PDA

View Full Version : This is the saddest thing I've ever seen. Warning: LES

Medusa
05-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Cat gives cardiac massage to his injured girlfriend:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DGAaH_HlUD68&h=96079

Catty1
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
How so very very sweet - and SO sad. I couldn't watch the whole thing....:(

Dear kitty, I hope your broken heart heals...

king2005
05-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Not to be a mood killer, but he was trying to get her to mate with him.

Medusa
05-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Not to be a mood killer, but he was trying to get her to mate with him.

Uh huh, someone else said that, too. I know the part to which you're referring but cats will do that to each other to relieve aggression as well. It isn't always a sexual thing. He wouldn't allow anyone near her for two hours.

sasvermont
05-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I couldn't watch much of it at all. I am not sure about the mating thing, as I did not watch it all. I watched until he settled down next to her, just a few second into the video. I saw nothing that looked sexual to me. Whatever.

I couldn't stop crying so I stopped watching. It broke my heart.

It said it was filmed in Turkey. I suspect many cats are strays there and have very rough lives.

Gosh, I can't tell you how upsetting that was to watch. I am just a softie. I have to turn off some Public TV programs when the little antelopes are being attacked by the lions etc.

Thanks for sharing that Mary, however it upsetting it might be, it was very real.

:love:

P.S. Prue, my new puppy just licked the tears that were on my cheek....made me cry more....

king2005
05-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Uh huh, someone else said that, too. I know the part to which you're referring but cats will do that to each other to relieve aggression as well. It isn't always a sexual thing. He wouldn't allow anyone near her for two hours.

I've reread this thread several several times & I don't see anyone else stating that it was a sexual thing, just me...

It was more then 1 part that made me think sexual.. The body posture (his back feet), the humping, & the neck bitting is what told me it was a sexual thing.

Medusa
05-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I've reread this thread several several times & I don't see anyone else stating that it was a sexual thing, just me...

It was more then 1 part that made me think sexual.. The body posture (his back feet), the humping, & the neck bitting is what told me it was a sexual thing.

No, the comment wasn't in the thread. Someone said it to me that saw the video. I know which part to which you're referring but it's the entire video that enables one to see that it's trying to rouse the cat and get it to respond. It's clearly grieving.

SAS, I know how you feel. I couldn't watch it all the way to its entirety the first time. I, too, have difficulty watching the type of TV show that you mentioned, especially the animal cop show. It's just too heartbreaking. I decided to post this video b/c it demonstrates that animals have feelings b/c there are too many people who don't hold that belief, that just think of them as "dumb animals". Certainly no one on PT feels that way but perhaps someone will view the video and pass it on. It's a real eye opener, I believe.

carole
05-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I did not see it, i am on dial up, too slow, but someone mentioned cats getting a rough life in Turkey, i once saw a documentary, and apparently they treat them very well in Turkey.:)

moosmom
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
I started watching it until I saw the tire and burst out crying. That poor cat lost the love of his life. How sad.:(:(

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Well I'm pretty emotional today so I'm going to pass on this video for now but my prays are going out to the kitties.

Melissa

IRescue452
05-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Sounds like mang behavior to me too. Sorry, I do believe animals are far more intelligent than scientists give them credit for, but cats don't know what cardiac massage is.

Husky_mom
05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
the humping & the neck bitting is what told me it was a sexual thing.

I saw that too...

maybe the kitty lady was in heat when she sadly passed and he just did not know what to do.. although he seems rather concerned as to why she doesnīt wakes up..

it was very cute yet sad when he just laid beside her...

not sure how it happened.. she was between parked cars... she couldīve been hit by a passing one, but gladly none of that is in the video...