PDA

View Full Version : Springen Pics and Update

dab_20
04-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Pictures as promised!! Just a little update, Springen is all healed from when he was attacked by the dog a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, he has had some aggression issues since then, which is UNLIKE him. My brothers working with him on that, and he is also getting neutered this week as well! I know, he was supposed to be neutered when we first got him, but with his illnesses and a couple thousand dollars of vet bills because of them, my brother couldn't afford it until now. Springen has not been sick for a few months now! (You may not remember, he had some unknown illness that got him horribly sick every few weeks)

He has also become a naughty escape artist! He hates his kennel, but unfortunately has to be in it while unsupervised. He broke out while he was here this weekend. He knocked the whole kennel over and broke the top off of it while inside!! :eek: And a couple weeks before he undid the latch on the bottom of the door and bent it until he could fit through! He then ripped down all the blinds on the window. Luckily this time he didn't destroy anything :rolleyes: He's been going on a run with my brother everyday, now that it's warmer, so it keeps him out of trouble.... for the most part.

Anyways, enough blabbing and onto pictures!

Handsome boy
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0424001446a-1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0424000920.jpg
How could you resist this face?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0424000924a.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0424001446.jpg

And one of Sam and Molli cuddling in Sam's kennel (a rarity!)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0326001254b.jpg

amberlynn
04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
awww that is just adorable....i know what you mean about the escape artist all my dogs and even my snake escape:rolleyes: but oldest abt is horriable at it....i would come home and the kennel would be in a million pieces and he would be sitting on the bed with his sad little puppies eyes like he missed me or something.....

chocolatepuppy
04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
You're a handsome boy Sprigen!:) It sounds like you're a busy boy too!;) Cute pic of Sam and Molli!:D

luvofallhorses
04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
He is cute! What kind of aggression issues are you having with him if you don't mind me asking? Is it dog aggression? If it is boxers are known to be dog aggressive. :)

MonicanHonda
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
He is so cute. Lol I love that boxer face. :)

cassiesmom
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
How could I resist this face? I couldn't!

Sweet Springen, I hope your need to escape and your aggression issues will continue to resolve. Sounds like the activity is helping. Fingers and paws crossed for you and your caring person.

dab_20
04-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone! :)
amberlynn... oh I know that look! As if they're saying "What did I do??"

He is cute! What kind of aggression issues are you having with him if you don't mind me asking? Is it dog aggression? If it is boxers are known to be dog aggressive. :)
Well he had never ever acted aggressively before. Ever since he was attacked by the dog a couple weeks ago he's just snapped at a few dogs. Like dogs trying to mount him and he will snap at them... which I don't blame him but he never did before. And while he was here this weekend he just all the sudden bit Sam! He has never been the source of any type of aggression before the attack... so maybe it's just some fear or something? He's an unbelievably gentle dog. It could also be because he is still not neutered and he's reached adulthood now.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh my gosh is he cuuutteee!! I love boxers, they are so goofy!

About his aggression, that is common in dogs that have been attacked by other dogs. Especially if he was recently attacked (I remember seeing the thread), it makes more sense. He should get passed it once he realizes he has doggy friends. Good luck to your brother!

luvofallhorses
04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
If he is dog aggressive now, don't expect neutering to help it. Dog aggression cannot be trained out.. it can only be managed. :) We had a boxer at the shelter got in a dog fight with another dog before he came to us and he was really dog aggressive he got a home with no other pets. :) Just don't leave him unsupervised with your other dogs since he is dog aggressive. No dog parks either since you know he is dog aggressive just play dates with dogs he already knows. :)

dab_20
04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
LabLover (Sorry, your name slipped my mind all the sudden!), I think it will be just a matter of time too! Poor guy, I don't blame him!

Luvofallhorses, he's not necessarily dog aggressive, he's just snapped at a couple in the past week. He plays with all the dogs around the apartments all day, and he LOVES other dogs... just never had the snapping thing happen before! Hopefully it isn't the beginning of real dog aggression, cause he's always been great with other dogs! I know, Molli IS dog aggressive with larger dogs, except with Sam, and I just have to avoid situations with her.... I don't think there is any curing it.

luvofallhorses
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
I would just watch him closely with other dogs then. :)

dab_20
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I would just watch him closely with other dogs then. :)

Yeah definitely. I get sooo mad when people know that their dog is dog aggressive and still allow them at dog parks! And it's so frequent, I don't even go any more. I won't be one of those owners for sure.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Unfortunately, he has had some aggression issues since then, which is UNLIKE him

Understandable really, bless him. He's bound to be a bit on edge and I am sure he will soon be back to his usual loveable self. He is rather gorgeous :love: