Cat General will be all ok.. Many Thanks.. Hey we will make this work somehow.. Keep the babies full & safe.. Many Thanks for caring for them all this time..
Ok I copied the post under cat general. or did you mean the general general section? I am so confused! :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2010, 04:40 PM
It's the keeping them safe part that terrifies me! They will do what they want. They are stubborn little souls. I wish I could keep them under 24/7 surveillance! :love: I just looked out and there was the black and white one strolling around on the back porch and the tortie is with him. Mercy!

By the way, I do have a cat carrier I can send them in.

And the idiot of the month award goes to ME for standing in the pouring rain for 20 minutes trying to get the kits back under the porch. Putting tooth paste back in a tube would be easier. I finally stuffed them all in. They were there when I left but will they stay there all night? Only the shadow knows. What I need is a big ole monkey cage to keep them in.

Now I'm off to join a wet tee shirt contest and eat something besides cold chili.

krazyaboutkatz
05-20-2010, 11:43 PM
MOFF, even though you said that the shed isn't ideal when it rains because of the noise that it makes,for the time being I think that this would be the safest place for them since they're all wanting to run,play,and explore things. You'd hate for them to run off and get lost. I sure hope that they'll all stay safe.

Here's also a link to Pro-Pet-Transports:http://www.pro-pet-transports.com/index.php in case you can't find some one to help transport these cutie pies.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
MOFF, even though you said that the shed isn't ideal when it rains because of the noise that it makes,for the time being I think that this would be the safest place for them since they're all wanting to run,play,and explore things. You'd hate for them to run off and get lost. I sure hope that they'll all stay safe.

Here's also a link to Pro-Pet-Transports:http://www.pro-pet-transports.com/index.php in case you can't find some one to help transport these cutie pies.:)

Funny you should mention the shed. I spent the morning cleaning it out getting ready to put a big plastic box and blankie in it. :D
It has no windows, just air vents so it's pretty dark even in the day time. I can't keep them in it in the afternoons when it gets really hot either. But for night time and times I need to be gone, it would be the best. Then I wouldn't worry myself sick about them when I can't be here. (and I could sleep)

They are under the porch right now. Lots of people mowing so they are hiding out.

I checked out the transport link. The cats would all need a bill of health from a vet before they would even consider transporting them. :love:

cassiesmom
05-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Continued prayers for these sweeties, and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10846361

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Another thought I came up with:

What if Helene,lvpets2002,could fly to Kansas and then rent a car and drive to MOFF's and then she could drive home with the babies. I'd be more than willing to donate for her expenses.:) This way the driving wouldn't be as much for her. I understand if she can't though.

lvpets2002
05-21-2010, 12:26 PM
:) Well thats a good thought.. Ok MOFF do you have rent a car place there?? Or I could fly into Wichita KS & rent a car there & ect.. Please understand I am just trying to cut the driving time down..
Another thought I came up with:

What if Helene,lvpets2002,could fly to Kansas and then rent a car and drive to MOFF's and then she could drive home with the babies. I'd be more than willing to donate for her expenses.:) This way the driving wouldn't be as much for her. I understand if she can't though.

slick
05-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I am more than willing to donate to the travel expenses and the vet care.........:):love: We've just got to get these precious little ones to Texas....

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure we have a rent a car place here. Our airport only handles small private type planes though. Plus there is no way to get from the airport to town if you don't have a car. I can check with our biggest car place and see if they do rent though.

KC is 90miles to our north. Is that closer than wichita? I know you can rent cars there. :love:

dehlers43
05-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Just let me know where to send my donation...:D
PayPal would be easiest but I can also just send a check.

katladyd
05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
I can afford to send a $20 check, if that helps. Those precious little souls have to be safe!:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Check with lvpets2002 and send any donations to her, please. :love:

lvpets2002
05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
:) Yes KC MO is closer to you from the Airport to drive in.. However its further for my drive home.. Now what I am checking into is a flight into Tulsa Ok & then a Puddle Jumper (commuter a/c) into Joplin MO & get a car there that I can drive to you & then on home.. So MOFF can you check & see what Airlines goes into the Airport to Joplin MO.. Joplin is only 1 Hr from you.. And then I could see of getting a rent a car there & driving it back to TX.. Let me know please.. Many Many Thanks for EveryOnes Concern & Noted Wanting to $$ Support.. All Paws Crossed Now..
I'm not sure we have a rent a car place here. Our airport only handles small private type planes though. Plus there is no way to get from the airport to town if you don't have a car. I can check with our biggest car place and see if they do rent though.

KC is 90miles to our north. Is that closer than wichita? I know you can rent cars there. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2010, 04:30 PM
:) Yes KC MO is closer to you from the Airport to drive in.. However its further for my drive home.. Now what I am checking into is a flight into Tulsa Ok & then a Puddle Jumper (commuter a/c) into Joplin MO & get a car there that I can drive to you & then on home.. So MOFF can you check & see what Airlines goes into the Airport to Joplin MO.. Joplin is only 1 Hr from you.. And then I could see of getting a rent a car there & driving it back to TX.. Let me know please.. Many Many Thanks for EveryOnes Concern & Noted Wanting to $$ Support.. All Paws Crossed Now..

Um, any hint as to how I go about that? I've never had to do anything like this. :o

slick
05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
American Airlines goes into Joplin............

shhh, supposed to be working....:o

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I called Pittsburg, Ks airport. It's only 30 min from me but they only take private planes. He said the only airline going into Joplin goes to Kansas City first, then into Joplin. He couldn't remember the name.

Maybe American Airlines like Slick said? I'll check some more.

I just went to the Joplin Reginal Airport website : www.jlnairport.com
They show United but there is no list. I tried calling the airport but couldn't get them to pick up. The phone # is 417/623/0262

I'll try again later.

lvpets2002
05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
:p Slick is doing what at what?? Sssshh no we wont tell no-one.. Hey Yes I just checked KC Mo & its not much one way & then get a car from there to drive downward into MOFF place.. No need going into Joplin then I would just have to drive back up one hour.. Ummppss.. I mean if I have to go to KC Mo anyways.. OK MOFF check into some more on your end & I will on my end.. Now to see if the rent a car places will let me drive a car back to TX.. They should.. There is a Enterprise not far from me that I could do the drop off.. Hey I am fixing to close now from Work.. Did I Say Work.. :p Hey All Paws Crossed & some New Baby Pics Please ..
I called Pittsburg, Ks airport. It's only 30 min from me but they only take private planes. He said the only airline going into Joplin goes to Kansas City first, then into Joplin. He couldn't remember the name.

Maybe American Airlines like Slick said? I'll check some more.

Pinot's Mom
05-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I feel so helpless....please let me know if I can contribute $$ at least!

lizbud
05-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I'm now up to date. (had a little
health scare, but am now ok) Am completely ok with sending $$ to help
with the vet checkup and/or transportation of the babies.:) lvpets2002
, please pm me an address where I can send the $$.

Keeping them in the shed for naps & overnight stays sounds like a very
good idea.:) They are getting to where they have no fear at all, and
that's a bad idea for babies who have access to the wide open spaces.:eek:

(((Hugs))) Moff, (((Hugs))) lvpets2002 :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2010, 06:34 PM
:p Slick is doing what at what?? Sssshh no we wont tell no-one.. Hey Yes I just checked KC Mo & its not much one way & then get a car from there to drive downward into MOFF place.. No need going into Joplin then I would just have to drive back up one hour.. Ummppss.. I mean if I have to go to KC Mo anyways.. OK MOFF check into some more on your end & I will on my end.. Now to see if the rent a car places will let me drive a car back to TX.. They should.. There is a Enterprise not far from me that I could do the drop off.. Hey I am fixing to close now from Work.. Did I Say Work.. :p Hey All Paws Crossed & some New Baby Pics Please ..

It might be best to check with the Enterprise co near you and see if they can contact whatever airline you would use and reserve a car. They can tell you if you can bring it to them from KC or not. :love:

I now have 5 grumpy babies!!! I finally wrangled them all and got them in the shed. The shy black one was the last hold out. I had to bribe him with a can of tuna to come close enough so I could get him. I may not be able to get him again.

I sat in there with them for a while. It wasn't as dark as I was afraid it would be. It looked like twilight. Still after they ate, they went and piled in their new bed and ignored me. No happy jumping on my pant legs. No happy gosh we're glad to see you looks. I am such a mean kitty care keeper. :(

I hope this doesn't encourage them to run off tomorrow when they are finally loose. The only alternative is to stuff them under the porch and put a couple of bricks over their hole until I can be with them. :(

Yea, Liz speaking of no fear; my yard got mowed this afternoon. I was expecting them to all be under the house. What did I see right after my yard guy left? All 5 of them sitting on that ledge by the porch hole entrance.:rolleyes:

lizbud
05-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I'll bet the tuna (or whatever) still smells as good to them tomorrow.:D
At least you will be able to get a decent nights sleep if you know that they
are safely tucked away.:)

Scooter's Mom
05-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Won't tell hubby, but I can put in $20.00. I wish it would be more... can y'all PM me and tell me where to send it?

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2010, 10:37 PM
I sure hope that this new plan will work out and that MOFF can keep the babies safe in the meantime.:) I'll also make a donation to Helene and she can use it towards the kittens or travel expenses. I'm sure that you'll be able to return the rental car to whatever company you end up renting from in Texas without any problems but I'd call to find out more details just in case.:)

So Helene, when do you think you'll be planning your trip to Kansas?

freckledimple
05-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Those babies are soooo darlin':love::D:love: I wish we could help monitarily:( We're moving, saving up for kitty spays, and tests for Phoebe. We will send prayers for all of you angels helping out those sweet little furry angels:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2010, 10:18 AM
So Helene, when do you think you'll be planning your trip to Kansas?

Well, we do need to get them on the road as soon as possible but there is a holiday weekend next week. That may slow things down some.

They did fine in the shed last night but the temps are going to be in the 90s here today. That's at least 180 in there this afternoon with the sun beating down on it.

Kits can't stay in there in the afternoons for sure. Can't let them free again, I'd never catch them. So, I cleaned the bathroom. They will just have to spend afternoons in there. It's not big but they can at least be in out of the heat. Hopefull, I can lock my big kids out of the kitchen so they can't even play pawsies under the bathroom door with the kits. If not, well, the big kids have all had their shots.

I'll try and get baby pics this afternoon. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2010, 11:39 AM
They are all settled in and having a grand time in the bathroom. I was going to take the carrier out but they are having so much fun I left it. I want them to learn to not be afraid of it. Posting thumbnail pics this time because I couldn't decide which pics to use. Enjoy!: :love:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7066.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7066.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7067-1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7067-1.jpg)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7065.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7065.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7064.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7064.jpg)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7063.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7063.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7062.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7062.jpg)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7061.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7061.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7060.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7060.jpg)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7067.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7067.jpg)

columbine
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I've been reluctant to say anything because I'm not in a position to chip in, but these little sweethearts are just too wonderful, and I wanted to thank everyone who's helping get them into safe homes! :love:

Love, Columbine

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I've been reluctant to say anything because I'm not in a position to chip in, but these little sweethearts are just too wonderful, and I wanted to thank everyone who's helping get them into safe homes! :love:

Love, Columbine

It doesn't matter if anyone can chip in or not. Just loving these little ones and supporting us with prayers and positive thoughts helps bunches. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-22-2010, 02:05 PM
MOFF, I'm so glad that you're able to allow them in your bathroom during the day.:) They're so adorable and I'd hate for something bad to happen to them. So do you know if you'll be able to adopt a few of them yet?;)

I hope that your other cats won't be too upset with you about letting these furry babies into their home.;) I'll continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that when Helene is able to come and get them that everything goes smoothly.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
MOFF, I'm so glad that you're able to allow them in your bathroom during the day.:) They're so adorable and I'd hate for something bad to happen to them. So do you know if you'll be able to adopt a few of them yet?;)

I hope that your other cats won't be too upset with you about letting these furry babies into their home.;) I'll continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that when Helene is able to come and get them that everything goes smoothly.

Right now, my big babies are locked out of the kitchen. That leaves a room between the kits and them so I'm not sure they know they are in the house. Probably do. Not much gets by them. But they can't play pawsies with them under doors or hiss at them or anything. :)

Just talked to my landlord (bro) and he said if I need the rent money for kitty shots next mo, that's ok. He has 7 cats of his own. So, yes, I'll probably keep two if Helene can take the other 3. :D

Wonder what supplies with the kits need for a 7 and half hour car ride? I've got one carrier. It has a clip on tray for food and water but what if they need a bathroom? :confused::love:

Prairie Purrs
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Put a puppy pee pad in the carrier. Maybe also a small plastic container of litter, if the carrier is big enough. You could use double-sided tape on the bottom of the container to keep it from sliding around in the carrier.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Put a puppy pee pad in the carrier. Maybe also a small plastic container of litter, if the carrier is big enough. You could use double-sided tape on the bottom of the container to keep it from sliding around in the carrier.

The carrier is a small one. A one cat size but 3 babies fit in it well. It wouldn't have room for a puppy pee pad if I even had one.

I just about had a heart attack. I had left the shed doors open to air it out. There were two big dogs inside it!!! I chased them off and shut the door. Now I'm scared to even put the kits out there. :(

Pinot's Mom
05-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Where are these dogs coming from??

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Where are these dogs coming from??

I have no clue. Some people here are too lazy to walk them and just let them run. One had a collar so I know it had a home. I couldn't see a tag though. That doesn't suprise me. They wouldn't want anyone to know who they are and call the police. :(

My bro said I should just keep the kits in the house. If the bathroom was bigger I would. There is just no room for them to run and play in there though. :( I may have to do it as a last resort.

lizbud
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the pictures of the babies. They are all adorable.:D
Whatever you decide to keep them will be ok. You seem to be making
all the right choices from where I sit.:) LOL. I'd give anything to be your
next door neighbor right now, we could take turns playing with them.:D

ps. Thank your brother for being such a good guy about helping the kits.:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-22-2010, 07:41 PM
MOFF, unless there's a way for you to lock up the shed while the kittens are in there then I'd just try to keep them inside your home. Hopefully Helene will be able to get to you soon. Could you maybe block off part of your kitchen so that they could just play in a certain area of it and then they'd still be away from your other cats?

As for the car ride home, maybe using another carrier for a litter box or puppy pee pads would work and then the other carrier would just be for the kittens with food and water. I'm sure that Helene may have some great ideas too.:)

Please tell your brother that he's a wonderful man and I'm glad that you'll be able to adopt at least two of the kittens.:) Now Angel will have some younger siblings to get in trouble with.;)

cassiesmom
05-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Continued prayers for the baby kitties,
elyse

phesina
05-23-2010, 10:15 AM
More prayers and loving wishes to you and these wonderful babies are coming from us. God bless you, MoFF, for all you have done and are doing for so many of these little lost ones.

A candle from us, too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10857756

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2010, 12:33 PM
MOFF, unless there's a way for you to lock up the shed while the kittens are in there then I'd just try to keep them inside your home. Hopefully Helene will be able to get to you soon. Could you maybe block off part of your kitchen so that they could just play in a certain area of it and then they'd still be away from your other cats?

As for the car ride home, maybe using another carrier for a litter box or puppy pee pads would work and then the other carrier would just be for the kittens with food and water. I'm sure that Helene may have some great ideas too.:)

Please tell your brother that he's a wonderful man and I'm glad that you'll be able to adopt at least two of the kittens.:) Now Angel will have some younger siblings to get in trouble with.;)

I do padlock the door on the shed at night. It's always locked. I don't have much in there but no one needs free access to it anyway. I just hate to keep the kits in the bathroom 24/7 because they don't have room to run and play. One of the orangies was having a grand time this morning and didn't want to let me catch him and bring him inside. He was chasing a bug then playing with legs on an old chair and on and on. I finally snuck up on him when he was distracted by a packing peanut I missed sweeping up. :D

I can't block the kitchen off. Winnie and Angel stay in there at night and can get around any thing I can think of. They already know the kits are here. They got into the kitchen last night and spied kit toesies under the bathroom door. Lots of hissing went on from them, not the babies. Even Chester hissed at me all night. The only one not upset was Grandma. She just looked at me like, here we go again. She is in the kitchen now in fact. She is sleeping on an old blanket Winnie and Angel sleep on at night. She knows the kits and in the next room and is not impressed. :D

My bro is a great guy. He has 7 cats of his own. 8 if he catches a little blackie he has been feeding outside. He feeds strays too. He found a tiny abandoned newborn just the other day. It even still had the cord and was wet from being born. He waited a bit and when the mom never came back, he took it to the vet to see how to take care of it. When he found out it would require feeding every 2 to 4 hours for a while, he gave it to them because he couldn't give it the care it needed. His vets have an adoption/foster program. One of the vets took it home. He went back in the other day and found out the baby was a girl and she is doing great. :D :love:

Randi
05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Ohh Moff, you really have your hands full now! You're doing a great job! Somehow, it's all going to work out. You know how demanding kitties are, they'll go to extremes to wrap you round their little paws, but try to get your sleep! :)

Kisses to them all when you catch them! :D

cassiesmom
05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Winnie and Angel, stop that hissing, you two :eek:! They're tiny baby kitties, lovingly rescued just as your meowmie rescued you almost a year ago. Meowmie has more than enough love for ALL of you. And Chester, sweet boy, take a deep breath, okay? Kisses for EVERYBODY!

krazyaboutkatz
05-23-2010, 05:15 PM
MOFF, you're doing an excellent job.:) I some how knew that your other cats would find out about the babies. Even if they didn't see their little pawsies from under the bathroom door, they'd probably smell them.;) Your brother sure sounds like a wondeful cat loving man. Maybe you could talk him into joining PT. I'd love to see his cats and hear about them. I'll continue to keep the kittens in my thoughts and prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
MOFF, you're doing an excellent job.:) I some how knew that your other cats would find out about the babies. Even if they didn't see their little pawsies from under the bathroom door, they'd probably smell them.;) Your brother sure sounds like a wondeful cat loving man. Maybe you could talk him into joining PT. I'd love to see his cats and hear about them. I'll continue to keep the kittens in my thoughts and prayers.

I've tried for a long time to get him to join PT. He's so busy, he's not on the computer much.

One thing I can't get used to is the audience I have when I use the bathroom now. Everyone of them stop to watch. lvpets tortie even crawled up my pants leg to sit on my lap for a better view! :eek:
Even the shy black one did that too. I feel like the 8th wonder of the world sitting there. :D

I'm not taking a shower until they are tucked into the shed at night. There are some things innocent kitty eyes don't need to see. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-23-2010, 05:33 PM
One thing I can't get used to is the audience I have when I use the bathroom now. Everyone of them stop to watch. lvpets tortie even crawled up my pants leg to sit on my lap for a better view! :eek:
Even the shy black one did that too. I feel like the 8th wonder of the world sitting there. :D

I'm not taking a shower until they are tucked into the shed at night. There are some things innocent kitty eyes don't need to see. :love:

LOL:D You're their entertainment. I'm glad to hear that even the shy black kitten is starting to come out of his/her shell.:) So besides the tortie being a female are you able to tell what the others are yet? I'd guess that most likely both orangies are males but you never know. It would be nice for Chester to have at least one more male in the house.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I just went out to bring them inside for the day and couldn't find the tortie anywhere. It is dimmly lit in there. So, I grabbed the other four and stuffed them in their case. I was heading to the house to get a flashlight when I a saw a tiny tortie paw waving at me from the inside of the carrier. The little stinker had already packed herself!!! :D

That one is going to be a real handful. :D :love:

lizbud
05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
I just went out to bring them inside for the day and couldn't find the tortie anywhere. It is dimmly lit in there. So, I grabbed the other four and stuffed them in their case. I was heading to the house to get a flashlight when I a saw a tiny tortie paw waving at me from the inside of the carrier. The little stinker had already packed herself!!! :D

She learns quick, doesn't she.:D:D

Husky_mom
05-24-2010, 11:10 AM
isnīt she a keeper.. what a lovely girl.. hope everything works well and we get to see her grow ;)

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2010, 11:18 AM

This is too funny.:) Maybe the rest of the kittens will follow her lead so they'll all learn to jump into the cat carrier by themselves.;)

phesina
05-24-2010, 01:51 PM

Oh, my! Another little Miss Angel in the works, is she?

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh, my! Another little Miss Angel in the works, is she?

Gosh, I hope not! I am having nightmares about Angel teaching them all the "flying zoomies" now! ;):love:

luvpets probably is wondering what in the world she may be getting into. Anyone heard from her lately? She may be hiding. (just kidding);):love:

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I really did LOL when I read about the little tortie. Hee hee, too funny!

I can't wait to see this wonderful story play out. I just wish I was closer so I could help out too.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I really did LOL when I read about the little tortie. Hee hee, too funny!

I can't wait to see this wonderful story play out. I just wish I was closer so I could help out too.

If you lived closer, I'd be giving you one or two to raise! ;)

Gosh, the longer I have them the crazier I am about them. It will already be so hard to let any of them go. I know I have to though. whaaaa

RedHedd
05-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Tortietude shows up awfully early, doesn't it? :D Ms. Marbles LOVES watching when I shower .... of course, she loves ANYTHING to do with water, except for when she gets her paws wet, but she's OH SO CURIOUS about it. She's my dishwashing supervisor - perches herself right on the edge of the sink to watch while I do the dishes. She's SO helpful .... :p

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
If you lived closer, I'd be giving you one or two to raise! ;)

Gosh, the longer I have them the crazier I am about them. It will already be so hard to let any of them go. I know I have to though. whaaaa

And I'd happily take them! :D

lizbud
05-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Just checking in to see if all is still going well.:)

phesina
05-25-2010, 08:22 PM
I just e-mailed a couple of rescue/transport people I became acquainted with when I found out about Bob in Grand Rapids and then when I was checking out some other cats..

I know there are people who can arrange transport all over the place, and they know many of them. I will let you know if any possibilities turn up through them.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I just called the humane society again. She hasn't been able to reach her friend yet. With the holiday coming, that's not so surprising. She promises not to forget us though. I'll check back toward the end of next week if I don't hear from them by then.

Meanwhile, I have a bathroom overflowing with kits at this moment. I had lots of fun trying to round them up in the shed and bring them inside. The tortie went right into the carrier. So did all of them except one orangie. He was have a blast chasing a fly. I finally got him when he tired himself out and let me pick him up.

Winnie has been allowed in the kitchen to see their toesies under the door. She no longer hisses at them. Good thing because I will need to be gone a while tomorrow and Winnie will have to be in the kitchen and the babies in the bathroom. Angel, I can let stay in here with Chester and Grandma.

The babies like to excape from the bathroom when the door is open though. So, I make sure the big kids are out of the kitchen so the kits can have some time to explore (and I can go to the bathroom before my bladder blows up) :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Okay you answered my question that I posted in the transport thread. Hopefully you'll hear something next week and it will be good news. I'm glad to hear that the kittens are doing well.:) We need some more pictures though.;)

lvpets2002
05-28-2010, 12:35 PM
:love: Well thats just like my well mannered wittle tortie girl going in the carrier first.. I am so glad they are doing very good & having a blast playing.. Many Thanks MOFF for taking such good care of them.. Yes I read your PM & so hope they can find & talk to this person.. I know its Holiday weekend & most are already gone.. Bigg Whisker Huggss & Belly Rubbss..
I just called the humane society again. She hasn't been able to reach her friend yet. With the holiday coming, that's not so surprising. She promises not to forget us though. I'll check back toward the end of next week if I don't hear from them by then.

Meanwhile, I have a bathroom overflowing with kits at this moment. I had lots of fun trying to round them up in the shed and bring them inside. The tortie went right into the carrier. So did all of them except one orangie. He was have a blast chasing a fly. I finally got him when he tired himself out and let me pick him up.

Winnie has been allowed in the kitchen to see their toesies under the door. She no longer hisses at them. Good thing because I will need to be gone a while tomorrow and Winnie will have to be in the kitchen and the babies in the bathroom. Angel, I can let stay in here with Chester and Grandma.

The babies like to excape from the bathroom when the door is open though. So, I make sure the big kids are out of the kitchen so the kits can have some time to explore (and I can go to the bathroom before my bladder blows up) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I did another tiny, um, peek a bit ago. I'm thinking one of the orangies may be a girl. Either that or his fuzz nuggests haven't started to grow yet. :eek:

Ok, I admit, I'm exhausted but am having a blast with them. (how can such small kits be so full of poo?) You should hear the orangies burp!!! I've never heard anything so funny!

The kits are really growing. I'll try and get pics over the weekend for you all. :love::love::love:

cassiesmom
05-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Pooping and burping baby kittens :rolleyes: MoFF, I'm nominating you for sainthood!

Donnaj4962
05-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Pooping and burping baby kittens MoFF, I'm nominating you for sainthood!

I second that motion.... all in favor?? :D;)

columbine
05-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I second that motion.... all in favor?? :D;)

I think it's mew-nanimous!

