PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Birth

Harley
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Two weeks ago, the cat of a friend of mine gave birth to two kittens...one very large and one very small. Sadly, both were stillborn. Then, a week LATER...my friend comes home from church to find that her cat gave birth to ANOTHER kitten! Just born, alive and healthy! Needless to say, she named the kitten Miracle. But she was just stunned. Has anyone ever heard of that happening before? Seven days between deliveries????

Karen
04-24-2010, 05:56 PM
As kittens in a litter can have more than one father, perhaps this kitten was a week behind in conception and development? Still, it's a Miracle kitten to be sure!

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2010, 11:56 PM
No, I've never heard of this happening before. I too agree that it's a miracle.:) I have been told that there really aren't any runts in a litter because the smallest kitten is just the last one to be conceived. As Karen said, they can all have different fathers.

catmandu
04-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Thats wonderful news!!!:love::love:
After losing her first Two Kittens, Our Lord sends along a new Kitten as a gift!!!:love::love:
That indeed is a Miracle, and we pray that we can see photos of theCat Of the Future who is such a blessing.:cool::cool::cool:

freckledimple
04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I haven't heard of it happening with kitties, but I heard a story on the radio recently about some human twins born a week apart:eek:

Kater
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Has anyone ever heard of that happening before? Seven days between deliveries????

Hey there. What a neat story!

It is not considered abnormal for a queen to deliver healthy kittens 1 to 3 or so days apart. However, a week is definitely unusual! My guess would be that the stillborn kittens affected the delivery of this last kitten, Miracle.

I hope your friend is able to spay Momma Kitty. :)

Harley
04-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, Kater....a spay is definitely in the plans. Miracle is doing well, according to her human mommy. From what I've researched online, it's rare but not unheard of to have kitten births several days apart because of different fathers and separate placental sacs. A week is a bit much though...so, this baby is indeed a miracle.

lvpets2002
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
:love: Yes I have heard of this before.. It is very rare.. Yes the conception was later than the others.. For sure this baby is a Miracle.. Cant wait to get to see the pics.. Post pics when you can of baby Miracle..