PDA

View Full Version : Koko is 5 years old Happy Birthday!! 5/5/05

kokopup
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Koko came into my life on September the 5 in 2005. This incredible little puppy just walked out of one of my trails and into my heart. You could tell from her appearance that she had been on her own for a while. I think when she arrived at my home she had made up her mind that this should be home. After sleeping on our porch for several days we decided to take her to the Vet to have her checked out and see if there had been any reports of a missing brown pup. The Vet said she was about 4 months old so we decided that May 5th would be her birthday. We posted signs in case anyone was looking for her and prayed that no one called.. After a couple of weeks, I'm afraid that if the owner had called we would have said she ran away. She had definitely stolen my heart and has kept it to this day.

I don't think we rescued Koko as much as she rescued me. I was at a low point in my life after going through Cancer treatment. The treatment left me with many side effects that I was having trouble coping with. I believe God sent this little angel to rescue me from my despair. I thank God for sending me Koko because she has been a true blessing in every way.:love::love:

chocolatepuppy
05-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Happy Birthday Koko!!!:D You're a beautiful girl! I know you'll have a special day!:)

Lilith Cherry
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Happy birthday to one special Pup!
Enjoy your day, Koko!

Queen of Poop
05-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Happy Birthday Koko. Big HUGS from me!

Pinot's Mom
05-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Happy Birthday, KoKo!! You are indeed a special pup and deserve a special day! Have a great one! :)

Freedom
05-05-2010, 08:00 AM
I don't recall reading that story in the past. Sounds like God sent you an angel in your time of need.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KOKO!!!

Taz_Zoee
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
What a wonderful story! Happy Birthday Koko!! :D

Randi
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday, Koko! How lucky that you stole your daddy's heart and was able to cheer him up! I believe you are getting spoiled like you deserve in return. :) You're a beautiful girl and deserve to celebrate all day with lots of treats. Have fun! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Happy Birthday KoKo!! I hope you get spoiled on your special day!:love:

kokopup
05-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks everyone for Koko's birthday wishes. She has had a great day so far with a nice long walk on our trails. We went to Tractor Suppy, one of her favorite sniffing places, to do a little shopping. I just gave her free rein so she could sniff to her hearts content. Her favorite isle as expected was the dog food isle with the the toy isle coming in second. This being a pet friendly place they gave her a Chewy Pepperoni treat at the checkout. :)

boomersooner
05-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Happy birthday little Koko Pup!!

cassiesmom
05-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Happy Birthday, Koko! You and your daddy helped each other, what a great story! Please have your dad give you a big hug from me for your birthday :love:!

MonicanHonda
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
What a wonderful rescue story... on both of your parts. :) Happy Birthday Koko!!!

kokopup
05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
One of the side effects, caused by Radiation , makes it difficult to be understood a lot of the time. I do believe that Koko is in sync with my thoughts because she understands me even when I'm having an off day. I don't have to be embarrassed with her because even if I'm not understood she never gives me that look , As if to say "what language is this". All I get is a big smile and a big wag. :D:)

lvpets2002
05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
:love: Happy 5th Birthday Koko & Have Many More.. hope your dad gives you belly rubbss & pup treats all day..

Daisy and Delilah
05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOKO !!!!!! Sorry I'm late but this is a chance to celebrate some more!!!
Enjoy, sweet girl!!:)