Love, Columbine

Catty1
05-28-2010, 10:38 PM
What Columbine said! :D

5Cats
05-29-2010, 01:03 AM
I haven't been on the Internet much in general for awhile, though I usually at least cast an eye on the latest COTD. I just now read the whole story - wow! It's riveting, full of tragedy, triumph, suspense, humor and adorable :love: pictures, and the love to and from you and the kits and from the posters here. MoFF, you must be exhausted, but you have been and are doing a fantastic job! If you still can't get homes for some or any you can't keep, I'd recommend getting your story of Lilac and her kittens, complete with the beautiful photos, published somehow, whether it be in a booklet, a news article, whatever may work. Use direct quotes from yours and other PT posts, using all the emotional material. You can include the story of your brother finding the newborn kitten. With passages that tug at the heartstrings - and they do, you'll have potential adopters lining up at your door. If you have a local college or university nearby, they might be able to help. Their student newspaper might be very interested. You could probably get a student to volunteer to put material together for you and have flyers or booklets printed out and distributed, maybe to local businesses like restaurants that allow flyers and notices and/or at vet offices. If not, I could do it for you and send them to you. It's an idea - if this is something you'd want or need to do.

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date and most of all, for your devotion and hard work! I wish you, the kits, the cats, and everyone involved every bit of good luck possible!

sana
05-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Awww..... These kitties are amazingly and awesomely sweet. Adopt them! They might start to get around with you soon.

phesina
05-29-2010, 11:50 AM
I also am in favor of immediate canonization of St. MoFF! You have already worked so many miracles. God bless you.

Moesha
05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
OH DEAR!

I've been away for awhile. I was on vacation and other things, but like so many others, have been overwhelmed with this thread. The ups and downs are both heartwrenching and heartwarming. Please let me know how I can help with the donations. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

lizbud
05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I still would like to help with a donation for the kits care and or
travel, etc. Just feel free to pm me where it's needed.:)

Pinot's Mom
05-31-2010, 12:32 PM
I still would like to help with a donation for the kits care and or
travel, etc. Just feel free to pm me where it's needed.:)

Same here!:)

Grace
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Add me to the list :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-31-2010, 06:46 PM
I sure hope we can get them settled before the 4th of July. I can't leave them out in that shed during that time. The fireworks would terrify them. Just ask Chester. I found him in a tree the day after the fourth when he was a baby. He still hates loud noises.

At the very worse, I would have to let Winnie in here with me, Grandma, Chester and Angel at night and hope she doesn't chew through a power cord and let the babies have the kitchen and bathroom. That's where the babies are right now. Running amuck in the kitchen. :D They are having a grand time playing and chasing each other. I can't keep them in that dinky bathroom all day after all. It will be time to round them up and take them back to the shed soon.

I sure hope my knees hold out. They have been really bad lately. :love:

Catty1
05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I think our best hope is that guy at the SPCA. It's a US holiday today, so you may not hear til tomorrow or even Wednesday.

There are several donors here, and I can do a bit - he can get his gas paid for (and maybe a lunch! ;) )

Fingers crossed.

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Yes, I too hope that you'll hear something from the SPCA soon. You can also count me in for a donation.:)

lvpets2002
06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
;) Checking In.. My Cable was acting up this weekend.. I am & was still hoping for the couple that is coming to Dallas on June 5th to change their minds & decide to bring the babies.. I know wishfull thinking.. Ok plan B = hoping the other person can get a hold of the person that can go to OK.. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2010, 10:16 AM
They were running rampant in my kitchen this morning! Enjoy! :love:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7089.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7088.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7085.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7081.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7080.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7090.jpg

Husky_mom
06-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Oh dear... those faces can melt anyone... lol at blackie in box.. he sure is having fun.. awww

haha.. light orangie is such a toughie.. lol..

love dark orangie calm look.. yeah right.. and tortie colors.. aww.. white chin is so cute and looks fluffier than the rest..

Pinot's Mom
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Great pics, thanks! Love the orangies in the A&W box! They could all melt your heart! :love:

Let me know where/when to send $$$!! Thanks!!!:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
They're so adorable.:) I'd have a hard time just choosing 2 of them.;)

Purr-tender
06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
What a day brightener!!! There isn't anything more precious or more entertaining than kittens! Your jaws must ache from smiling all the time. Just love your babies!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
They are tearing up the kitchen right now. They got to meet Winnie and Angel face to face this morning. Winnie and Angel ran into the kitchen when I went in. Of course, lots of hissing was involved. I think those 5 kits could hold their own though. I was able to grab Winnie easily and put her back in the front room.

Angel hates for me to touch her anyway so I had to grab the kits and lock them back in the bathroom then open the door to the front room so Angel would leave the kitchen. Welcome to my fun house!
:D

I've pretty much decided to keep the black twins and send lvpets the orange twins with her tortie. If we can ever get anything arranged that is. Of course, I may change my mind tomorrow. ;)

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Moff... I have been following this thread since the 1st post. I just have to tell you, that those 5 kits are just the cutest little things:love: . Those little blackies just melt my heart. I am glad you are keeping them as I check on here every day in hopes you post about them , or better yet,..post some new pictures:)

ps.. Also just love the Winnie and Angel posts/pics as well. please in your spare time ( :eek: ) post more :)

Catty1
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
*THUNK* Help, I've been over-cuted!!! :D

How adorable and healthy they are! So, two more wee blackies to do flying zoomies? ;)

I hope you hear from the SPCA soon!

RedHedd
06-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Kittoons! They are SO cute! Of course the little tortie is just stealing my heart! She's SO cute! Love the little stripe down her nose.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I hope I hear from the SPCA soon too. The stinkers are getting too much for me. I usually stick them in one pet taxi to travel between the shed and the house. They are getting so heavy, I can hardly carry them like that any more. :D

The pictures don't really do them justice, specially the tortie. She is so way cuter in person. They all have very loud purrs too. They sound like tiny motor boats running around the kitchen. :D

Husky_mom
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
They all have very loud purrs too. They sound like tiny motor boats running around the kitchen. :D

they sure had a great start towards spoilage :)

awww.... I love baby animals...

Catty1
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
MOFF - would a second call to the SPCA be an idea? Not that they forgot...but they just might be busy...

slick
06-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I've pretty much decided to keep the black twins and send lvpets the orange twins with her tortie. If we can ever get anything arranged that is. Of course, I may change my mind tomorrow. ;) Ahem, didn't you say that you just couldn't take any more in??? ;) Purrutiful pictures MOFF!!!:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2010, 11:45 PM
MOFF - would a second call to the SPCA be an idea? Not that they forgot...but they just might be busy...

