PDA

View Full Version : Rally brag!

wolfsoul
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
This last weekend was Visa's and Tandem's first rally-o trial.

Tandem (now 11 months old) qualified all three times! I'm very proud of him; He has only taken 9 classes (once a week -- would have been more if I didn't skip so many LOL), and God knows I don't train at home until a couple of days before an event LOL. I'll admit, our very last time we went into the ring, he was bored and distracted, and I honestly felt a bit bad about getting our title after (what I thought was) such a poor run. But we made it, so I guess I can't complain. Tandem is now (Can Ch ptd) Uniquity's Two For the Show RN CGN!
Visa (even though I trained for rally several years ago) has never been trialled. I haven't done any formal training with her in almost two years (the classes she was starting were cancelled of course), so wasn't too sure if the excitement of competing would make her difficult. Well, she got two q's, and the only reason she didn't get the third was because I am one BIG screw-up. It was her BEST run, and I went ahead and missed FOUR signs. WHO does that?! I hated myself for that -- she would have titled her first weekend trialling if it weren't for me. Oh well. Next time!!!

Both dogs will be learning CARO advanced rally now, and I'm hoping to finish their CKC rally excellent titles this year.. other than that I'll be finishing both Visa and Tandem in the show ring, specialing Tandem, and I'm going to start trialling Visa in agility this year and training Tandem for agiltiy in the fall. Busy year with my two! I also have a grey tervuren here for training. We're enjoying his company, but I must admit, one more dog is a handful!

Thought I would share! I *should* have pictures soon (my friend took some)

caseysmom
05-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Congratulations you should be very proud!

chocolatepuppy
05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Congrats! Please hurry with the pics!:D

Freedom
05-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey, you, Tandem and Visa did fantastic! What a great start for all 3 of you. You should be proud, of your training, and of your dogs.

As I recall, and ONE of yours is more "dog" than my 4 put together, he hee. So having 3 big dogs, yup, that is a handful!

cloverfdx
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Way to go Jordan, Visa and Tandem. That is a great effort :).

bckrazy
05-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Omg! YAY Tandem and Visa! :D That is awesome... especially with so little training. Those are some clever Belgies you got there.

I'm doing rally-o with Fozzie, too. We've done matches but I'm too much of a puss to trial him, isn't that sad? Maybe I will after hearing how well you guys did.