PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa takes a stand for animals

kittycats_delight
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Here is the original story though it is in italian
http://www.cani.com/pet-news/_master-pet-pillole2.asp?id_vetrina=603

Cani qualcuno finalmente ha detto basta

Pet news - cronaca mercoledì, 28 Aprile, 2010

In un mondo che insegue solo ed unicamente il profitto, qualcuno ha avuto il coraggio di dire basta! La compagnia aerea Lufthansa ha deciso che non trasporterà più cani e gatti destinati alla sperimentazione. La notizia è stata diffusa dalla Peta, organizzazione non-profit a sostegno dei diritti animali.
La compagnia aerea tedesca è stata la prima a raccogliere l'appello dell'associazione ambientalista che aveva mostrato le foto di 50 beagle terrorizzati che Lufthansa stava trasportando in un laboratorio scozzese, per test su veleni e pesticidi. Di qui la decisione di cambiare politica sull'argomento.
Finalmente qualcosa si sta muovendo nel riconoscere i diritti dei nostri fedeli amici! Speriamo vivamente che questa strada venga percorsa anche da altre compagnie aeree.

Translation:

Dogs, someone finally said enough

Pet news - news Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In a world that pursues only profit, someone had the courage to say enough! The airline Lufthansa has decided it will not be handling dogs and cats for experimentation. The news was released by PETA, non-profit organization in support of animal rights. The German airline was the first to raise the appeal of the environmental that showed photos of 50 terrified beagles that Lufthansa was carrying to a Scottish lab where they would be used for testing poisons and pesticides. Hence the decision to change policy on the subject. At last something is being done to recognize the rights of our faithful friends! We hope that this road is traveled by other airlines.

lizbud
05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I applaud their decision.:) Why do European companies always seem to
take the lead in social consciousness? Good for them.:)

phesina
05-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Hooray Lufthansa! I really, really hope this news gets out all over.

moosmom
05-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I hope word travels like wildfire.

dab_20
05-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I applaud their decision.:) Why do European companies always seem to
take the lead in social consciousness? Good for them.:)

I've gotta agree with you :rolleyes: On all different subjects...

This is great! Hope others take their example as well ! :)