PDA

View Full Version : Tink was trapped!

happylabs
05-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Came home from work today and my usual routine is to give the cats their dinner of canned food. Sometimes Tink doesn't come out if she is sleeping in her closet so I didn't think anything of it. This was about 5:00. My daughter came home from work about 15 minutes later and we ate our dinner. Usually by this time Tink will come out but it was an icky rainy day so I thought maybe she was hibernating. Then I heard a noise upstairs and I knew the other 3 were downstairs. Rach went up to find she had accidentally closed my little baby Tink in the extra bedroom and she had been there since about 11 this morning so she had been in there about 6 hours!

I am always telling my daughter to make sure no one sneaks in there if she goes in. We use the room for storage. Anyway, I was upset that Tink was stuck in there all day. Every time I think about it tonight it bothers me. I know she is fine and everything but still bothers me. Thought if I wrote about it maybe I would stop dwelling on it. :(

Laura's Babies
05-12-2010, 06:57 AM
LOL! I know how you feel. I have a storage room too, that I have accidently shut mine in and also from time to time one gets shut in my closet. The last time one got shut in the closet, it was Boo and she was in there ALL day! Only when I went to bed in there did I hear something messing with the closet door and realize Boo wasn't on the bed with me.. Man! Did I feel really BAD!.... (and I had looked for her all through the day and couln't find her)

Anikaca77
05-12-2010, 08:06 AM
I think this has happened to all of us at one point or another and yes we feel bad for them but they get over it a lot quicker than we do I think.

I know I've accidently locked our kitties in the closet for a few hours and I just feel terrible about it and sometimes we do a head count just to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be.

Freedom
05-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh yes, it happens, around here it is closets and almost always it is nosy Sparkle! That girl has to check inside EVERYTHING! She has also learned to open the new kitchen cupboards (floor level, not up on the counter!) but can't seem to get herself out again. So she sits and bangs it until we pay attention and go find her.

It is annoying and funny more than anything. You are lucky she didn't need the litter box in all that time!

happylabs
05-12-2010, 08:28 AM
It is annoying and funny more than anything. You are lucky she didn't need the litter box in all that time!

I actually did not even check the room after my daughter let her out. I rarely go upstairs in my house. The upstairs is just two huge bedrooms and a bathroom. Since my daughter is 20 now it is sort of her own personal space. I asked her to check to see if Tink did a piddle or poopy but I don't remember getting a response.

Tinky was fine last night and this morning. She came to cuddle in bed a little so she wasn't mad at me. :p

Taz_Zoee
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh yeah, this does happen. And usually its harder on us hoomans than it is on the kitties.
Taz was locked out in the garage and in the spare room over night. He was also closed in a closet a few times (he was nosey just like Sparkle ;)). And Paizly was shut OUTSIDE over night last year (just a day after I lost my Taz).
Then Taz also slipped under the house through the crawl space when a cable tech and Bruce didn't close it up right away. Bruce had to go under with a storage container to get him out.
After all these incidents, they seemed to be just fine. Even Taz after the under the house episode. He was shut in a storage container and dragged across the rocky ground. When I opened the container I expected a freaked out cat. Instead he casually jumped out and sauntered around like he was KING! :)

I'm sure Tink will be fine. And I'm also sure this won't be the last time it happens. They are so quiet and can slip right by us without us noticing them at all. This is why I check for the cat(s) before we leave for the weekend. Taz was almost left outside (he snuck out the front door) all weekend. Luckily Zoee chased him back to the door.

catmandu
05-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I have a small place so this does not happen a lot, but I have closed the door to the enclosed porch or the Ebony Beau Tubster Memorial Enclosure and have left the Tubster Panther out in the cold as hes so quiet , and being black is easy to miss.:eek::eek:
We are glad that Tink is all right, our Ctas are so adaptable and forgive us our mistakes easily:love::love: