PDA

View Full Version : New battery in older Blackberry

Catty1
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
My BB has behaved wonderfully. A couple of months back, it was needing a LOT of recharging. I got a new battery, and it was a dud - it got returned.

The old battery worked well - but lately, I cannot receive or return calls, or text. I get skinny blue signal arrows at the top, even though all the bars are full.

Got another new battery...put it in my BB, and plugged the phone in to charge last night.

Red charge light - screen occasionally flashes - still like that this morning.

What am I doing wrong? Should I remove the new battery and reinstall?

I may need to update its OS...but I need a connection cord for the computer to back the files up, right?

Will look for my BB disc...

Thanks for any help you can give! :)

Queen of Poop
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Are you with Rogers? If so call them before you do anything. Do not update the OS unless they tell you to. I did that last September and killed my BB and had to get them to send me a new one. Definitely get a cord and back up you BB now. Recently I couldn't get any email called Rogers they did something in the background and it suddenly worked again. If the old battery worked put it back in as there is an issue with the new one.

Catty1
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I am with Telus. I called when this happened the last time, and they said for me to back everything up. It is on my disc, I am sure.

This is just weird about the battery - AGAIN. :confused:

Thanks!

Cataholic
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
I hate my BB. I won't get another one after my contract expires.

I would NOT back up the OS. BUT, there are sites to go to that allow up to upgrade what you have. You might just be 'old'. Any USB plug works, and I do back mine up occasionally. I have found that unless you are talking to RIM, most people know a little something about the BB- but, no one knows a lot about it. Kind of stinks...I call Verizon (my carrier) all the time and it is often me that figures out the problem- not them.

I had a slowness problem until I got extra memory for my pics.

I had a problem charging. The issues were a bitten through cord and a damaged thing on the device...the 'port' was bent. So, I thought I was charging, but, I wasn't.

Catty1
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Johanna. Actually, I have had very few problems with this. I just need to find my connector cord and I will upgrade from da web.

It's still sitting with the red charge light blinking slowly and the screen flashing occasionally...lol.

At least I can check its voice mail from my landline - it's my business phone.:)