PDA

View Full Version : Almost lost Buddy...

happylabs
05-01-2010, 01:12 PM
My daughter moved back home from college for the summer yesterday. She got everything out of the car first and piled it on the deck. Bud was watching from the sliding door the whole time.

http://happycats-buddy.com/bubba.jpg

When we finally started taking things inside I said to her be careful, don't let Buddy out he is hanging by the door. I no more than got it out of my mouth and he zoomed out the door and under the deck and disappeared. My heart sank. I NEVER let him out without his leash.

We walked around the house for about 10 minutes and couldn't see or hear him. She said, don't worry, he will be back. Well, I of course started thinking of the other cats on PT that went missing for days and weeks. I was immediately heartbroken. I got the smart idea to get in my vehicle and drive out to the road and come back. The minute I started up my car he popped out from under the deck and Rach grabbed him. Whew!

Happy Ending! :)

Queen of Poop
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh Buddy, not funny giving meowmie a heart attack like that! Sneaky boy!

Donnaj4962
05-01-2010, 02:01 PM
WHEW! Glad he knew he should peek out and see where Meowmie ws going!

Buddy... no more scares, okay?!?!:eek:

catmandu
05-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Theres an irrestible urge for indoor Cats to want to be out, especially if its warm. :eek::eek::eek:
Old Joseph wanted out so I put him out in the Ebony Beau Memorial Shelter.
The last time he was out, he got homesick and wanted back inside fast.
Maybe a Porch Cat scared him in.
Hes far too old a Cat to be fighting with young Strays.:love::love:

Medusa
05-01-2010, 04:01 PM
So his curiosity kept him from getting killed instead of curiosity killing him. Good deal! :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Whew! I'm glad that you were able to catch him so quickly.:)

My cats were trying to get outside today on my balcony and I won't allow it any more because the last time Sky decided to walk along the railing and I'm on the second floor. He scared me to death.:eek: