PDA

View Full Version : Garden Thursday - #377!

RICHARD
05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Too many of you are secret garden people!

I think a 'gardening' Thursday is in order!

We do have the "Mario Memorial Garden" to look after!

And Karen's Tomato/Rye sandwich has inspired me!

I am going to have cheese quesadilla with a tomato/cucumber/basil salsa on the side......some smoked ham and salmon, and a gin tonic.......

DUDE!;):):D

DONE!

Karen
05-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Quesedilla, please! No allergies here, so bring on the extras, too!

And let's plant several varieties of tomatoes in the Mario Memorial Garden, shall we? I know Lady can do some digging ....

RICHARD
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Quesedilla, please! No allergies here, so bring on the extras, too!

And let's plant several varieties of tomatoes in the Mario Memorial Garden, shall we? I know Lady can do some digging ....

DONE!

Save my aged vertebrae?:)

Lady's Human
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
You would post this on the week I'm busting my butt to get the garden planted.

I'll take a large Long Island Iced Tea, and some marinated ribs.

RICHARD
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM

I told you, I read minds!:confused::eek::(

LIIT and marinated ribs.

DONE!

And a helping paw..Lady? Gitcher reer owt dere!:eek:

Lady's Human
05-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Lady ain't helpin me wif nuffin.

Someone's still miffed that I made her stinky.

RICHARD
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM

There is nothing more deflating than scrubbing up the dog, then watching them push their head thru the wide open spaces?

Come here Lady,
I don;'t care what you smell like.:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-06-2010, 01:55 AM
I think a 'gardening' Thursday is in order!

... some smoked ham and salmon, and a gin tonic.......

DUDE!;):):D
DONE!

How deep do you plant that stuff?

The PIG might be OK ... but doesn't the Phish get "root-bound" ??

:p

Queen of Poop
05-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Won't be any gardening going on here for a while. Gardens are covered with snow and ice right now and it continues to come down today. It's below zero this morning so I'll start off with a nice cup of hot tea. Anyone else?

Bonny
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Queen of Poop, I'll have a hot tea with you. It was a long winter here too. Cold nights & frost keep bouching up gardening here.

lbaker
05-06-2010, 11:50 AM
80 degrees, sunny, low humidity and gorgeous here!! :cool::cool:Oh how gay for a day in May :rolleyes: Really though, May is beautiful in this DC area with azaleas, tulips and wild flowers all over the yard. BUT, ahem... our veggie garden on the other hand just isn't taking off as it usually does. Allow me to lend a hand or two in our Thursdays garden. If we can even grow pigs and phish I just know I'll do better here :D:cool:

Laurie

lvpets2002
05-06-2010, 12:41 PM
:cool: Heryy herryy Did someone say they needed a garden planted & wanted some Long Island Tea.. Me tooss & I will get the Orc to help with the garden.. Orc get the Bar Keep to get us some LIT & Ribs.. Yumm:p No Orc we dont need the Water Megga Blaster Yet.. But soon..:p

Catherinedana
05-06-2010, 12:43 PM
You can skip the g&t for me...I'll get overheated working out here in the hot sun.

My garden is a wreck after this past winter and will probably take me two seasons to clean up. LEAVES EVERYWHERE!! I could mulch the entire state of Florida!!! Waaaaah!

I planted ornamental cabbages. . .can't eat those but they're so COOL! The squirrels ate the strawflowers. Stinkers!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
No fish for me but the rest of it sounds yummy!
I was going to plant maters in a pot on my porch but we are to have really low temps the next few nights. Guess I'll wait until next week or maybe next summer. Yea, next summer sounds better!!!

Can I have a root beer float and 4 cnt too?:D

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
After 9 years here, my husband has decided he's taking on the deer and seeing who will win. We've had our veggies in planters on the deck due to the wildlife; he is digging out a garden at ground level for veggies and cutting flowers. It will have an iron fence...we'll see who wins!

SO, barkeep, he'll need a beer with his quesadilla and salsa. I'll have a vodka/tonic with mine, please. Thanks!:)

pomtzu
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
After 9 years here, my husband has decided he's taking on the deer and seeing who will win. We've had our veggies in planters on the deck due to the wildlife; he is digging out a garden at ground level for veggies and cutting flowers. It will have an iron fence...we'll see who wins!

SO, barkeep, he'll need a beer with his quesadilla and salsa. I'll have a vodka/tonic with mine, please. Thanks!:)

But how is Hannah going to play with the tomatoes now???:confused::confused::p

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Hannah's tomato planters will still be there this year, he has them planted, because the garden is only about 2/3 done (and there's no fence-that's key). As you can imagine, this is a BIT of work!

RICHARD
05-06-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL, my dill is sprouting and I put down some cucumbers a few days ago.

Pom,

fun will find a way!!

DONE!

PM,

Quesdailla, salsa and a V&T!

DONE!

MOFF,

Rootbeer float and 4 CNTs..

DONE!

CD,

a mulching shovel?

DONE!

LP,

Ribs and LIIT!

DONE!

Hi LB!

Wanna LIIT?

DONE!

Bonny and QoP!

A pot of tea to share?

DONE!

C&S,

Ya bury the fish beneath the corn!
LIke the Pilgrims!

DONE?:D

cassiesmom
05-06-2010, 08:15 PM

Lady, you can sit next to me if you like. I don't mind if you are stinky.

I got the planter out again for a new catnip plant. Just waiting for the garden center to get them in. I think I'm going to try growing basil in a pot this summer too. My mom has dill in her yard (well, actually, it's in the neighbor's yard, but grows through the fence). I like dill with fish.

Richard, could I have iced tea, please?

RICHARD
05-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Lady, you can sit next to me if you like. I don't mind if you are stinky.

I got the planter out again for a new catnip plant. Just waiting for the garden center to get them in. I think I'm going to try growing basil in a pot this summer too. My mom has dill in her yard (well, actually, it's in the neighbor's yard, but grows through the fence). I like dill with fish.

Richard, could I have iced tea, please?

Yes you can!

DONE!

Plant your catnip where the cats cannot get to it.
I have a plastic water jug where I grow my CN and there is a bald spot where someone naps inside!:D

cassiesmom
05-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Plant your catnip where the cats cannot get to it.
I have a plastic water jug where I grow my CN and there is a bald spot where someone naps inside!:D

It's in a pot on the balcony, but Cassie knows it's out there, so she sits by the sliding door and meows for me to cut some and bring it inside for her. And I'm her servant, so I do :rolleyes: