PDA

View Full Version : Took out the camera...

dab_20
05-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Finally took out the camera yesterday... been awhile since I've taken any pictures with it. I was reading up on my photography forum and found something called Custom White Balance (white balance is the setting on your camera that makes colors look the way you see them, usually auto settings are wrong and you can get reddish or bluish pictures). Anyways, wanted to try it out, and of course the pups were my willing models! Springen is here this weekend so I got some of him too! Unfortunately it was in the house and the lighting was dark, so I missed my focus in some of them... but I like them anyways! Springen's turned out the best because he was being really still... Molli and Sam had to be right next to me and kept moving.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/P1011540.jpg
Sweetie Sam
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/P1011536.jpg
Little Molli girl
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/P1011512-1.jpg
My favorite, Springen watching out the glass door
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/P1011507.jpg
Sunbathin'
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/P1011501-1.jpg
Sad eyes, I like this one because you can see his beautiful red color
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/P1011542-1.jpg
Sam's eyelashes are so cute...

That's all for now!

Karen
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Awww, how nice that you had a willing and nice variety of models. Good work!

MonicanHonda
05-09-2010, 05:12 PM
I do love Springen's pictures. Lol I love the floppy jowls that spread out when they are on the ground. SO cute. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Those are great shots!!! I've never heard of a boxer being still though!;) What great models you have! :)

dab_20
05-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the comments :)

Those are great shots!!! I've never heard of a boxer being still though!;) What great models you have! :)

Haha, well it takes A LOT of work to get him to be still! Lot's of runnin' time! He's currently dancing around the living room swinging his rope to around hehe... who needs tv? :D

chocolatepuppy
05-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Very nice pictures! You had great subjects to work with!:)

Vette
05-10-2010, 04:01 PM
His eyelashes are cute! :D i also think his somewhat shot whiskers are as well :love:
i also really like the sunbathing picture :)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Haha, well it takes A LOT of work to get him to be still! Lot's of runnin' time! He's currently dancing around the living room swinging his rope to around hehe... who needs tv? :D

Haha! Boxers = comedy central channel on 24/7! :D

lizbud
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Really great pictures with good detail in each.:) Beautiful models too.:)
What brand of camera are you using?

dab_20
05-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Kaitlyn... That is definitely true! He cracks me up all the time! That's why I love this breed:love: Just plain happy dogs. At my brothers apartments a lot of people actually avoid coming into the dog run when we are in there! They look at him like he's a "dangerous" dog. Are you kidding me?? He's gotta be the biggest goof ever. Poor bud, I hate people who judge like that. He loves other dogs. (other than the snapping thing in my other thread, he's actually seeming to get over it now!)

lizbud... I have an Olympus Evolt E-500... it's a DSLR. I like Olympus because it tends to generate vibrant colors and picks up details really well in dark lighting, which other brands may not do as well. It can be a bit pricey though on accessories such as lenses and such.

dab_20
05-11-2010, 12:05 AM
His eyelashes are cute! :D i also think his somewhat shot whiskers are as well :love:
i also really like the sunbathing picture :)

Hehe thanks. Cocker's eyelashes actually keep growing! They can become a couple inches long! Our groomer clips them every time we bring him in hehe. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Boxers are what I and a lot of other dog lovers call "the clowns of the dog world"! They are so goofy!! My aunt has one, Bella, I've never met her though. It is always unfortunate when people judge dogs (or anything for that matter) just from what they've heard or seen. Glad to hear he's gotten over his fear of other dogs, that was quick!:)

dab_20
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh they definitely are. SO entertaining lol.

Yeah, I mean he hasn't seemed to snap at any other dogs. He has doggy dates every day with many of the dogs around the apartments. Pretty much everyone has a dog, most of them are large because of the perfect locations for running and biking with their doggy companions. Springen has become best of friends with a pure white husky pup... I think she's a little under a year. They're so cute together :)

buttercup132
05-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I love your brothers Boxer!

Alysser
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I love all of them, but Springen is OMG way too cute...reminds me a bit of Mikey! I love the shots though, I think they all came out great. I hope you post some more soon. :)

dab_20
05-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys! Alyssa, I know, I think Mikey kinda has a boxer look to his face. So cute!

Unfortunatley, Springen got sick again this past week. :( (We've been dealing with these mystery illnesses since we got him, every few weeks it comes back) They disappeared for nearly six months, and we thought it was over! He is already better as of Friday, but this is so frustrating. :( We cannot find a vet who cares enough to really found out what's wrong with him. They just charge us hundreds of dollars everytime we go in, throw some steroids and pain pills at us, and say this should help. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
05-15-2010, 08:05 PM
What great photos and what beautiful models! Thank you for these! A big prayer for good health for Springen, too :)

dab_20
05-18-2010, 04:40 PM
What great photos and what beautiful models! Thank you for these! A big prayer for good health for Springen, too :)

Thank you :)

Miranda_Rae
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
My goodness they are so cute!!! They make me want to curl up with them in a bed and cuddle!!! BTW, yo uare a very good photographer! :)

kaycountrygal
05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Verrrrry nice! Great photos; I enjoyed them very much. Cute dogs.

charlie116
05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
How did u get your pics 2 show up in the post like that? I posted but I could only get my pics 2 show up as attachments...

Anita Cholaine
05-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Nice pics! And it's so good that you get to practice your photography skills with such gorgeous pups.

How's Springen doing? I hope he's getting better from his illness, send some kisses to him from me :)

dab_20
05-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone!! The pups sure appreciate your nice comments :D
Anita Cholaine... Yes, he is all better... we're just worried he's going to get sick over and over again like before! BTW... nice to see you on here again! It seems to me I haven't seen you post for awhile?

dab_20
05-30-2010, 03:13 PM
How did u get your pics 2 show up in the post like that? I posted but I could only get my pics 2 show up as attachments...

Basically you need to create an account at an image hosting site... I use www.photobucket.com... many others use Flickr. Than you can get a link for use on message boards. Look it up on google.. I'm sure there are many places that can answer your question better than I can. Welcome to PT.

charlie116
05-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Anita Cholaine
05-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone!! The pups sure appreciate your nice comments :D
Anita Cholaine... Yes, he is all better... we're just worried he's going to get sick over and over again like before! BTW... nice to see you on here again! It seems to me I haven't seen you post for awhile?

Poor guy, I hope he doesn't get sick again. And yes, I hadn't been posting for a really long time! I've been coming and lurking a bit though, it's good to see how PTers and pups are doing :)