PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Linus UPDATE 5/5/10

doolittleky
04-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi, I had to take Linus to the vet today. He was admitted for acute kidney failure. I am so scared I am going to lose him. I lost Fiona suddenly just last month. That was very traumatic for me. Could I ask you all to please pray for my boy Linus to get better so I can take him home where he belongs.
Linus is the orange cat in my sig.
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I'm also so sorry to hear about Fiona's passing.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

katladyd
04-30-2010, 12:30 AM
I hope Linus gets better quickly and comes home to you for more years of love.:love:

Sonia59
04-30-2010, 03:54 AM
We are crossing paws and fingers for Linus.

Medusa
04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Prayers going up for Linus and you right now. Keep the faythe. :love:

Pinot's Mom
04-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Aww, Linus, get better and come home to Mom, sweetie! Prayers....:love:

Queen of Poop
04-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Prayers and purrrs from us for Linus.

catmandu
04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Poor Little Linus :(
We are so sad to hear of this and we pray that Linus :cool: is going to be all right, and that your white coat will be able to cure your Heart Cat!:love:
Our Awesome Orange Angels Army are coming to be with Linus:D to bring him snacks and treats and take him tio their Big Party on Cat Island, and then bring him back.:)
All My Orangies Miquelito , Mchael and Sir Lawrence are Praying for Linus:love: to be well again.:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I will keep Linus in my thoughts. And I am sorry to hear of Fiona's passing.

Catty1
04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Prayers for Linus. I hope this can be managed and he has a long, comfortable and loving time with you.:love:

Anikaca77
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Prays for Linus.

Melissa

maerlyn
04-30-2010, 12:35 PM
I once had a Linus, and my son also, so the name is special to me. I have just said a prayer for him.:love:

phesina
04-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Prayers for Linus, that you will get better enough to come home to your Meowmie and family who love you so very, very much.

I also just lit a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10707749

That's the only candle there now, I found! (I'm sure these no longer stay lit for the 48 hours they say they will these days..)

Love and healing energies to sweet, beloved Linus :love::love::love::love::love::love:.

cassiesmom
04-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Prayers for Linus, and another candle.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10707815http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10707815

Karen
04-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Prayers for Linus.

kb2yjx
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Definitely prayers for Linus...

chocolatepuppy
04-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I will keep Linus in my prayers.

doolittleky
04-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Thank you all so much for your prayers. They have helped so much. Today when I saw him he looked much better. The vet said he ate some food and has been wanting attention. She said she was really surprised that he rebounded so fast let alone at all. I was so happy to see him. I was so scared and worried I was going to lose him. I am hoping he continues to improve so he can come home and I can love him for years to come. Thanks again!
Melissa

katladyd
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank you for the happy update. I am still going to keep praying until Linus is safe and healthy, at home!:love:

CultureJunky
05-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Poor Linus, I am thinking of you and sending thoughts to you to get you better for yourself and your meowmy :)

Barbara
05-01-2010, 05:39 AM
I don't know how old Linus is or how his kidney levels are. If it is now that you learned about his kidney failure chances are his levels will go down and he will have a long time to live.

carole
05-01-2010, 06:52 AM
I am thinking of you and Linus, i know how scarey it is to hear this diagnosis Melissa, been there ,done that, but i also know with great care, and medical intervention Kidney kitties can live for a long time, I am hoping Linus is in the early stages and will soon be feeling much better, take care both of you.:):love::love:

doolittleky
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
hanks everyone for your continued prayers. The vet called me this morning and said that she did bloodwork on Linus again today and the values are half what they were. Barbara, the vet had told me what the numbers were the first time but I can't remember. All I know is she said she had never seen values so high before. She told me that she didn't want to send him home just yet. She was going to keep him at home with her for the weekend and try to wean him off the fluids. Also she was going to give him some meds for the diarrhea he has been having. She told me that she has Linus in one of her bathrooms and when she came to check on him early this morning at 3, one of her cats had apparently caught a mouse and killed it and brought it in and was playing with it and it had somehow gotten under the bathroom door and she found Linus sitting up on the carrier looking at it like he was scared of it and didn't know what it was. She was laughing. I told her that Linus had always been a baby. Anyway, I hope he keeps improving so he can come home soon. Thanks to everyone again for all your prayers.
Melissa

Barbara
05-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I think it is a very good sign that the levels got so much lower. Linus will have to live on a diet and maybe you can learn how to give him fluids by yourself.
Filou survives now on 5 years of fluids and is 14 by now. He will not live much longer but he had a purrfect life until then.

Randi
05-02-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm sending lots of good thoughts to Linus, glad to hear his numbers are down. :) Perhaps a special diet will help - and of course fluids.

Kisses and scritches from Fister and me - and hugs to you. :love:

MoonandBean
05-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Prayers for Linus!!!!!

doolittleky
05-02-2010, 03:56 PM
The vet left a message on my phone today that Linus doing ok and she has started to wean him off of fluids and is waiting to see a stool to see if the diarrhea has improved. Barbara, unfortunately I have given fluids before so I already know how. He is eating a different food, one for the kidneys. The hardest part is going to be when he comes home and he has to eat one food and all the others eat another.
Melissa

doolittleky
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Yesterday Linus had a real bad day. When I went to visit him before work, the minute I saw his eyes I news he wasn't doing very well. He wouln't even respond to his name or get up. He had a fever that was caused by the new iv. The vet took that out and gave him penicillian and said his fever should start coming down in a hour or so. I was very upset, thinking I was going to lose him. Today the vet called and siad she did bloodwork again and his values are still a little elevated but she said that might be as good as they will get. She said she wanted me to take him home today and see how he does. I have to give him fluids subq once a day and he is on two different meds. I have to take him back in a week to have his bllodwork done again. Hopefully he will hold his own and get better. He has to get use to a new food that is for his kidneys. Please wish him well and that I have him for many years to come. Thanks again for all your prayers for him. I appreciate them so much!
Melissa

katladyd
05-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Sending up prayers for you beloved Linus. I hope he makes a full recovery and has many more years with you.:love:

Medusa
05-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Prayers going up for Linus and you.....Keep the faythe.

3Catcondo
05-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Sending prayers your way for you and Linus. I hope he starts feeling better quickly and that you will have many more years with each other.

kb2yjx
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Many prayers for Linus....

phesina
05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Many prayers and healing energies being sent for Linus.

momcat
05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Prayers are already being prayed for sweet Linus. Sending him lots of get well soon gentle lovies :love:

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
More prayers for poor little Linus, get well, sweetie.:love: