PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Plans

NicoleLJ
04-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I have been having some fun this weekend with my fiance and his mom. We are making plans for our up coming marriage. No a firm date has not been set in stone yet. We are hoping for the end of August or early September if all falls into place.

We are not planning a wedding really. For the actual marriage we are just going to have some family witnesses and a justice of the peace. He is not a member of my religion and I am taking a break from mine right now as I re-evalute a few things. Anyway we have decided on a party though. And have decided that we do deserve to dress up for it as anyone would for a reception party. This is my 2nd(and hopefully last wedding) and my fiance's first. His mom, who is an awsome seamstress, is making my wedding dress. It is beautiful the one I picked out. Been trying all day to find a picture of it on line but no luck so far. As soon as I do I will post it here. My fiance is Irish. So am I, on my mothers side. He has decided to wear a kilt and that my boys will wear a matching kilt to his. His mom is making these as well.

The party is going to be at his moms house. Nothing formal. Just dancing, kariokee, barbaque and tons of fun with family and friends. I have been having so much fun discussing the material of my dress and such with my future mother in law that I had to share my excitement.

Daisy and Delilah
04-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Sounds like it's going to be an awesome event. My hat sure goes off to anyone that takes on such sewing projects. I can't wait to see the pictures!! Best wishes and Congrats!!!!:)

Lillycat
04-26-2010, 11:47 PM
and the planning is such fun.....enjoy it all!!!

Taz_Zoee
04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
How exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures!! :D

carole
04-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh yes please do share when you have a pic, i love seeing weddings, a kilt you say, i am scottish, i never knew the Irish wore them as well, i just love to see a man in a kilt, when my son went over to scotland he was at my Uncles second wedding and wore a kilt, he actually put it on back to front lol, so had to make some adjustments, i mean a kiwi lad does not know these things .

Looking forward to further post with all the details, thanks for sharing.:)

pomtzu
04-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Maybe I've been leading a sheltered life, but I never knew that kilts were associated with the IRISH either. They've always been SCOTTISH to the best of my knowledge! :confused::confused:

caseysmom
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Irish wear kilts also.

Congratulations I wish you all the best.

pomtzu
04-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Irish wear kilts also.

Well there ya' go - I just learned something new. :D Kilts just aren't something I ever associated with the Irish. DUH on me.........:( Guess that's what I get for being Italian! :eek::p

carole
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Well well i never knew that either, i thought it was our thing, probably the Irish pinched it off us lol.:D now i wonder does an irishman wear the same under his kilt as as a scotsman:D:D

pomtzu
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
now i wonder does an irishman wear the same under his kilt as as a scotsman:D:D

And what would that be, Carole???:confused::eek:;)

I hope the dancing doesn't get too wild at Nicole's wedding. The guests might get quite an eyefull - more than they bargained for with the "kilted" guys! LOL :D I think I want an invitation to the wedding........:p:D

carole
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Well i think you already know the answer to that question lol.:D:D

caseysmom
04-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Thats why Irish eyes are smiling:D

Asiel
04-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Maybe I've been leading a sheltered life, but I never knew that kilts were associated with the IRISH either. They've always been SCOTTISH to the best of my knowledge! :confused::confused:

You don't live a sheltered life at all Ellie--Irish men don't wear the plaid kilts. What they do wear and call kilts is just a cloak of wool with a fur lining (not plaid worn about the waist)
Scottish men who move to Ireland wear kilts because it's their country's dress trademark. You couldn't go to Scotland and not find a kilt in a man's wardrobe. But you would be hard pressed to find an Irish born man wearing a kilt......now you know where my ancestors are from....

carole
04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Ah so the mystery is solved, thanks for that :) sorry we seem to be focusing on the kilts, my fault, now about that wedding, any more things to tell us, did you manage to find a pic of the dress yet? here and waiting for exciting news about your upcoming special day.:)

NicoleLJ
04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey keep the kilt discussion going. I am enjoying every second of it. As for what he is wearing under it.... well.. he says he has nothing to be embarassed about for wearing it traditional style. lol :eek:

Still looking for a picture of the dress.

pomtzu
04-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey keep the kilt discussion going. I am enjoying every second of it. As for what he is wearing under it.... well.. he says he has nothing to be embarassed about for wearing it traditional style. lol :eek:

And when did you say the wedding invitations are being mailed???........:D:D

Pawsitive Thinking
04-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Speaking as someone who clearly lacks the wedding gene ;) I can only say "enjoy every minute of planning the day that you both want" xx