PDA

View Full Version : Spring is certainly underway ... robin on the nest!

Karen
04-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Not too long ago, I heard birds chirping that sounded very close as I lay in bed early one morning. I went outside when I got up and sure enough, a pair of robins decided to build a nest below the eaves of the house, in the spot where the downspout from the gutter forms a "y" shape as it gets to the straight part.

This is either mama or papa robin on nest duty today, sorry the picture isn't too clear. His or her tail is smooshed up against the house looking like a wren, usually he/she sits sideways so the tail can stick out!

As we have vinyl siding, I am not worried about them doing any damage to the house itself, we'll have fun seeing how things progress!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=2436

phesina
04-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh, my goodness!

Mom or Dad there certainly is concentrating on her/his job there!

chocolatepuppy
04-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Aww, I know you'll enjoy watching the baby birds!:)

Karen
04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't know that we'll be able to see them much, it's pretty high up, but we will hear them! The spot where the nest is is just on the other side of the wall from our headboard. There was somebody on the next most of the times I looked today ...

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Great picture.:) My cats would love to be able to watch this.:)

I think that some birds may have made their nest near the roof close to my bedroom window. Ziggy starts chattering almost every morning while she looks up towards the roof. I look but I never see anything.

Taz_Zoee
04-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Awww.
We have a nest in a bush outside a co-workers window. Last week when the yard maintenance guys came I went out and asked them to not trim that bush. They were very nice and did not touch it. :D I just need to make sure they remember next time they come out. My supervisor thought of making a sign and attaching it to the bush. LOL

lvpets2002
04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
:love: WoW what a stunning pic of this Robin..