She promised she wouldn't forget me. If I don't hear from her by Monday, I'll email her. I don't want to make her mad by bugging her so much she won't help at all. :love:

Slick, I really can't take any more in but I can't stand to let the blackies go worse. ;) What's a little extra pain compared to all that fuzzy luvin? :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm glad to hear that you'll be keeping the two black kittens because for some reason this color usually gets looked over. Do you know if they are male or female yet? I think that Chester would like at least one brother.;)

I sure hope that you'll hear from the SPCA very soon and that someone there will be able to help transport the kittens.

RedHedd
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I hope I hear from the SPCA soon too. The stinkers are getting too much for me. I usually stick them in one pet taxi to travel between the shed and the house. They are getting so heavy, I can hardly carry them like that any more. :D
Sherpa cat carrier on Wheels! Best thing I ever bought! Expensive, but SO worth the savings on my back and body.

http://www.futurepets.com/cgi-bin/search.exe?BP=1&RCAT=200.

These kits grow up SO fast! I don't have a kitten anymore - she's now my "little big cat" :D

Catty1
06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
MOFF - following on RedHedd's idea, is there a wagon or wheelbarrow or something on wheels that you could maneuver more easily than just carrying them?

Prayers that the SPCA calls soon!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
MOFF - following on RedHedd's idea, is there a wagon or wheelbarrow or something on wheels that you could maneuver more easily than just carrying them?

Prayers that the SPCA calls soon!

I do have a red wagon in the shed where they stay at nights. But there is a step there so getting it in and out would be more tiring for me than just carrying them into the house.

My knees and feet are really bad right now. I don't know how much longer I can keep shuffling them back and forth. I may just have to let them have the run of the house and let them all (big and small) deal with each other. They'll have to anyway if I can't get them to Texas. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I finally broke down and called the spca. She did forget all about us. However, the girlfriend of the guy who could be helping us transport will be coming into the spca office this after noon. She will tell her about us.

I am to call the spca lady in the morning before 11 am.

CROSS EVERYTHING YOU GOT PLEASE? :love:

Husky_mom
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I may just have to let them have the run of the house and let them all (big and small) deal with each other. They'll have to anyway if I can't get them to Texas. :love:

lol.. I kinda like this.. ;).. but would love to see a few go to TX also.. just sharing the love.. awww...

Catty1
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Everything crossed, eyes included!!!! :)

lvpets2002
06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
:love: Yes I just PM you MOFF with the info you was wanting.. Yes Lets Keep All Paws Crossed.. My Carmela Tortie is just meant to come to TX.. Give babies sweet whisker kissess & huggss..
I finally broke down and called the spca. She did forget all about us. However, the girlfriend of the guy who could be helping us transport will be coming into the spca office this after noon. She will tell her about us.

I am to call the spca lady in the morning before 11 am.

CROSS EVERYTHING YOU GOT PLEASE? :love:

Pinot's Mom
06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Everything crossed! Good luck!

phesina
06-04-2010, 08:07 PM
All appendages crossed!

3Catcondo
06-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Saying prayers and keeping everything crossed that this works out for you all. They are so cute MOFF and I'm so glad you are taking care of them as much as you can.

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2010, 12:10 AM
MOFF, I'm glad that you decided to call the SPCA again. Everything here is also crossed and I hope to hear some great news tomorrow.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Just called the lady at the spca like she requested. She still hasn't had a chance to contact the guy, she said. Things are real hectic here, she said. They are on it,, she said. They haven't forgotten us she said. She has all my contact info, she said. She was off to a ball game, she said.

bang bang bang!!! That's my head hitting the wall!!! :(

lizbud
06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Connie, I am so sorry this is dragging out so long. The ASPCA lady is in
the "rescue" business 24/7 and probably deals with it every day & night.
But it's different to be the one who has direct care of these babies 24/7
and I can bet you really need a brake by now.:(

Prayers that you get the help you need soon. (((Hugs))) :) Please give
them all a hugs from me.

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you still don't have any transport news.:( Too bad you can't just call the guy yourself. Try to hang there.

I know it sounds like you live in a remote area but do they do vaccinations and other tests at local pet stores? They do these things here and it saves you a lot of money because then you don't have to pay the vet visit fee. Just a thought for future use.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I know it sounds like you live in a remote area but do they do vaccinations and other tests at local pet stores? They do these things here and it saves you a lot of money because then you don't have to pay the vet visit fee. Just a thought for future use.

Alas, we have no pet stores. The nearest is in Kansas City, 90 miles away. :(
About the only thing we have left in our town is Walmart. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Alas, we have no pet stores. The nearest is in Kansas City, 90 miles away. :(
About the only thing we have left in our town is Walmart. :love:

I'm sorry to hear this.:( I'm just so used to living in a city that has everything. I guess I'm spoiled in that way.:) I was just trying to think about low cost places to help you out. I know that the SPCA is 30 minutes away from you but do they offer low cost services there? Maybe the next time you talk to the lady you could ask her about it and they may be able to vaccinate the kittens and possibly deworm them for a reduced price. I know that the Humane Society offers these things so maybe they do too.

In case you can't get anyone to transport them, then maybe you could have someone pick up you and the kittens and then the SPCA could vaccinate, deworm, and check them over for a reduced price. Then the other 3 kittens could be either transported by another company or maybe even flown to Texas to Helene. Just another thought.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I think I'm going to try and keep the kits inside with me and my big kids tonight. I'll have to do some fancy shuffling with cats between rooms but it would be better than carrying them up and down the back stairs and locking them in a hot shed tonight. It got to almost 100 here today. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Well, the kits and big kids and I all made it through the first night inside together. It was interesting to say the least. We all survived though.

We did have a tiny electrical casualty however. I sleep with a small battery operated radio with headphones to keep my neighbor's stereo from keeping me awake all the time. Miss Winnie munched through the headphone cord - twice! There was a long piece of it in the front room. I found it when I got up for a bathroom break. So, the baby kits had to be shut into the bathroom and Winnie into the kitchen for the rest of the night.

I can't believe she is worse than the kittens!!!

I sent a new email the lady at the SPCA. I told her to tell the guy I would help some with the gas if he would transport the kits. Maybe a little bribery will work.

I thought I'd lost the tortie this morning. I was coming back inside from taking some trash out. The two blackies got almost out the door. I grabbed them and an orangie who was trying to make a break for it. I thought I had everyone but when I did a nose count, the tortie was not there. I was so sick! I opened the door and there she was; between the door and the screen. whew
Note to self: never ever EVER open an outside door unless the kits are behind closed bathroom doors!:eek:

orangemm
06-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Little devils are FAST!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Little devils are FAST!:D

It is rather like living on Monkey Island! :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow!!!:eek: They sure keep you on your toes. I'm glad that you all survived the night.:) Hopefully some bribery will help with the transport of 3 of the kittens. Good luck.:)

katladyd
06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Surely they know SOMEONE who will help transport those kittens. If they don't or can't help you, who are you supposed to go to?:confused:

Catty1
06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Remember, MOFF - there are people here who are ready and willing to donate...I am sure we can fill the fellow's gas tank and buy him lunch into the bargain!

Tell the SPCA you have backers! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Remember, MOFF - there are people here who are ready and willing to donate...I am sure we can fill the fellow's gas tank and buy him lunch into the bargain!

Tell the SPCA you have backers! :D

I did tell her I would help with the gas. I quoted $100. That's the amount I have put back for the kits shots. Getting the 3 to Texas is the top priority right now. My two can get their shots next mo.

I've been holding off asking for donations until I know for sure if we can get any to Texas or not. If we can get them to Texas, I'd want the donations to go to lvpets2002 to help her with her gas and the vet expenses for the 3 kits.

So, I'm just on hold right now. But having fun at Monkey Island. We (and all my electronics) made it through another night together. I just have to remember which room what cats go into and when. ;):love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm off to the vet this afternoon with the little shy black kit, who I call Chip by the way.

He doesn't seem to be feeling as spry as he usually does this morning. He's usually right in the middle of any action going on. This morning, he seems to want to stay cuddled in the blanket on the kitchen floor most of the time. He did eat well this morning.

We had really awful storms move through last night. I'm hoping he is just tired but want him checked out, just in case. Since they do spend nights in the bathroom, and even the cleanest bathroom is a germy place, I want to make sure he's not getting a bug or anything. I'll have her give him his shots too if she says it's ok.

We go at 1 this afternoon. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. :love:

Pinot's Mom
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Good luck, little Chip!

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I sure hope Chip is okay and if not that it's nothing serious. Good luck at the vets.

katladyd
06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Prayers and good wishes being sent for little Chip.:love:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I love the name Chip for the little guy :) Have you decided on a name for the other dear sweet blackie yet? if not... how about Dale ?? you know.... Chip and Dale ... ;)

phesina
06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Good wishes and prayers for little Chip.. and all of you!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Little Chip had quite the adventure: his first bus ride, his first thermometer up the bum, his first vet visit, his first antibiotic, his first weigh in. He is a whopping 2 pounds and estimated to be 8 weeks old. His vet says he had a fever and a bacterial infection. So, he got his med and some sent home with him.

He goes back next Wednesday for his first shots. She wouldn't do them with him being sick. He's busy telling all his siblings about his adventures right now. (his first worming too) :p

I'm thinking the lady at the spca has no intention of helping us. I called again this morning. She was busy feeding dogs. The lady I talked to said she would have her call me right back. She never called. She never answered my email the other day either. I wish she would at least have enough nerve to tell me she didn't want to help us. :(

Oh, I named the other blackie Chuck. That makes Chester, Chip and Chuck.

Still need to name the orangies. I was holding off because I was hoping to get them to lvpets so she could name them. Now, I just don't know. :love:

Anikaca77
06-09-2010, 03:07 PM
That's just terrible she won't help. Well I posted up for help but I will repost and we'll see what happens.

Maybe we could try to post for some help on craigslist or somewhere else too.

Melissa

Edit: I just e-mailed a bunch of rescues in OK and I hope maybe one of them might know of someone will to transport these kittens. Are we looking at only transporting 3 kittens?

Catty1
06-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I have messaged my local friend again who loves cats and has contacts and friends in OK. Fingers crossed!

sasvermont
06-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Really, really, really. I think the other kittens are going to need to be wormed etc. soon. The vet may just let you deworm them yourself, giving you the meds to take home, but then I don't know for your vet. Each vet works his/her own ideas about office visits. Needless to say, they will all need a visit soon. Please let us send you some dough to offset these expenses? It would ease my mind a little. I know they need to find homes too, but until then, they need to stay healthy.

You are such an angel.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Really, really, really. I think the other kittens are going to need to be wormed etc. soon. The vet may just let you deworm them yourself, giving you the meds to take home, but then I don't know for your vet. Each vet works his/her own ideas about office visits. Needless to say, they will all need a visit soon. Please let us send you some dough to offset these expenses? It would ease my mind a little. I know they need to find homes too, but until then, they need to stay healthy.

You are such an angel.
Yor are right. Their health has to come first. It will take me forever to get all there shots by myself. I'm praying none of the others comes down with Chip's bug.

Anyone who would like to contribute, pm me and I'll send the info. Of course, all of you, whether you donate or not, are their honory godparents! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm so glad that you were able to get Chip to the vets quickly. I hope he'll feel better soon and that no one else will come down with this bug.:(

I sent you a pm and I'd love to donate.:) Would your vet's office let us call them so we could then send them donations over the phone through our credit cards? We've done this in the past for other PT'ers and it's worked out quite well. This way the money gets to you much faster. I don't have a paypal account any more and I really don't want one. If not then I'll just have to send you a check by mail.

Also see if your vet could maybe give you a discount towards the kittens shots, vet visit, deworming etc. It doesn't hurt to ask. This way you could hopefully bring all 5 in at the same time.;)

I'm so sorry that the lady at the SPCA is just ignoring you.:( I had a feeling that this wouldn't go any where.:( When the kittens have their shots and vet exam etc., then there will be more options for transport. You can also ask your vet about a vet certificate and whatever else they might need. I think it has to be done no sooner than a 1 week before travel. Then they could possibly be transported by an animal transport service or by plane if you receive enough donations. Hopefully some kind of tranport system will work out.

Anikaca77
06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Momcat-

Please send me a PM I just got this and if they can help this would be wonderful!!! :)

Hello. My name is Sue and I am the secretary for Friends of Felines in Wichita KS. I have read the posts sent to us and need to know where the kittens are and where I would need to take them. I have a larger carrier that would be comfortable for them at least on one leg of the trip. Please give me more information but I think I can help.

Sue
Friends of Felines

slick
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm going to the bank today.:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Anikaca77 I just sent you a couple of pms. :love:

Thank you all so much for helping us out.
My vet's office doesn't like the donations sent right to them because of the book keeping involved and the risk of putting it in the wrong account. (they have lots of temp help)
So any donations will have to go through me. All money will be used for the kits. :love: They send you all tons of kitty kisses and thanks for all you are doing. Even just keeping us in your thoughts and prayers is a major help. It's what keeps me going.

Now, Mr Chip is back to his ornery little self this morning. He even managed to sneak in and say HI to the big kits before I grabbed him.

We do have another task though: we need to name the two orangie babies. They will need names for their shot records. One is a boy and the other is a girl. I'll try and sneak pics of them so you can give me name ideas. My brain is blank right now. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks like I need to swab out some kit ears. ;)
Enjoy:

Chuck and Chip
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7096.jpg

The orangie twins: the girl is on the left.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7095.jpg

Little boy orangie:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7094.jpg

Little boy orangie making faces at the camera. He's all boy alright!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7093.jpg

Little girl Orangie. She is darker than the boy, just a bit.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7091.jpg

Miss Carmela
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7098.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
AWWWWW!!!!:D They're all so adorable. It sure would hard for me to choose only 2 of them.:) I'd like to put in a name request in honor of my RB Sunny. Either one could be named Sunny or Sunshine in his honor since it's a unisex name.:)

I sure hope that Sue from Friends of Felines will be able to help out for at least part of the transport and maybe she'll know someone else who would be able to go the rest of the way more towards Helene.:) I'll write my donation check today so you can hopefully expect it by Sat. or Mon.'s mail.;)

Pinot's Mom
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
They are all adorable! :love:

OK-if you're going the "Sun" route...Sunshine and Moonbeam? Or...another obvious set - Nala and Simba? They may be over-used but they came to mind. :)

Husky_mom
06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
OMG.. my orangie fave is a girl!!.. haha.. they are all so cute but darker orangie always have struck me .. so cute!!

hmm.. names...Iīve always had a thing for WILDFIRE for a red/orange pet.. and reading about the Sun theme.. the Sun is kinda Wildfire.. lol

the other one could be Colorado.. means red coloured..:P

at first when I saw one of he blackies named Chip.. immediately thought the other one would be Dale.. lol

Anikaca77
06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
How about Apollo for the little orange guy :)

Maybe....Fiona for the girl.

I just got this e-mail from another rescue....

Depending from where in OK and when I could possibly help out
I live in Claremore-northeast of Tulsa. I would be willing to drive to Sherman.

This is what I sent to Sue:

Hi Sue-

The kittens are in Fort Scott, KS right now and we need to get them to OK City or even east of there and the lady from Texas will then meet whoever in OK City or east of there.

Do you know of anyone in OK that would help out with this or something??

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

Melissa

lvpets2002
06-10-2010, 12:40 PM
:eek: She would be willing to Drive to Sherman.. OMG that is Great Great.. Sherman is north of me on the TX & OK border.. I can do that for sure.. Now she would need a transport for Ft Scott right & then to her?? Karen has given me a man's name to Email that might can help too.. Oh gosh I really still hoping we can make this happen.. All paws crossed please.. Yes Melissa I like your suggested names..
How about Apollo for the little orange guy :)

Maybe....Fiona for the girl.

I just got this e-mail from another rescue....

Depending from where in OK and when I could possibly help out
I live in Claremore-northeast of Tulsa. I would be willing to drive to Sherman.

This is what I sent to Sue:

Hi Sue-

The kittens are in Fort Scott, KS right now and we need to get them to OK City or even east of there and the lady from Texas will then meet whoever in OK City or east of there.

Do you know of anyone in OK that would help out with this or something??

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

Melissa

katladyd
06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I like Sunny for the boy and Tangy (for Tangerine) for the little girl! If I lived closer and no one could take her, the little girl would be mine!:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
And here all I could think of was Sunny and Cher!!! :D:love:

dehlers43
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Orangish names:
Marmalade - Marmie
Valencia - Val
Florida - Flo, Florrie
Squeeze
Peel
C-C, Sisi, as in Vitamin C

Not so orangish:
Sunrise & Sunset - Sunny and Setty
Dawn and Sunset - Dawn and Sunny or even Don and Setty... :)

Ok now my brain is mush and I want an orange! LOL

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2010, 03:58 PM
As ornery as they are, I'm thinking Bonnie and Clyde might be more fitting. ;) :love:

lvpets2002
06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
:love: Great News.. With the contact that Karen & Melissa has given me = we have had positive responses.. I have E-Mail all 3 contacts & they are with Friends of Felines & they sure think they can help us get the babies to Sherman & then I can pickup & bring home.. I Am Sending So Many Thanks to All For Their Concerns & Support of us getting these babies to me.. All Paws crossed.. I may not hear anything till this weekend.. I will reply when the emails start coming back with replies.. Bigg Whiskers Huggss for All & the Babies.. Hey I am liking all of the names that have been given for the orangies.. Now Miss Carmela is the torie's name..:love:
As ornery as they are, I'm thinking Bonnie and Clyde might be more fitting. ;) :love:

lvpets2002
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
:love: Ummppss just look at these two.. Yes Tracey we will honor the name Sunny for the boy for your RB Sunny.. And we like Tangy for the girl's name.. And of course tortie girl is Carmela.. Bigg Whisker Huggss & Belly Rubbss.. Hang in there babies.. Read above post of the feed backs so far..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/SunnyTangy.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/MissCarmela.jpg

Husky_mom
06-10-2010, 04:43 PM
OMG.. yay!!.. canīt wait for greater news :D...

I wished I was even closer.. hehe.. orangie girl is soooo cute!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
:love: Ummppss just look at these two.. Yes Tracey we will honor the name Sunny for the boy for your RB Sunny.. And we like Tangy for the girl's name.. And of course tortie girl is Carmela.. Bigg Whisker Huggss & Belly Rubbss.. Hang in there babies.. Read above post of the feed backs so far..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/SunnyTangy.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/MissCarmela.jpg

I just asked the orangies. They love the names Sunny and Tangy!!! (now if Tangy doesn't double cross me and turn out to be a boy!!! ;)) Carmela has been told her name from day one! :D :love:

Catty1
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
StarandBratsmom just replied to a PM of mine...I replied to her and to lvpets and MOFF. She lives near Tulsa.

Never rains but pours!:D

slick
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
MOFF - expect to receive something in the mail from me next week. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2010, 05:29 PM
MOFF - expect to receive something in the mail from me next week. :)

Thank you slick and all of you!!! I am just a puddle of tears right now. :love:

I'm sure gonna miss those stinkers but they will have a better life than I could ever hope to give them. Of course, every time I hear of storms over Texas, I'll be worrying about them. :D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2010, 06:06 PM
how is the kitten bunch doing tonight? they are all so stinking cute!!:love: they just are heart melters:love::)