PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Travel!

Sirrahsim
04-27-2010, 04:19 AM
Our car finally arrived here so we are ready to start our travels! This weekend we are heading to Koln (Cologne) Germany to visit the Chocolate Museum, among other things.
Next weekend we are heading to the Netherlands! We are staying up there for two nights and plan to visit the Kuekenhof Gardens, Amsterdam, and anything else that catches our eye! I'm so excited!! I will be taking lots of pictures!

wombat2u2004
04-27-2010, 06:16 AM
I will be taking lots of pictures!

For us to see ??? :D

Sirrahsim
04-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Nahh I was just going to tease everyone with the knowledge that I had them!:D

Freedom
04-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh oh oh, how exciting! I did one of those whirl wind (if this is Tuesday it must be Belgium) trips in 1990, and loved all those places!

Cologne, the cathedral is massive! I've not seen anything like it!!

And the perfumeries there are really interesting! Scent 4711 was the big deal in 1990. EVERYONE wanted me to bring some back for them, he hee. I remember they sold gift packs with a dozen small bottles, each one fit in your palm and you could close your fist over it. So I got 2 of those to get everyone their token he hee.

If you have time in Amsterdam, take a canal cruise / guided tour in English of course. We learned SO much!!!

And I've likely said this before. If you are in to chocolate and almonds, get some Rittersport bars, with the marzipan filling. It is a dark chocolate. DELIGHFUL and a nice snack during your day.

AdoreMyDogs
04-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Nahh I was just going to tease everyone with the knowledge that I had them!:D

LOL nice :)

It sounds amazing, Missy! Be sure to take lots of pictures then tease us about them :D

Randi
04-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree with everything Freedom says, except the 4711 scent - and in my opinion the dark blue Ritter Sport is the best, but you can get that in Germany too. Ohh, you must try some cookies called Jules Destrooper - the flat ones with almonds in! :p

Amsterdam is a wonderful place, in fact very similar to Copenhagen.

Have fun! :D