PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of Spook: Mailbox Follies

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I had to share a cute Spook moment...

Often, Spook follows me to check the mail. Today, a lady in the neighborhood happened to walk by with her very large dog. Ive seen the dog before and he's friendly and well mannered but Spook doesn't know this! She did't hiss or anything though, she just hid behind my legs with her tail puffed up about three times its normal size. I looked down and said "Spook, lets go!" and walked up the sidewalk and she followed...tail puffed and looking back every few seconds to make sure the dog wasn't following. I wish I had gotten a picture lol.

Laura's Babies
05-12-2010, 06:59 AM
TO funny! Who would think to take a camera to the mailbox? Maybe Spook won't be so fast to follow you to the mailbox again.

Freedom
05-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Oh that is a wonderful story!

kokopup
05-12-2010, 08:29 AM
This was a special moment that was not lost because you were there to take it in. I often wish I had a recording device recording every thing that goes on between Rascal and Koko. These moments are not wasted but I still wish they could be shared by everyone.

catmandu
05-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Thats so great that Sppok knew that you were there to protect him, and you were there in case that Dog was not a Cat Lover.
He knows that His Meeowmie is always there to keep Her Spook safe and sound.:love::love::love:

happylabs
05-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Great story! I can just see the puffed up tail in my mind too because I have seen my cats do that on occasion. Did the dog show any interest in her?

lvpets2002
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
:eek: WoW I am suprised she didnt run off to the house without you.. Too Funny.. Yes from now on Camera in Hand when we go to the mailbox ok..

DJFyrewolf36
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
The dog is very well mannered...makes me think his person has cats or at least has taught him how behave. He didn't even tug at the leash walking by. There are a LOT of indoor/outdoor cats in this neighborhood too...if a dog got excited over every one I think the poor person at the other end of the leash might lose an arm! :rolleyes: :D