PDA

View Full Version : Dating Game

catnapper
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I thought we could start a new game -- the Dating Game :)

Rules:
* 1 person asks a dating/marriage related question
* first person to answer gets to answer question and ask one of their own.
* If two people answer, whoever answered first gets to ask their question.
* Any dating related question goes - whether serious "How long to wait for him to call me back?" or not-so-serious "Should I wear the red shirt or the blue one on my date?" or fun "which is more important: money or looks?"
* Keep it rated PG!!!!
* Have fun!

I'll go first::
Can men and women be just friends? (think Harry and Sally)

Taz_Zoee
05-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Can men and women just be friends?

Absolutely! I have male friends that I've never been romantically involved with, and Bruce has females friends just the same.

After seven (HAPPY) years together, is marriage really necessary?

catnapper
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
After seven (HAPPY) years together, is marriage really necessary?

Only if you think it is! If someone else tell you that you need it, then that what THEY need to see for you!

Would you date someone with kids?

Catherinedana
05-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I married someone with kids even though I didn't have any in my previous marriage. While I would have preferred someone without any "baggage" to speak of (if you know what I mean) at this point in my life, I don't think I would have met someone who was single, rich, childless and non-psychotic! Besides, you can't help who you fall in love with!! Happily married just the same - love truly is lovelier the second time around for me. His kids are adults anyway and they deal with the whole thing in their own way.

Do you think that age difference is a big deal in a relationship?

Pawsitive Thinking
05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Do you think that age difference is a big deal in a relationship?

It can be, as the relationship progresses the gap sometimes seems to get wider.

Is it necessary to be in a relationship to feel "whole"?

happylabs
05-12-2010, 10:16 AM

No. I have been single and unattached since my divorce 8 years ago. I have a very happy and fulfilled life without a partner or steady. I have my two adult kids, my parents (thankfully still), siblings, friends, job, etc. I feel very fortunate for what I have and am very happy. People sometimes feel badly for me because I am "alone", but seriously, I am never alone. I have the 4 cats and also I have God to talk to whenever I need him. :)

Does there have to be a dominant person in a relationship?

kokopup
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Only you can make you happy. If you need someone to feel whole you are carrying baggage that will undermine any relationship.

Where is the best place to meet a prospective soul mate?

catnapper
05-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Does there have to be a dominant person in a relationship?

Only if the person "needs" a dominate partner. I know many people who have stronger partners because they need them to be stronger. But in my opinion, a balanced relationship has someone dominate in one area or another. In my home, I count on hubby to be organized and aware of who's doing what when. He counts on me to be grounded and and realiztic.

How important is it to be liked by your partner's family?

Karen
05-12-2010, 11:58 AM
How important is it to be liked by your partner's family?

Not very, unless your partner is very close to them.

Would you date someone who didn't like your pets?

happylabs
05-12-2010, 12:32 PM

It is difficult. I have dated two different men who were not pet lovers. The one would not even let Casey near him unless he was sitting down and then she had to quietly sit next to him so he could pet her. :rolleyes:

The other guy I dated just didn't think cats should be inside 24/7. He kept saying they would be better off if they were outside. That one didn't last long either. I will never give up my pets for a man.

Would you date someone that was separated but still married?

Catherinedana
05-12-2010, 12:45 PM

No.

Had to answer even though I was second. See above for next question!!

Queen of Poop
05-12-2010, 02:33 PM
As the one on the other end of the question (being that I am separated but not yet divorced) would I like someone to want to date me, of course.

But would I date someone right now. Certainly not. I am not in an emotional place for that and I am still married, for another 6 months. So I would not date anyone at this time.

New question: Would you date someone more than a foot taller/shorter than yourself?

Karen
05-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I would, in theory. Paul is several inches taller than me, but not a whole foot!

Would you date someone of a different religion?

kokopup
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Would you date someone of a different religion?

It depends. There are religions that are not far removed from each other and others that are totally separated. I personally could not marry into a RC , Jewish, or Islamic faiths.

Would you give up a place you love to live for someone in another part of the world.

Alysser
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't truthfully know, it would depend how in love I was with said person. I mean, it really is uprooting your whole life but if I was completely in love with someone I would say yes, most definitely.

Do yo believe there is one soul-mate for everyone?

caseysmom
05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't truthfully know, it would depend how in love I was with said person. I mean, it really is uprooting your whole life but if I was completely in love with someone I would say yes, most definitely.

Do yo believe there is one soul-mate for everyone?

No I think we all have enough love in our heart to find love again if we lose our soul mate.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Nomilynn
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I believe in lust at first sight, and I believe in connection at first sight, but I think that romantic love is something that needs to be nurtured.

Is it possible to remain friends with ex's even when you or they have moved on and have new relationships?

CountryWolf07
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes it is possible. I am friends with one of my ex'es. Although, just one ex. We are on good terms, very good friends!

Have you experienced intuition with meeting someone from DAY ONE or a coulpe days after meeting that you had/had a feeling that you would be dating your significant other?

DJFyrewolf36
05-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Have you experienced intuition with meeting someone from DAY ONE or a coulpe days after meeting that you had/had a feeling that you would be dating your significant other?

I have. When I met John I knew that at the very least we shared a connection, even if it didn't turn out to be a romantic one (I am glad it did though!) With him I just knew...it was a feeling unlike anything else I had felt about another person.

Would you continue to date someone after being threatened by said persons family? (inspired by a true story :rolleyes: lol)

CountryWolf07
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I have. When I met John I knew that at the very least we shared a connection, even if it didn't turn out to be a romantic one (I am glad it did though!) With him I just knew...it was a feeling unlike anything else I had felt about another person.

Would you continue to date someone after being threatened by said persons family? (inspired by a true story :rolleyes: lol)

Yes I would, actually. Nothing would stop me! :)

When you first started dating your significant other, who did you first meet? His parents? His siblings? (When I first started dating Mike, I met his brother first, then his sister, then his mom.)

catnapper
05-12-2010, 08:43 PM
When you first started dating your significant other, who did you first meet? His parents? His siblings? (When I first started dating Mike, I met his brother first, then his sister, then his mom.)

We met online :)

Do opposites really attract?

Scooter's Mom
05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I believe in lust at first sight, and I believe in connection at first sight, but I think that romantic love is something that needs to be nurtured.

Is it possible to remain friends with ex's even when you or they have moved on and have new relationships?

Many others have answered before me - Just wanted to say YES - I am friends with several of my ex-boyfriends, and my ex-husband.

See above for next question :)

Karen
05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
We met online :)

Do opposites really attract?

Absolutely - Paul and I are opposites in many ways, and obviously found each other attractive! I often tell people that he and I being married keep the universe in balance!

And I think she said which of your significant other's family members did you meet first - I met Paul's mother before anyone else, then met the rest of his immediate family that day. We had already decided to get married at that point, though.

What do you notice first of these things when meeting someone: eye color, hair, or smile?

Nomilynn
05-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't necessarily notice eye colour (unless it's blue) but I notice eyes first, then smile. I generally am attracted to dark hair but that's the last thing I notice.

Is it possible to be in love with 2 people at the same time?

DJFyrewolf36
05-13-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't necessarily notice eye colour (unless it's blue) but I notice eyes first, then smile. I generally am attracted to dark hair but that's the last thing I notice.

Is it possible to be in love with 2 people at the same time?

I think it's a matter of emotional maturity on the part of all parties involved. Also it's a matter of recognizing love as opposed to lust which are two VERY different things!

I am in love with two people so I do believe its possible. But it has to be healthy for everyone involved otherwise it isn't fair.

Is there hope after an affair?

CountryWolf07
05-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Hope after affair? Most of the time, no. Sometimes it can work out for two people... but honestly, no.

What was one of your favorite moments of your early dating days? Like, within the first 6 months of dating - what did he/she do for you that made you think, "Oh, how lucky am I?!" (Like, for example: Mike would stop by my dorm after he got off work at Petco just to see me and say hello even if it was 11PM at night. He called me one night and told me to look out my window and he was smiling big and waving at me to come down.) :)

DJFyrewolf36
05-13-2010, 12:08 AM
What was one of your favorite moments of your early dating days? Like, within the first 6 months of dating - what did he/she do for you that made you think, "Oh, how lucky am I?!" (Like, for example: Mike would stop by my dorm after he got off work at Petco just to see me and say hello even if it was 11PM at night. He called me one night and told me to look out my window and he was smiling big and waving at me to come down.) :)

The fondest memory I have of the first few weeks of dating John was after our first date (we met at his computer shop and decided to go out after he was off shift) he wrote my phone number down on the dust of the hood of his car because he couldn't find anything to write it down on. For some reason, even though it faded off it helped him remember my number and he called me the next day to set up another date. Mind you he can't remember phone numbers to save his life but he remembered mine!

What is the craziest thing you've done for your S/O?

catnapper
05-13-2010, 09:08 AM
What is the craziest thing you've done for your S/O?

I moved an hour and half away, leavingg my job, family, and friends to be with him. Best decision ever :)

What is the most annoying thing your ex did?

Pawsitive Thinking
05-13-2010, 10:01 AM
What is the most annoying thing your ex did?

Keep breathing lol!

Ex's most annoying (and continuing) trait was to bury his head in the sand and put things off that really needed sorting out!!!

Can you find love online?

pomtzu
05-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Can you find love online?

Sure you can. I know of 2 couples - now married - that did.

Should you stay married "for the sake of the kids", and forgo your own happiness?

Catherinedana
05-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Should you stay married "for the sake of the kids", and forgo your own happiness?

No, I don't believe that one should. Perhaps timing is a factor here to some extent. But what happens when the kids have gone on to lives of their own and you are left with 16, 18, 20 years behind you of unhappiness? Children know when their home is not a happy one and your unhappiness affects them as much as a divorce does.

There are times in our lives when we are offered an opportunity and we must grab it regardless of our situation at the time. What happens is that ultimately, everyone's life becomes better for it.

From the website zen-moments.com

Have you ever had a deep and secret urge to be totally you — to let the persona drop?

That call to be genuine regardless of consequences feels somehow dangerous. It threatens to overthrow the order. Still, it tugs at you from some poorly lit place in your psyche.

Some of us are not living genuinely. Our lives are not an authentic expression of our true nature.

Why do we do it? We compromise and live false lives, appeasing someone, or some concept, that would not even be part of our life if we were to live genuinely. What sense does that make?

Are you willing to compromise your "dreams" in order to be in a relationship?

Alysser
05-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Are you willing to compromise your "dreams" in order to be in a relationship?

No, definitely not. Although I guess it would depend on a very strict circumstances. But if a guy couldn't accept my dreams then I wouldn't accept him ;)

Do you feel it's okay to cheat if you're both very unhappy in a relationship?

CountryWolf07
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Of course not. If you're unhappy in a relationship, then get out.

What is one song that describes your significant other? :) For mine, "Guys like Me" by Eric Church

carole
05-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Hmm i don't have one for my present husband, but my ex it used to be He's so shy by the pointer sisters.

Now my question is, if you were divorced and good friends with your ex husbands brother, say you really got on extremely well,and you found yourself having feelings for each other would you consider dating him? or would that be a big NO NO?

Asiel
05-15-2010, 01:08 PM
That's a real tough one. I think it depends on circumstances. For myself I think it would be a NO NO but I know one girl who ended up marrying her ex's brother.

Could you ever forgive and forget if you found out your spouse had slept with his/her ex and kept it a secret ?

CountryWolf07
05-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Absolutely not. Cheating is cheating. There would've never been any honesty in the relationship then.

When did you realize you loved her significant other while dating? How long did it take you to tell him/her that you loved him/her.

Taz_Zoee
05-15-2010, 02:04 PM
When did you realize you loved her significant other while dating? How long did it take you to tell him/her that you loved him/her.

I knew early on. But I was always afraid to say it. But we met March 22nd and he said it to me on April 18th. :D And here we are 7 years later. Oh, and in reference to an earlier question: we met online. :D

Is there a "grace period" of how long it should be before you find someone else after a spouse dies?

FabulouslyFierce
05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Nope. Everyone heals at different paces, the only thing that matters is if you're truly ready.

Indian or Italian for date night?

Karen
05-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Tricky because of my food allergies, but Italian!

It's funny, because a lot of these question I can only approach hypothetically, as I don't have any "exes" - I know I am fortunate in that regard.

Would you move to be closer to someone you are dating, or wait and see if things got "serious"?

carole
05-16-2010, 05:25 PM
wait and see if things got more serious, if we did not live in the same town, would be a good test to see if the relationship would work.

What would be your idea of a very romantic date?

CountryWolf07
05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Idea of a romantic date.... is just being with someone you love, period. It would not matter what we'd do, as long we're with each other. I'm simple. :)

Now YOUR idea of a romantic date? And what was the most romantic date you've had?

carole
05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Ah i am still waiting lol, never really had a really romantic date, but i think a candlelight dinner overlooking the ocean would be my ideal romantic date.

What is the best present your SO has ever given you?

Karen
05-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Besides himself?

That would be a handwritten "certificate" which I was able to exchange for "one baby hatchling bunny, as soon as we bought a house." So I kept it for years, until we owned a house, and redeemed it for Miss Hoppy!

Would you marry someone before discussing issues like money and children with that person?

carole
05-16-2010, 07:40 PM
you know what Karen i think i did, we never really discussed Money as neither of us really had any,nothing much changed there lol, and children, well nope never discussed that either.,which gives me my next question to ask.

If your partner did not want children, and you really did, would you leave them, or not marry them or stay with them, or would you just give up on the idea, or hope you could change their mind? or.....

catnapper
05-16-2010, 08:34 PM
If your partner did not want children, and you really did, would you leave them, or not marry them or stay with them, or would you just give up on the idea, or hope you could change their mind? or.....

I'm lucky because my husband and I were on the same page from the very beginning. Too many couples get tied up in this dilemma.... have this conversation early or you're in trouble!

Do you belive long distance relationships work?

carole
05-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Hmm yes and no, for me it did not, i had a long distance relationship with an american some time ago now,it really depends on a lot of factors really, but in some cases yes it can work.

Do you think it is necessary for each partner to have separate interests?

CountryWolf07
05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Absolutely. I think it's what keeps the relationship interesting sometimes - that we can TALK about different interests.

What is one thing you would like your partner to work on to improve himself/herself? It has to be a positive thing!

catnapper
05-17-2010, 06:58 PM
What is one thing you would like your partner to work on to improve himself/herself? It has to be a positive thing!

His confidence!!!!

Whats the most important attribute in a mate? (Sense of humor, intelligence, hard working, etc)

CountryWolf07
05-17-2010, 08:04 PM
His confidence!!!!

Whats the most important attribute in a mate? (Sense of humor, intelligence, hard working, etc)

Sense of humor, hard working, intelligence, and HONESTY are important to me.
What are your most important attribute(s) in a mate?

Werona
06-20-2019, 04:55 AM
I'm a little jealous of women who have good husbands. Now I actively communicate on a Dating site and use USA Singles online (https://datehookup.dating/usa-dating.htm) to find a good man for marriage. What to do? I don't have much time to meet people at parties or other events. But I really want a family and children.