PDA

View Full Version : Luna going to have a little sister next year

Kirsten
10-19-2002, 10:58 AM
My Luna, 2 1/2 years old, has been a single cat all her life, but she has enjoyed to play with her little kitty friend Cleo who was the cat of my sister in law. Unfortunately, Cleo has been killed by a car when she and Luna were about 1 year old. From that day on, Luna doesn't have anyone to play with, but I think she's still missing that. I have no probs to take her with me when I'm visiting friends or my mother, and whenever there is a cat in the household, she seems to be friendly and curious and walks over to the cat without hesitating, she's very positive about feline contacts as it seems. Unfortunately, the resident cats consider her being a rival and act from unfriendly to aggressive, so Luna hasn't found a new friend after Cleo's death.

Since I'm living in a very small appartment, there is no room for more than one cat, otherwise I would have got a little playmate for Luna a long time ago. But now I'm going to move into a bigger appartment in December, instead of only one room, I'll have 4, and now I can finally get a second kitty for Luna to play with.

I hope everything will work out fine, but I don't think Luna is a cat who should be a single cat. She has become lazy and it's not easy to motivate her if she does not want to play, I think she's just bored. So hopefully another kitty will cheer her up. I was thinking about getting a kitten next year, I think that's the easiest way to make them adjust to each other. I hope Luna and that future kitten will become good friends!

Kirsten

RockyRoad
10-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Awww, lucky Luna!! I'm glad you are going to get a bigger home and a bigger family! I wish I could get another cat, but Sally is not the kind of cat that likes house-mates, and she already has one, a big, hairy one who likes to bite her when she walks by (no it's not my sister lol I had to say that), Lady!. and her part-time home she shares with Floppsy outside. She is a busy cat!

Karen
10-19-2002, 11:18 AM
How exciting!!!!!! :) Look out, Luna, life's gonna change!

Cookiebaker
10-19-2002, 11:25 AM
Yea, Luna! That will be so much fun for you! Congratulations on your new apartment, also!! :D

Former User
10-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Kirsten, I'm so happy for you, first, because you get to move ot a bigger place (we still have to wait till next summer *pout pout*), and second, because you are getting another cat. I'm sure you'll love it, and Luna too. And it will be good for her too, as you said. The other one will keep Luna activated and busy. I bet she will love a new friend.
Congrats for getting a bigger place, and a new family member (well, eventually) :)

Randi
10-19-2002, 02:22 PM
Kirsten, that's great! I'm sure Luna will agree! :D Congratulations with your new apartment - so nice to get some space! :)

Kirsten
10-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your congrats everyone! :) Yes, I hope Luna will be happy about a little sister, but I think even when they need a break from each other, the appartment is big enough for them to go their own ways.

Kirsten

Logan
10-19-2002, 04:38 PM
I'm glad you're doing this while Luna is still young, Kirsten. My Mimi was not a happy camper when we tried to introduce a new kitten about 7 years ago. Dwayne was a rescue (we got him at three weeks old), but we eventually had to rehome him because Mimi lost her mind about him. But, as Mimi has gotten older (she's 13 now), she has settled down, and when Butter showed up here year before last, she never liked him, but tolerated him, and still does. She is not good friends with him. She hisses at him every time he is near her. But, she does co-exist at this point. I hope your experience will be much better with Luna. I'm sure it will be! :)

jenluckenbach
10-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming move and on you new kiity-to-be!

Can't wait to hear all about the new adventures.

AmberLee
10-19-2002, 09:47 PM
We're really excited about the many upcoming changes in your lives! Yes, do keep us posted.

Kirsten
10-20-2002, 06:31 AM
Thanks everyone, I'll keep you updated! :)

Logan, I think a lot of people are making this experience you have made, and some cats don't even co-exist, they keep fighting. I can see this in the two cats of friends of mine; even though they are old now, they never learnt to accept each other. I hope I'm more lucky with Luna and her future sister. Like I said, she's very interested in other cats, but most of the time, she met them in their territories, so I don't know how she will react when she has to share hers.

Kirsten