PDA

View Full Version : I need some quick advice!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-19-2002, 06:53 PM
I was talking to an elder gentleman that I work with and he told me that he has a chow... and since they have moved they have to keep the chow in the laundry room at night. His wife has some kind of disease where if she gets cold her joints ache so they have to turn the heat on every night.. and putting more covers on the bed is just not cutting it. Well the chow HATES the noise that the compressor makes and barks all night long. He said he doesn't want to take the dog to the pound but does not know what else to do. I asked if he could give it to someone but he said the dog is mean. I really want to help this guy I don't want the poor dog to end up getting put to sleep.... If anyone has any advice I can give this guy it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Kfamr
10-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Maybe they could buy a crate for the dog?

RockyRoad
10-19-2002, 10:01 PM
This is a really bad idea but due to drastic circumstances how about...the dreaded dog-lover's tool....THE MUZZLE. Maybe he could try putting a muzzle on the dog for the night, but them it would whine all the time...hmm..could they keep him outside? No he'd wake up the neighbors... What about what Kayann said? Lol I don't know what I would do in that situation...

Corinna
10-19-2002, 10:17 PM
I am asuming that they think it will be too warm for the chow. Bathroom heaters can be turned off and it becomes a nice cool area. The compressor is most likly hurting his ears they tend to have a high pitch.(hubbies drives me crazy for his airbrushing of his Work) Merlin even wants outside when it kiccks on.
Does the family have a garage or inclsed car port its better than the shelter Chows don't get a fair break at them. Good luck and if none of these work post him on the rescue area we always seem to save them and find homes.

aly
10-19-2002, 11:04 PM
An aggressive chow would have zero chances in a shelter.

I agree they should get a crate. Why does the chow have to just stay in the laundry room? Is he aggressive to the owners too?

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-21-2002, 11:05 AM
No he is not aggressive with the owners just people he doesn't know. They recently move into a trailer in a traler park so there is no garage and apparentlly no yard either. I will suggest the crate... are yall talking about a big crate so he can sleep in the room with them? Thanks for all of your help.

aly
10-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Yes, I would get a wire crate so the dog won't feel as closed in... the other type of crates would work too though. If they can't afford one, maybe a local humane society could sell them one at a lower cost or tell them where they could get one cheaper.

Kfamr
10-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Yeah, a wire one. We have one for Simba [it's actually Honey's for now] but when we got him we got it. It was around $90-$100 something. Tell them when they get it, to make sure it's large enough for the dog to turn around, and stand up. Simba's cage can fit me, my friend, and Simba in it [of course it's a little squished... but yeah we did it lol]

wolf_Q
10-24-2002, 01:53 AM
I think a crate in their room is a good idea too. Nebo sleeps in a crate in my room. I found it at a Smiths for $45.....I believe it was actually supposed to be $85....the label was in front of the wrong crate...it rang up as $85. I convinced they had to sell it to me for cheaper because of where the label was. I am cruel. :D

I'd like to get a wire crate sometime. Nebo doesn't mind the closed in crate he has........but it's in my closet, and since it took me an hour to fit it in there, I don't know how I will *ever* get it out. I'd like a folding wire crate so I can take it places with me.

anna_66
10-24-2002, 06:57 AM
Do you know what they've done with the chow yet? I sure hope they don't take him to the shelter.

cottoncandy
10-26-2002, 06:14 AM
So have they got the crate for him? If not I can probably raise the money on my site...please tell me asap so i can get it on my site!