PDA

View Full Version : what are your favourite sounds....

carole
05-01-2010, 10:20 PM
It could be anything, for me there are several, the sound of seagulls at the seaside, the sound of waves crashing, the purr of my cats, the rain on my tin roof,so wondering what sounds do you enjoy apart from music.?

Karen
05-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Thunderstorms
Storm winds
The hush of falling snow
The coo of mourning doves

and soooo many more

Grace
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
The purr of my cats

The sound of the surf

Mozart's music

kokopup
05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Sounds of water in a rocky brook or over falls

thunderstorms

800 hp race engine.

rain on a tin roof.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-02-2010, 12:13 AM
The rain on my window at night when it's pouring outside
The music that plays when Criminal Minds is on, like right now!:D

moosmom
05-02-2010, 07:19 AM
The ocean and thunder storms with lots of rain!!

Bonny
05-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I love the sound of spring early in the morning as the sun is coming up with
song birds singing away.

In the dark of night the sound of frogs after a spring rain.

In the winter months the sound of the wind whistling & snow blowing against the house.

My grandson yelling Gramma when he sees me & wants my attention. :)

sirrahbed
05-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Early morning birds - songbirds, garden birds, mourning doves - heard all of this this morning :)

cassiesmom
05-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Cat purrs (especially the low-volume ones that tell me she's really content)
The beginning of a great song on the radio
My dad's laugh
Waves at the lake

cassiesmom
05-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Early morning birds - songbirds, garden birds, mourning doves - heard all of this this morning :)

Me too ... and it was dark out ... and then Cassie started to pester me for breakfast, stinker! ;)

Taz_Zoee
05-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Ok, everyones is nature related. Mine is not and I'm sure many of you will think I'm crazy! :p

The sound of a soda can opening. :o

catnapper
05-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Purr of the cats is definitely #1, followed by kitty "murps" - those little half meows that always sound like a question.

Cameron's giggle. Especially the one he makes when its a "that is silly!" giggle (there's different giggles for different occasions ya know ;))

Cats thumping down the hallway after each other

The hum of the ceiling fan (or just about any white noise. I fall asleep in a second with the fan on)

Silence after a major snow storm and the only thing you hear is the sound of your boots crunching the snow.

Pouncer's snore. And the moise made by the flick of his ever-twitching tail.

On another note - the sound I hate: Hubby's text message alert tone. grrrr.... its drives me nuts! :rolleyes:

caseysmom
05-02-2010, 12:28 PM
The sound of a foghorn and waves crashing

Pembroke_Corgi
05-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I love sound of the wind rustling leaves! It sounds different every season, too. In the summer it is more of a soft sound and in the fall it's more crinkly I guess. :)

Rain hitting the window and thunderstorms.

I also like the sound of trains going by and my daughter laughing.

RICHARD
05-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Any airplane engine.

Scooter's Mom
05-02-2010, 03:31 PM
The sound of a purring kitty.
Oreo & Jadie's snores.
the sound of waves crashing onto the beach - brings back memories of Cancun.

anna_66
05-03-2010, 07:14 AM
The sounds of the race track (cars starting, tires being taken off and put on, how they sound when they rush by you-gives me chills just thinking of it!)
Sounds like this:Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-uoCcpNsAYeah, I know I'm a weirdo!

My fan when I'm in bed at night.

Oddly enough just having the tv on is calming to me.

carole
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Funny you should mention a fan, i have one going every night summer and winter, i cannot sleep without it now, ye i enjoy the sound of it too.

And for opening a can of soda, well i can relate to that , we have this lovely drink called Chi here, it is a carbonated drink with chinese herbs and kiwifruit etc in it and my favourite, i have mentioned it before, and when you open it , it makes that noise like when you say Chi, i also love the sound of that, so no you are not so weird, or else i am too lol.:):D

Trinityagain
05-04-2010, 09:51 AM
first, the non wierd sound: Zingo's purr....it rumbles through the room, I especially love it at night, after the lights are off and he just starts that engine as he is settling in...

Now for the wierd one...keeping in mind I am a Civil War re-enactor...the firing of the cannon and the muskets when the guys are getting ready to skirmish.....

Karen
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
The sounds of a baseball game on the radio on a summer (or in my case spring-that-feels-like-summer) night

Vette
05-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Sounds of a truck with some nice glass packs reeving or idling. or some sweet sounding car engines reeving or idling.

LOL only thing that came to mind cuz a lot of other stuff has already been listed :D

Lillycat
05-04-2010, 01:16 PM
........hitting on a tin roof........what a lullaby to sleep on.......

Anikaca77
05-04-2010, 01:45 PM
first, the non wierd sound: Zingo's purr....it rumbles through the room, I especially love it at night, after the lights are off and he just starts that engine as he is settling in...

Now for the wierd one...keeping in mind I am a Civil War re-enactor...the firing of the cannon and the muskets when the guys are getting ready to skirmish.....

I'm not sure where you are from but Boalsburg, PA does a lot of civil war things and on Memorial Day they hold a huge event of course because it's the birthplace of Memorial Day.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-04-2010, 02:09 PM
The sound of the Chuck-Will's-Widows at night.

Zippy
05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
the ocean
purring cat
rain

Taz_Zoee
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
And for opening a can of soda, well i can relate to that , we have this lovely drink called Chi here, it is a carbonated drink with chinese herbs and kiwifruit etc in it and my favourite, i have mentioned it before, and when you open it , it makes that noise like when you say Chi, i also love the sound of that, so no you are not so weird, or else i am too lol.:):D

Thank you Carole!! :D I'm glad I'm not alone. ;)

Vette
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
When a little dog sneezes or has hiccups(so cute) :D
helicopters. they sound friggin' cool

RICHARD
05-04-2010, 11:26 PM
When a little dog sneezes or has hiccups(so cute) :D
helicopters. they sound friggin' cool

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36946312/ns/local_news-los_angeles_ca/