PDA

View Full Version : I have added to my little family

sasvermont
04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, I did it. I have a new puppy. She has been with me for almost a week. She is an 11 weeks old Tibetan Terrier. Her name is Prue. No, I don't have any new photos of her. I have attached a little one, taken two weeks ago.

I have fallen in love with Prue. She is nearly potty trained and is really in love with her crate and walking on a leash. I know I have her first year ahead of me, but so far, and according to her Mom, she is a laid back puppy and was the smartest of the litter.

I have posted this on the cat side of Pet Talk, because that is where I usually post.

So.....here she is. The second photo is of some other dog, but is how Prue will look when she is an adult. She will be on the large size since both her parents were large for their breed. Her color is brindle. They are called terriers but don't have a terrier personality or disposition. She seldom barks and is not high strung at all! Her name is really Prudence. I didn't name her but thought Prue was a cute, short name and it took some pressure off me to come up with some silly name....that didn't collide with my cats' names.

By the way, she is fine with the cats. They have had their moments, but in general, they all have a healthy respect for each other.

Juni took off for three days right after Prue arrived but came home Wednesday night..... and has been oh so friendly to me..... as though I HAD BEEN GONE!

catmandu
04-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi Prue!:love:
What a Great Little Pup you are Prue :cool: and we bet that your Fellow Fur Companions will just love you, and that you will all be Friends very soon, and will be playing together!!:cool::cool:
A Good Dog is worth his weight in Gold!!:love::love:

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Awww, she is adorable!! I can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows up! :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Congrats!!!:D She's adorable and I'm glad that she and the cats are getting along fairly well.:)

Karen
04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Aww, and you should post about her in Dog General, too! :) Congrats!

smokey the elder
04-30-2010, 12:02 PM
How are the cats doing with her? What a cutie she is.

Barbara
04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I was going to PM you today as I wanted to know whether Juni was back. I am so glad to hear she is!
But now to Prue- she is simply adorable- looks like a toy to me now.
I think the kitties will see that a puppy is just like a not-so-well educated baby kitty and they will show her the ropes;)

Medusa
04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Aw, what a cute li'l fuzz nugget! :love:

cassiesmom
04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Welcome, Prue! What a cutie you are!

I have a family friend who is owned by a Tibetan terrier who has a very busy schedule of eating, napping, looking out of her window at birds, keeping her people company, more napping ...

Cataholic
05-01-2010, 05:31 PM
What a cutie! I love the name Prue, too. I am sure, with time, a pecking order will develop. Sadly, Prue will be on the lower end. :cool:

I have never had problems with the younger puppy and cat intro. Right now, I have two 8 month old aussie x, and a shep/collie 'dog' and all is well.

Freedom
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey now you get to post on Dog General as well! He heee.

Prue, you are a very lucky pup, joining a PT household. SNUGGLES!

phesina
05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
What an adorable addition to your family! Welcome home, Prue!

chocolatepuppy
05-01-2010, 07:50 PM
What a cutie!!!:love:

Logan
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Sallie Anne! This is wonderful news! Makes me so happy to see you with a puppy to complete your household. I'm so glad your Juni came home. I'll bet they will be good friends before it is overwith.
Helen, my daughter, sent me a message this morning and said that Baby Mack (our bulldog) and Bo Bagley, one of our kittens, were in the kitchen playing together this morning. That is a first! I'm so glad that Bo took the initiative to be Mack's friend. I think Mack misses Butter who was his buddy. Bo prefers the dogs to the rest of us, but that's ok. The Goldens think he is wonderful, rubbing all up around their faces, and maybe Baby Mack will be the same way.
Congratulations on Prue! What a sweetheart! :love:

Vermontcat
05-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Congratulations on the cute new addition!:D
I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now, my schedule has been very busy lately.
You know that if you don't post more photos of Prue that I will have to visit you for a photo shoot so Pet Talk can see more pictures of her.;)
Does she like riding in the car? Maybe we can meet at Petco or you can even take a road trip down here this summer. It will be a few weeks before my schedule has more free time, I hope to come up and visit or meet the little cutie on a road trip this summer.:)
Any updates on how she is getting along with the kitties?

lizbud
05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Congratulations on the new addition.:) More pictures will be most welcome, later when you have the time.:)

ChrisH
05-06-2010, 04:57 AM
How wonderful! :D What a cutie she is too. :love: Congrats! :D

MoonandBean
05-06-2010, 06:41 AM
What a little cutie! Congrats to you and Prue! She sure got lucky finding a wonderful mom like you!!

moosmom
05-06-2010, 09:59 AM
What a cute dog!! Where'd you find her??? I hope Juni is forgiving. Dogs are dumb and forget easily. Cats?? Not so much.

Cookiebaker
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
oh my goodness, SAS, that is such exciting news! :D You definitely need to dust off the camera ;) :D Congratulations!!!!

kimlovescats
06-04-2010, 09:06 PM
She is precious! Congratulations!:D

catnapper
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Congrats -- she looks sooo cute from the itty bitty photo :)

You also got lucky to get a laid back puppy.... but what I always told my classes, "watch out when they turn 12/13 weeks old!" The devil takes control of them for some reason that week. Feel free to PM me with puppy questions if she gets too much for the kitties. I have lots of experience with Callie and the cats.

Randy_K
06-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Cute little puppy! I know Abys won't let a simple dog get the upper hand so there's no worry there. Juni must have been in a real snit to disappear for that long but probably discovered there's no place like home.