PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy - Flame Point Siamese Up for Adoption Anyone Anyone????

Anikaca77
04-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Ziggy is a very sweet and friendly male cat. He will be neutered on May 3rd. Ziggy is currently seeking a loving home where he will be kept indoors. Ziggy has had a rough life so far. He was given to me on April 19th from a lady who was losing her home and barn and Ziggy needed to find a place to go.

Ziggy was taken to the vets on April 20th and he had a skin infection, ear mites, round worms, upper respiratory infection (URI), and eye infection. He tested negative for FIV/FELV and he had some blood work done which all came back normal. Ziggy’s eyes were so bad that they were barley open when I first got him. Now you are starting to see the beautiful blue eyes that he has.

Ziggy was given a dose of revolution, de-wormer, eye drops, and a Convenia shot (which will help with the respiratory infection and the skin infection). Ziggy is litter trained and he loves can food. Ziggy has been given a few toys to play with but he doesn’t really understand how to play since he lived out in a barn his whole life until now. He is very comfortable to be inside and have a nice warm blanket to lay on.

Ziggy is a very sweet older guy estimated around 10 years but he still has a lot of life yet. Please won’t you consider adopting Ziggy? Ziggy is such a sweet guy and deserves a wonderful warm home.

If you can't take him into your home, please try to forward this information on. I don't have a lot of time to find him a home so I'm trying my hardest right now.

My e-mail address is [email protected] m _ [email protected] (close the spaces in between the m _ h Also, I will try to get some better pictures of him.

Thank you,
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I sure hope that Ziggy will be able to find a loving forever home. He sure is a handsome boy and looks like he may be a Flame Point mix of some kind. Good luck.:)

phesina
04-27-2010, 06:36 PM
What a wonderful boy! May you find just the right home, very soon, dearest Ziggy.

I lit a candle for him and for you too, Melissa, for all your help and love for Ziggy http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10687585.

cassiesmom
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I lighted a candle for Ziggy and Melissa, too. I wish his forever home could be with me, but that's not an option with Cassie. He's so handsome!

Anikaca77
04-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you all for your prays, I hope to find him a home ASAP. His expenses are all being paid for by the person who had him since he was a kitten and he is just a sweetheart.

I really do hope that I can find him the right home.

Melissa

catmandu
04-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I wish we could take Ziggy in, hes such a WonderCat!!!
:):):)
Our Awesome Angels Adoption Agency will try hard to find a hme for Ziggy, hes a Special Cat!!
:love::love::love:

Anikaca77
04-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Ziggy will be going to the vets today 1:30 p.m. Since doing his eye meds his 3rd eye lid is still showing. I'm a tad concerned only because he is older now. I hope this is nothing serious. I still want to find him a home but sadly I've had no offers on him yet.

Melissa

katladyd
04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
If I lived closer to you, he would gladly be welcomed into my household! But, Pennsylvania is a bit far from me. I hope and pray this handsome boy gets the loving, furrever, home he truly deserves.:love:

Anikaca77
04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
If I lived closer to you, he would gladly be welcomed into my household! But, Pennsylvania is a bit far from me. I hope and pray this handsome boy gets the loving, furrever, home he truly deserves.:love:

Well if he could do a road trip I'd be glad to let him go but as it stands right now he can't seem to go 20 mins. without getting upset in the car.

Thank you though. :)

Anikaca77
04-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Ziggy will be going to the vets today 1:30 p.m. Since doing his eye meds his 3rd eye lid is still showing. I'm a tad concerned only because he is older now. I hope this is nothing serious. I still want to find him a home but sadly I've had no offers on him yet.

Melissa

I just got back from the vets, boy what a trip. All the way down he seemed to do ok, but he hates the cat carrier. I'm going to have to find a soft cat carrier for him so he doesn't injure his head again like he did today.

The vet stained his eyes to look for ulcers there were no so that's good news! She said they are still pretty irritated so she gave him a new eye meds and hopefully that will help him out.

She said he is still fine to go under on Monday, May 3rd. Big day for him. We are going to continue to put the meds in eyes 3 times a day for about 14 days. So he's going to be staying with us for another 14 days at least. She also took a sample of his hair from the one area on his tummy where I thought it looked a little funny and she said it kinda resembles ringworm so we'll see. They said I should know the results in 10 days. If he has it then we'll have to treat that as well.

I'll post some more pictures of him and in the mean time if you know of anyone who is looking to give him a good home please let me know. I would be willing to bring him to you if you are not too far away.

Melissa

cassiesmom
04-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Bless you, Melissa for taking care of sweet Ziggy!

CultureJunky
05-01-2010, 04:19 AM
What a beautiful sad boy, I hope he gets really well soon and finds a home. I am sending prayers to sweet Ziggy.

Anikaca77
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Ziggy was dropped off at the vets today to get fixed.

I just hope he doesn't get too excited and bangs his poor head.

melissa

jennielynn1970
05-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I hope for your sake it's not ringworm.... that's airborne and will be able to infect your other cats, as it's a spore.

Poor Ziggy.... keep us up to date on his status of health.

Anikaca77
05-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I hope for your sake it's not ringworm.... that's airborne and will be able to infect your other cats, as it's a spore.

Poor Ziggy.... keep us up to date on his status of health.

Really, I didn't think it would be. The vet said as long as I kept him away from the others and they didn't touch his bedding they should be fine. The good thing is I will find out for sure this Saturday. The spot that I thought looked different seems to be healing now so it could of just been skin irritation from the worms or something.

Thanks for letting me know. He's doing so well right now, the sad thing is one eye lid keeps rolling inwards so I'm hoping that the vet will release him in 2 weeks if not maybe surgery might be needed.

Melissa

Anikaca77
05-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm starting to post up flyers but so far no luck.

I really want him to get adopted out. He has a vet appt. on Thursday to make sure his neuter surgery went well and for an all over check up. If you know of anyone who would like a Flame Point Siamese let me know.

Melissa

Anikaca77
05-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Well the most nasty thing happened the other night. My husband was calling Ziggy and I saw something sticking out of his butt. Well I wasn't sure what it was so I told my husband to grab him and he did and I went to pull on it with a tissue and some of it broke off and went back in.

NASTY!

So I called Shirley to ask her about this and she said she thinks its a tapeworm and I asked her doesn't pyrantel take care of that and she said no...so she suggested I save the sample that I got (which is a good thing because I tossed it out) and I took it to the vets last night and they weren't 100% sure it was a tap worm but the vet said it wouldn't hurt to give him the pill so I gave him one last night and in another 3 weeks I'll give him the other pill.

He goes to the vets Thursday night and we will be checking his eye out to see if it needs surgery or not.

Would anyone like to adopt this sweetheart??

He has been out in our living room since last Friday and he's been having a blast so far. He started playing with some of the toys now and 3 of our guys don't really care for him, I'm not sure if it's because he still smells like a male cat or not. He loves attention too just wants to be petted and everything, he really is a good boy.

Melissa

Anikaca77
05-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Ziggy went to the vets last night for his 2 week checkup from his neutering and the vet said his area is looking good :)

As for his on eye, the vet wants to give him another month to put on some more weight because if she does this tuck surgery and if he puts on weight he's have to have it redone but she said it looks like he will need the surgery for his eye.

I'm currently looking for a home for him and figured after he has this eye surgery if he has to then I'll adopt him out after that's over. But for right now he's at our place just chilling out.

Melissa