PDA

View Full Version : California Dreaming?

RICHARD
05-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I put up a fence to protect the 'stash' this year.

Seems like there is a movement afoot to get into the container and roll around on the plants.

:D

California Home Grown!

Only the best for my friends!;)

Freedom
05-15-2010, 07:51 PM
He he hee, yes, they DO love to roll on it, and then nap under it!

When I got my first plant, I put wire fencing to protect the lower 3 inches and roots (mine is right in the ground, not in a pot). That was a few years ago. Stuff spreads like crazy, I don't need to worry any longer. Anytime we allow Chestnut out with us as we work, I always know where I will find him; napping under the smushed one!

cassiesmom
05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
What a cute tortie kitty next to the home-grown! My sister's (RB) Siamese mix used to roll on/in his catnip plant. It was in the ground, like Freedom's.

catmandu
05-16-2010, 07:30 AM
I remember naivley planting cat nip in the front and back and within a day or two the Big Male Cats from the neighborhood had flattened and ruined everything. For a night or two I heard fighting and yowling so someone sure had a great old time!!!!

smokey the elder
05-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I see one of your little "frens" is checking out the "stash"!:)

RICHARD
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I see one of your little "frens" is checking out the "stash"!:)

All they want to do it eat and party.;)

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Have you tried to dry this at all??

I have a friend who has a ton of this stuff that grows in his fields and he'll bring me a "stash" into the office and I have to drive home with it in my car and I swear sometimes it just knocks me out.

Anyway, I can't possible keep all the of the stuff he gives me so I'll take some bunches of it and hang it in my parents shed and let it dry out and then I crush it down and put in the kitties cat nip container and every once in a while during the winter time I'll bring it out and the cats go nuts.

RICHARD
05-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Have you tried to dry this at all??

I have a friend who has a ton of this stuff that grows in his fields and he'll bring me a "stash" into the office and I have to drive home with it in my car and I swear sometimes it just knocks me out.

Anyway, I can't possible keep all the of the stuff he gives me so I'll take some bunches of it and hang it in my parents shed and let it dry out and then I crush it down and put in the kitties cat nip container and every once in a while during the winter time I'll bring it out and the cats go nuts.

When the plants get bigger, I will try to dry and package it for the monsters.

Fresh is good, dried might be better!:D

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 07:48 AM
When the plants get bigger, I will try to dry and package it for the monsters.

Fresh is good, dried might be better!:D

Yeah just hang it upside down but out of the kitties reach of course :) My one guy Hermes can't eat the fresh stuff because he ends up throwing it up so I'll rub their toys with the fresh cat nip and they love it.

RICHARD
05-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Hmm, I think my fence isn't the answer.

They used another potted plant to jump in. While one played, the other spread the spilled dirt..

Karen
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Your fence needs a lid!

To pick it to dry, it is best to do so in the morning, when any dew is off the leaves but before the strongest sun of the day. You can cut it back pretty far down, and it'll regrow. Hang it anyplace dry, and it'll be fine for practically ever!

RICHARD
05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Your fence needs a lid!

To pick it to dry, it is best to do so in the morning, when any dew is off the leaves but before the strongest sun of the day. You can cut it back pretty far down, and it'll regrow. Hang it anyplace dry, and it'll be fine for practically ever!

I just want it to grow without getting trampled everytime someone needs to get high!:D:eek::confused: