PDA

View Full Version : Eating out: Your favorite place!

DJFyrewolf36
04-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Eating out isn't that great...its expensive and is a sure fire way to kill a diet. But there is a place near my house called Fisherman's Market that I just have to go to at least once a month, if not twice (or three times :o) My favorite thing is the Captains Platter, it has calamari, cod, fries AND shrimp with cole slaw. It is sooo yummy and feeds me all day!

So what is your favorite place and what is your favorite dish?

DJFyrewolf36
04-29-2010, 07:22 PM
And I totally do not know why this ended up in the DH...could it be moved please or is high fat and high carb food DH worthy nowadays ;):D

Marigold2
04-29-2010, 09:34 PM
I like to try new places, I don't like chains to much. I enjoy the little out of the way mom and pop resturants that have unique items. Although I love Olive Gardens Chicken Marsala and Brown Bag Burgers and Aladdins is always fun. I love the Fatosh Salad. Sorry about the spelling. They also have a wrap with chicken and fried turnips I believe with garlic mayo.

caseysmom
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Sorry about the spelling. .

Which one? There were a few.

Taz_Zoee
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
This could be DH material!! :p
We go to a local pub in town usually every single Friday night. They have the BEST burgers! It's called Massés. :D I won't get it tomorrow night though. :(

There is also a very good Mexican place we found and frequent now. It's called El Tapatio. I'm sure there are lots of places by that name. But they have excellent food.

Ok, I haven't had dinner yet and my tummy is growling. So I must leave this thread now! :)

shais_mom
04-29-2010, 09:52 PM
lol- not for sure why its in dog house either
My favorite place changes so much.
I LOVE crab legs and sushi - but haven't had crab legs forever.
I love Olive Garden Soup and salad and their Zuppa Toscano soup and mussels.
gonna have to think some more. :)

caseysmom
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't like to eat out much, I would rather buy a great steak and throw it on the grill, I am sort of phobic about what goes on with my food that I cant' see:eek:

Freedom
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Didn't we have a thread like this a while back? And the responses look SO familiar, am I dreaming?

There is a local restaurant, Davenport's I enjoy. They have 2 locations, one just a mile from me. Good service, desserts made there, and the selection is great! They also have seasonal menus. The Wednesday special is Southwest Meatloaf. Two HUGE slices covered with with BBQ sauce, fried onion rings -- made there, NOT from a can! Bacon and cheese. Oh my, it is heavenly! I get it with their spinach ) steamed, with garlic, olive oil and cheese sprinkled over it, and sweet potato fries. Either their carrot cake ( enormous slice!) or grapenut custard heated with whipped cream for dessert. YUM!

cassiesmom
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Hee hee, I just like food :) I like the Olive Garden's soups, and I had a yummy grilled chicken barbecue salad at Chili's last week. There is a local Irish restaurant called Ballydoyle that has super-yummy corned beef sandwiches and IRish potato soup.

Marigold2
04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Of course your favorite is the all you can eat.
Which one? There were a few.

Karen
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
I moved this to General.

shais_mom
04-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Of course your favorite is the all you can eat.

:confused::confused::confused:

caseysmom
04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

She is done insulting mexicans and people in vegetative states and she has moved on to those she thinks are not the perfect weight:rolleyes: What a lovely women she is...some things are more important than ones skin color or weight, ones empathy and kindness which you are sorely missing, I pity you marigold, you must be very unhappy.

shais_mom
04-29-2010, 11:52 PM
She is done insulting mexicans and people in vegetative states and she has moved on to those she thinks are not the perfect weight:rolleyes:

oh well she must be insulting me as well then b/c I am certainly by no means at the perfect weight -most people aren't.
Now I know why I don't frequent PT much anymore.

caseysmom
04-29-2010, 11:57 PM
oh well she must be insulting me as well then b/c I am certainly by no means at the perfect weight -most people aren't.
Now I know why I don't frequent PT much anymore.

The majority on here are very kind people don't stay away.

shais_mom
04-30-2010, 12:11 AM
The majority on here are very kind people don't stay away.

:love:thanks!:love:

Karen
04-30-2010, 12:12 AM
She by no means is a majority here! And we're always glad when you stop by, Staci!

DJFyrewolf36
04-30-2010, 12:22 AM
My threads are usually kind places...*hugs*

Sirrahsim
04-30-2010, 12:43 AM
So, back to FOOD:D

Since arriving here in Germany I have only tried a few places but my all time favorite so far is a Turkish place called City Grill. My husband and I went and ordered a Doner kebab that was SO good that I can taste it just thinking about it. A huge warm pita type bread stuffed with meat and cabbage and feta cheese and veggies and the BEST sauce that has ever touched my tongue. Mmmmmm now I'm hungry for one and it isn't even 8am yet!

Daisy and Delilah
04-30-2010, 01:25 AM
I love a local place called River Grille. My favorite is the salad trio. More a lunch dish. It's tuna salad, chicken salad and shrimp salad on lettuce with tomatoes, melon, red onion, and some delicious sesame seed/poppy seed crackers. I don't love tuna so I usually get them to substitute it with extra shrimp salad. It is fantastic!!
They also have a River Bluff Combo that's to die for. Shrimp, scallops and fish, lightly breaded and fried with red potatoes and cole slaw. Also comes with hush puppies and thier tartar sauce. YUMMILICIUOS!!!!:D

Scooter's Mom
04-30-2010, 02:07 AM
In Yuma, AZ there is a restaurant named El Charro. It's my favorite place to go. The family (in-laws) have been going there since it opened, and even though hubby and I go maybe once a year, the employees all know us and know what we want to order. It's a great place!

There are other restaurants with that name, but they're not the same.

As far as other non Yuma/non AZ restaurants, I think I'll have to go with one I haven't been to in awhile... Mi Tierra in San Antonio. It's awesome!

pomtzu
04-30-2010, 06:22 AM
I don't like to eat out much, I would rather buy a great steak and throw it on the grill, I am sort of phobic about what goes on with my food that I cant' see:eek:

I'm with you on this one, but if I do eat out, it's Red Lobster for me!

She is done insulting mexicans and people in vegetative states and she has moved on to those she thinks are not the perfect weight:rolleyes: What a lovely women she is...some things are more important than ones skin color or weight, ones empathy and kindness which you are sorely missing, I pity you marigold, you must be very unhappy.

Yup - a real class act, that one is!!! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trinityagain
04-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Hoss's Steak House for me. They have an awesome salad bar and they make the best grilled salmon with a dill sauce to dip it in. I tried to get the recipe once but failed :(

Alysser
04-30-2010, 06:29 AM
My favorite restaurant is by far "Harold's", those of you who live in NY or NJ or even PA might know about it. It's in Edison, NJ. The portions feed the whole table, you get a massive amount of food and you ALWAYS bring some of it home. The food is AMAZING, the Pastrami sandwiches are literally to DIE for. The fries are great, and I really enjoy the milkshakes and rootbeer floats.

sirrahbed
04-30-2010, 08:07 AM
I LOVE pub type food best - the sort of things Guy Fieri reports about on the show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We have a local pub called Tickets that has sandwiches to crave!! My favorite is a gyro piled with the shredded spiced lamb, cucumber sauce and onions. Oh yes and battered spicy fries.

For a nicer type restaurant, my favorite is called Abuelos which is a Mexican homestyle restaurant.

The place we go most often is a good ole Bob Evans!!

Trinityagain
04-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Ok had to bring in my second favorite...Cracker Barrel! Espeically in the winter when they have the fireplace going. They have the most amazing bacon, thick cut...YUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Freckles
04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
In Portland a long time favorite is Sayler's Old Country Kitchen! I used to live about five miles away, and now I live 1/2 mile away. Too close, but I only come every two months. My favorite is the T Bone! Hmm, I think I'd better head over there Saturday.

lizbud
04-30-2010, 11:42 AM
My favorite place is P F Changs. Favorite meal there is pepper steak.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I usually don't eat out in restuarants too often. My parents love to go to buffets or I do the fast food type thing a lot.

When I do go to a decent restuarant though I love "The Fish Market" which is in within walking distance from my home. I love the grilled scallops, augratin potatos, and coleslaw. I don't eat there very often because it's kind of expensive but well worth it.

Asiel
04-30-2010, 02:28 PM
A fishhouse that serves just about any kind of seafood I crave. I could live on seafood . If I crave steak we go to a local greek restaurant that outdoes themselves with steak, melts in your mouth everytime.

Karen
04-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Any place that has ingredient information available, so I know I won't get sick from my food.

As far as chains go, Pizzeria Uno is good, as is PF Chang's. Uno's has their entire menu online with ingredient lists as well as nutritional info, and PF Chang's actually has the staff trained to ask, before you order, if anyone in the party has food allergies they need to be aware of.

My food allergies really limit what restaurants I can enjoy.

Scooter's Mom
04-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok had to bring in my second favorite...Cracker Barrel! Espeically in the winter when they have the fireplace going. They have the most amazing bacon, thick cut...YUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!!

During the winter they also have coca cola cake - it's YUMMMMMY!
Their breakfast sausage patties are really good too.

Monday nights are fried pork chops; Saturday is a yummy chicken & rice.
I miss Cracker Barrel.

Daisy and Delilah
04-30-2010, 08:37 PM
How did I forget PF Chang's? I love it!! Best wonton soup in the world. The lettuce wraps are delicious. My favorite entree is the Schezuan shrimp.:)

K9karen
04-30-2010, 10:21 PM
:( Oh Gawd..what I wouldn't do for some yummy Mexican, Turkish, Persian food. Some of each or all together at this point. My ugly ulcer has stopped me from eating almost anything (haven't tried paper yet :D:D:D). Had a pepperoni pizza the other day because I have no control and was feeling terrific. That ended dramatically of course but it was tasty on the way down! :rolleyes:

I have no chain favorites, I love pub food, junk food, I'm not picky. Nothing like a full belly, good company and a fun meal.

Hungry, hungry, hungry, hungry, hungry..............
my kingdom for a chocolate brownie......

Lori Jordan
04-30-2010, 10:25 PM

DIDO!
I'm a terrible person to take out and eat,I check my silverwear and if its dirty i will send it back,And if there is anything funny looking on my dish ill send it back,But i do not re order..Id just be setting myself up.

I think my biggest problem is seeing those TV shows on what happens in a kitchen.

Not to mention i got food poisoning after ordering a chicken dish.I was really sick i dont ever order chicken buy chance im out.I Love cooking,and love home cooked meals.Its so much cheaper to make what you want at home,and gives you a variety instead of having the same things over again.

Lori Jordan
04-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I LOVE pub type food best - the sort of things Guy Fieri reports about on the show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We have a local pub called Tickets that has sandwiches to crave!! My favorite is a gyro piled with the shredded spiced lamb, cucumber sauce and onions. Oh yes and battered spicy fries.

For a nicer type restaurant, my favorite is called Abuelos which is a Mexican homestyle restaurant.

The place we go most often is a good ole Bob Evans!!

I will say some of the food makes you drool on that show,I always have a snack ready when that show comes on,Great Ideas on some shows.

Suki Wingy
05-01-2010, 01:27 AM
I love eating out. I'm not sure what it is, because both my mother and my step-mother cook very well and restaurant quality meals so whichever house I'm at I get something good. I guess I crave the junky food I don't get at home. :p

I'm rather fond of high class establishments like McDonald's and KFC. Hey, I'm cheap! Basically I like diner food and the type of stuff you'd find at a Machine Shed the best, but having been born to a waitress at a small Korean restaurant (with added Sushi bar, oddly enough) gave me a taste for that sort of stuff. I also enjoy stuff like Jimmy John's and Subway.

When I was in Wales I ate a lot of chips and pies from the local chippie since I didn't have too much choice if the Gregg's was closed and I grew fond of those as well.

Heck, I guess the only thing I'm not too keen on is fried fish!

carole
05-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Well it won't mean much to anyone here me being from down under, but i am not one to eat out much, and mainly i like cafes, i love a place here we call THE LILY PAD, it is out in the country, has a great ambience to it, you sit in a area with grape vines above you, and in the winter a roaring fire going, the food it great too, and the grounds have these wonderful tin sculptures and a craft shop which you can buy, there is even a herb garden and small place for children to play, as you enter there is of course a small lily pond,we might go there on Friday for my hubby's birthday.

Suki Wingy you made me laugh, i too am fond of those establishments, well not KFC anymore, but i enjoy Maccas and Burger King and Subway, hubby cannot complain that i am not cheap to wine and dine lol.

davidpizzica
05-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Being in assisted living, we don't go outside for food very often. However we can sign up for an outside activity and enjoy getting out every once in a while. A couple of days ago I went on a lunch outing to Red Lobster. I absloutely enjoyed a lobster PIZZA! Red Lobster has a great menu and great food!

krazyaboutkatz
05-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I just wanted to add that if I go out to eat for breakfast,which is very rare, I love going to Hobee's. I love their cinnamon orange tea and their blueberry coffeecake is the best and they give you a huge piece of it. Yum!!!:) Here's the link: http://www.hobees.com/index.html.

Suki Wingy
05-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Ooh I forgot about breakfast! I loooove this place called Egg Harbor that does only breakfast and lunch and also Perkins is a good place for pancakes. That's another thing, when I was in Wales the people I was staying with found it funny that we'd consider waffles and pancakes breakfast since they're so sweet and bready like a dessert.

Suki Wingy you made me laugh, i too am fond of those establishments, well not KFC anymore, but i enjoy Maccas and Burger King and Subway, hubby cannot complain that i am not cheap to wine and dine lol.
I know Carole, whichever man gets me is going to love how laid back I am at that sort of thing. Although knowing me I'd find the sort of person who's really particular about stuff and has to have everything a certain way when I just want some taters and fried chicken!

moosmom
05-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Okay, maybe I missed something here,, but what Marigold posted, I THOUGHT, was pretty funny. All you can eat...GET IT???? ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! I love all you can eat places. You stuff yourself with all kinds of different foods.:p:p:p

I also love Mexican food. The hotter the better.

Marigold,

For the record, I am NOT of the majority here. I just guess you had to be there. *sigh*

Bonny
05-02-2010, 08:19 AM
About twice a year I do the naughty. I go to Mc Donalds & order a fish sandwich, small order of fries, & a chocolate shake. My husband thinks I am nuts when he asks me where would you like to go out & eat & I say Mc Donalds. He is thinking something more fancier. We eat out a couple times a month & otherwise I have to slop a meal together at home. Ugh! After 41 years of marriage cooking really gets old but we should be glad we have food to eat where in other countries people are starving.

happylabs
05-02-2010, 08:21 AM
lol- not for sure why its in dog house either
My favorite place changes so much.
I LOVE crab legs and sushi - but haven't had crab legs forever.
I love Olive Garden Soup and salad and their Zuppa Toscano soup and mussels.
gonna have to think some more. :)

Just went to Olive Garden last night and got the soup/salad. The Zuppa Toscano soup was AWESOME! I am going to try to make it this week.

Also, we have a Mexican Restaurant near me, Abrana Marie's. All homemade from scratch and the food is top notch! If you ever get to Williamsport, Pennsylvania I highly recommend it.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I love to eat out but we don't do it too often anymore, just because it gets expensive. My favorite place is called Watercourse Foods, which is a vegetarian restaurant in Denver. We also really like a breakfast place called Dozens near us. They have great omelets and home made muffins! Oh yeah, and I also like just about any mexican restaurant as long as they have vegetarian options!

I also like some chain restaurants. I like the veggie burgers and fries at Village Inn, and I like going to Panera Bread for coffee and pastries. :)

Karen
05-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Just went to Olive Garden last night and got the soup/salad. The Zuppa Toscano soup was AWESOME! I am going to try to make it this week.

I used to love that soup, before I became allergic to the greens, and any olive oil or garlic in it.

Cataholic
05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I am so easy to please when it comes to food. Let's see. Panera- I love their tomatoe motz panini, the veggie sandwhich, the tomatoe soup, J loves the smoothies. Chipolte- OMG. I love it there! No beans, no rice, just all the salsas and the onion and green pepper (thank God I don't get heartburn!!). LaRosas (which will mean nothing to people, except maybe Cincysmom :)).

There is a Thai place, locally- wonderful phad thai and veggie spring rolls. Another Thai place with wonderful veggie currey. Heck, just yesterday, I discovered a new contraption at Brueggers....bagel, toasted, then two slices of cheese with tomatoe inbetween, and run it through the panini press! Really, I love most foods. :)

MoonandBean
05-02-2010, 02:15 PM
This thread has made me very hungry :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I love Chipotle too.:) There's one just across from my work so I usually eat there once a week. I love their chicken burritos and since they know me almost too well, I've received a quite a few free meals or just free drinks there.;)

Pinot's Mom
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
My husband and I tend to shy away from chain restaurants (I seem to remember typing this not to long ago here...oh well); wherever we go we like to eat at locally owned places. Here a favorite is a Thai place we use as a fallback ALL the time, as well as an Irish themed place called Kelsey's. At work (lunch) there's a few: Cafe Hon (GREAT salad with chicken salad scoop and a dill vinaigrette), Momma's Cucina (I eat the chicken caesar all the time), Loco Hombre - Mexican.

We do eat out and enjoy it!:)