PDA

View Full Version : My sister's Clarence

Barbara
04-27-2010, 03:14 AM
This is a very sad story.
My sister Elisabeth lives in Austria in a very nice area on a hill. She has Amber, my mom's dachshund, and Amber lives the life of Riley now and is in great shape for her 8 years.
End of last year, a stray cat showed up in the area. My sister began to feed him and with a little time he would spend the night in the basement - which he could access from the hill side easily. He became more friendly and let himself cuddle- but he never felt well in the house when doors were closed.
As you can see he was not the most handsome of cats- but my sister began to love him very much. She took him to the vet who confirmed he was about 2 years old had him neutered and she named him Clarence - for the squinting lion we all know from a TV series of old (no idea whether it existed in the US).
She was happy when he even became friends with Amber- they touched nosies.
This weekend my sister noted he ate less and just somehow was not ok. She took him to the vet right away.
The vet had to give him anesthesia and Xrayed. She found a big painful and really bad tumor in his mouth which had pushed on the teeth. There was no chance for surgery. With the saddest of hearts my sister agreed to let him not come back from anesthesia.
Now she is very worried that, as a loner and a stray, he may know nobody at Rainbow Bridge- but I promised that Tigris and all the Pet Talk kitties will welcome him with open paws.

Killearn Kitties
04-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Well, I think Clarence is beautiful. :love:

I am so sorry that Clarence didn't have longer, when he had found somebody to love and was obviously happy to be around. He looks a lovely big cuddly boy, and I am so glad that he found your sister to look after him.

My Daisy will welcome Clarence. She was always very sociable to other cats, especially nervous ones.

Rest in peace, handsome boy.

Medusa
04-27-2010, 07:09 AM
I think Clarence was adorable. Your sister needn't worry about him not knowing anyone at the Bridge. My Pidge is there and she was such a sweetheart while on earth that you couldn't help but love her. So she'll see to it that Clarence is made to feel welcome and that he'll be at ease. RIP, cute Clarence. You deserve the good life at the Bridge. :love:

bowlkat
04-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Clarence won't need to worry- my Shadow is at RB- she saved my life, then she saved a half-dozen other stray, feral, timid, terrified cats, befriended them, got them out of their shells and helped them adjust- she was EXCELLENT as a hostess and greeter and special friend and she'll welcome Clarence with open paws. That little cat only lived a short 5 years, she had a massive lymphoma, but she pulled me through the toughest part of my life before she was called home- I'll never forget her- and she'll DEFINITELY be there to help Clarence adjust-

Pinot's Mom
04-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Clarence was a big beautiful boy and I'm sorry for his passing, as well as your sister's grief. Don't worry, I'm sure there is another strong white tom-kitty named CK who has been at the bridge many years and will take Clarence under his wing. He'll be fine - I'm sure there is a whole club of them!

jennielynn1970
04-27-2010, 08:19 AM
What a beautiful boy Clarence was. I'm so sorry he had to leave your sister so soon. :( I'm sure he's at the Bridge and is being welcomed by all the cats and dogs from Pet Talk. I'm sure there are many there who will help him learn his way around.

Play hard at the Bridge, dear Clarence, you will be missed.

catmandu
04-27-2010, 09:23 AM
It will be no problem for Clarence to make friends as there are so many once Stray Animals who are now Awesome Angels in Paradise and they will be there to welcome Clarence. As will all of Our Pet Talker Awesome Angels and Guardian Angels.
Clarence was so lucky to have found your Sister and to have passed on at a Vets , rather than in the wild. There are sadly so many Animals who die alone.
The Porch and Stray Awersome Angels Army have malls over over the World and Today Clarence will be Guest Of Honor at a Special Party in his honor in Jamacia , at the Atlantis Paradise where he will get the first plate at the 100 dollar buffet. They are tickled to know they are staying in suites that cost people up to 50,000 dollars a night.That is so kind of your Sister to give Clarence a home and love him, and Clarence will never forget that kindness and will be there to take Your Sisiter and Family and Pets to the Fanciest Mall in the World to say Thank You for helping a Hungry Cat.
One Fine Day:love:

Taz_Zoee
04-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Clarence is adorable! And I'm sure he will have a HUGE welcoming committee at the bridge. He definitely found the right home to move into.

I'm very sorry for your sisters loss.

RIP Clarence

Randi
04-27-2010, 09:54 AM
I think Clarence was a beautiful boy and I'm glad that your sister and him came to know each other and had some good cuddle sessions before he had to go. How sad that he had to leave so soon. :(

I'm sure there are lots of PT kitties welcoming him at the RB, including Pjevs - and if he get in trouble, he should look for Fister's mom, she can handle any situation! :)

Rest in peace, dear Clarence!

phesina
04-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to learn of Clarence's sudden, unexpected passing. My deepest sympathy to your sister, Barbara, and her family and Amber. God bless Elisabeth for adopting and loving Clarence and giving him such a wonderful home. He knew great love right up to the end, and his passing was peaceful.

Rest in peace, darling Clarence, you are greatly beloved and greatly missed. There are many delightful, wonderful animal angels welcoming you at the Bridge, including my own dears Peony and Priscilla.

Blessings to you all. Thank you, Barbara, for sharing Clarence's story with us here.

lizbud
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
This is so sad to hear.:( Clarence did know he was loved before
he left. You & your sister have my deepest sympathies.:(

RIP Clarence...

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Clarence's passing.:( I think that he was a handsome boy and I'm glad that he knew what a loving home was before he passed on. My Pepper, Starr, and Sunny will be at the Bridge to greet him and play with him so your sister doesn't have to worry about him not knowing anyone or making friends. RIP sweet boy.:(

kb2yjx
04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree with several of the other posts, Clarence was a good looking fella. I tend to think that cats seek us out when they need help, like Clarence did with your sister. He trusted her, and no doubt loved her very much. She was there to help him when he needed it the most. Please let your sister know, that the Campbell Clan Angels were at the Bridge when Clarence crossed and gave him a rousing welcome....Sleep softly, dear sweet Clarence...

katladyd
04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Our beloved pets are never alone. God has a special place in Heaven for beloved pets and those who never got the chance to have a loving home. They could have no better welcome than His loving arms opening the gate and welcoming them home. Clarance was treated with dignity and love, you can be sure of that.

Cataholic
04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Oh, Clarence was a big beautiful boy! He will not be alone. I know a particular St. Bernard that passed, and he, too, had mouth issues. I bet he is already being shown the ropes.

Your sister has my sympathies. I believe Clarence was led to her for a reason.