PDA

View Full Version : Product placement?

RICHARD
04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Product placement is a little game that companies play and pay to get their goods exposured in the media.

Remember Reese's Pieces in the movie "E.T."?

Companies pay huge bucks to get a "tie-in" with actors, movies and sport figures.

NASCAR drivers are often seen holding and chugging softdrinks or drive cars with a product prominently displayed on the body.

---------------------------

Some products are easy to spot based on packaging, the shape or colors related to that product.......I saw a study that said that almost every kid on the planet knows that the golden arches mean hamburgers~

So.........Ed usually gets a break from his regular treats, Temptations every few months! I stop feeding him the treats and change it up with a box of Friskies or some other dry food-and put that in his treat bowl. I chane the flavors up every so often and give him something different. I don't want him to get bored with his eating.

I works until I have to get into the cupboard to get something out. Ed comes over and has to check out the offerings inside, he even climbs inside to take a look.

------------------

I went shopping and saw that the little juice bags that kids drink were on sale, so I bought some.

I got home, cracked open a package, froze some and left some in a box for instant consumption.

I went to grab one out of the cupboard and noticed the Edster peering intently at what I had in my hand (Fruit Punch Flavor)...

I told him that he doesn't drink it and walked to the front room to sit down in the recliner.

Ed goes to his usual spot and starts to stare at me.

Hmmm. He usually does that right before he want to nap in my lap.

I let him up, He goes to the juice bag, sniffs at it and looks at me. :confused:

Maybe he wants the straw? I finish the juice, take out the straw, let him sniff it, then I toss it into kitchen for his amusement.

Nope, nothing doing......He sniff the package again and jumps down.:rolleyes::confused:

------------

As I work my way thru the package, Ed has to check out what I am doing-to the point where he has to jump up onto my lap, or chases me around until he finds out what it is.

I finally figured it out.

It's the packaging!

The packs are somewhat similar to each other in shape and size of TEMPTATIONS!

Poor Ed was looking for a treat and here I am, oblivious to HIS NEEDS.

It got to the point where I was sneaking the packs out because ED was following me around everytime I went to the cupboard!

-----------------------

He's not stupid either.

Feeling guilty about teasing him, I went out and bought a few bags of Temptations hung them on the cupboard door.

I went to grab more stuff to put away and turned to see him, up on the chair I placed to put the bags of groceries on.

Back feet on the chair, one foot on the shelf and the other paw swatting at the packages of treats. Which happen to hang next to the same shelf that hold my juice packs..........

I swear, sometimes I think that the cat is smarter than I am.

So, now that he has HIS treats, I can enjoy my treat without feeling guilty.

Owning a cat does that to you.:eek:;)

Freedom
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
:D Good job, Ed, making Richard feel guilty!!!

cassiesmom
04-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I went out and bought a few bags of Temptations hung them on the cupboard door.

I went to grab more stuff to put away and turned to see him, up on the chair I placed to put the bags of groceries on.

Back feet on the chair, one foot on the shelf and the other paw swatting at the packages of treats. Which happen to hang next to the same shelf that hold my juice packs..........

I swear, sometimes I think that the cat is smarter than I am.

So, now that he has HIS treats, I can enjoy my treat without feeling guilty.

Cassie has gotten me into the habit of fixing her dinner before I can fix mine! And I dare not get on the telephone without making sure she has food in her dish or a couple of Temptations or Pounce treats to keep her occupied while I'm on the phone. She's got me trained!

Could you give the handsome, smart Edster a big hug from me, please?

katladyd
04-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Ed is making great progress in training his hooman.:D

catmandu
04-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Well My Found Cats are like the Edster, they want to see and smell everything , it might be something that they would like to share with you!!!
:cool::cool:
And when the KFC and Take Out comes then the Found Cats are out in force.
But I am not a selfish man and Love to Share.:love::love:
They will share with me.
One Fine Day:love:

happylabs
04-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Awwww Ed, you do keep Richard on his toes. I love hearing the stories he has to tell. :)

astrid
04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
That is good human training!! :D

I just love the Edster...
Please give him some kisses from me: :love::love::love:

RICHARD
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I gave the Edster the scritches and hugs from everyone....then, was thanked with this reaction two days ago---

I put the juice packets into the freezer and pull them out to thaw so I can have a cold drink later on in the day.

I yanked one out, placed it on the table and waited....

Later? I walked into the kitchen, picked up the packet from the cool puddle of condensation on the table.

As I held on to the packet, then tightened my grip so I could take off the straw?

The FOUR HOLES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACKAGE squirted all over the place.

Apparently, Someone still cannot tell the difference between juice and treats!:eek::eek::mad: