PDA

View Full Version : All those poor Christmas pets...

catnapper
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Tis the time of year for the Christmas puppies and kittens to be passed on to someone else now that their utter cuteness has worn off. :mad:

In the past week alone, I have seen too many "7 month old (fill-in-the-blank) in need of good home" postings on Freecycle. I want to email each and every person with a nice rant, but decide its not worth my time because they won't get it. :rolleyes: :mad:

Medusa
05-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Sad, isn't it? So many want kittens, puppies and babies and not cats, dogs and children.

Karen
05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Thankfully, pets rarely appear on our Boston Freecycle. For Boston in a few weeks will be the end of the semester and the students all embark for parts unknown, and shelters get an influx of small animals that work in dorm rooms ...

lvpets2002
05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
:rolleyes: Yup they are on MW Freecycle all the time.. What really chaps my Arreess is for the person so say oh my dog had pups or my cat had kittens && you ask well are you going to get the momma fixed now.. They say no that would be just too cruel.. Oh I just go GRrrrr:mad: & just want to dump some choice words.. But I dont & just say well its not cruel to spay or nueter.. I do make it noted that its cruel to lets them keep having babies..:( Some people I just dont understand & I guess I will never..

moosmom
05-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Personally, I think any and all animal movies, i.e., 101 Dalmations, Marley, should be banned. People go out and buy these animals as puppies. Once they lose their cuteness, off to the shelter she goes. Makes me sick.

TamanduaGirl
05-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Personally, I think any and all animal movies, i.e., 101 Dalmations, Marley, should be banned. People go out and buy these animals as puppies. Once they lose their cuteness, off to the shelter she goes. Makes me sick.

They would just get the cute animals in ads and tv shows, okay ban those

They would just get the cute animals they see online, okay ban all media sharing of animal photos

They would just get the cute animals they see when out and about, okay ban pets in public.

So then I guess you could just keep pocket pets but then they might get the cute pet they see at friends house or in the pet store.

So I guess that leaves banning anyone keeping pets. That would solve the problem in the long run.

I don't think you can stop one thing by banning something else.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-12-2010, 07:45 AM
They would just get the cute animals in ads and tv shows, okay ban those

They would just get the cute animals they see online, okay ban all media sharing of animal photos

They would just get the cute animals they see when out and about, okay ban pets in public.

So then I guess you could just keep pocket pets but then they might get the cute pet they see at friends house or in the pet store.

So I guess that leaves banning anyone keeping pets. That would solve the problem in the long run.

I don't think you can stop one thing by banning something else.

We used to have to have a dog licence and the cost of that would often put people off getting a dog. There should be some sort of regulation to make sure that a prospective owner can't just buy an animal on a whim............

smokey the elder
05-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Feh...this is why we're very careful adopting out cats around Christmas and Easter. There are typically very few kittens available (too late at Christmas; too early at Easter) so that at least is self-limiting.