PDA

View Full Version : Happy 10th Birthday, my sweet Luna! (a video tribute for Luna)

Kirsten
04-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Today, April 22, it's 10 years ago that this precious, loving little soul came to this world. It was on Holy Saturday of 2000 that this sweet little kitten was born who moved in with me 6 weeks later, and who was named Luna, like the Goddess of the moon in the sky.

Now, for her 10th birthday, I made a video tribute to express my love for her, and she really seems to feel that because she loves watching it. :love: The song playing is one that was released around the time she moved to my place, and it reminded me of her right from the start:

Luna's Birthday Video (http://www.catmom.de/video/luna_birthday.wmv)

My sweet Luna, I'm so grateful that you are sharing your life with me, and I hope I'm giving you a good life. I'm doing my best to make you happy, and I really really hope that we will have many more years together!! I love you so very much!!

:love: :love: :love:

Happy 10th Birthday, my dear Luna!!

:love: :love: :love:

Your loving mommy,
Kirsten

Randi
04-22-2010, 04:25 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=2431

Luna, when I first saw your sweet face in 2002, I fell in love with you immediately. Today you are 10 years old and as beautiful as ever.

You can spend the big day with your mommy after all!! :) I know she will spoil you with presents, treats and cuddles like you deserve, and Lily will surely be extra nice also. ;)

I wish you many more happy and healthy years!

Kirsten, I Iove the video, it shows Luna in so many different situations and moods - she simply is a beautiful girl.

Kisses and purrs from us.:love: :love:

Kirsten
04-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Oh Randi, that is so sweet! Thanks a lot for this picture! :)

Yes, I'm happy that I can spend the day with Luna! I even talked the surgeon at the hospital into doing the new surgery next week, so I could be with Luna today on her birthday. :D Otherwise I would have been admitted today, but I didn't want that.

Kirsten

Sonia59
04-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Dear Luna, I was waiting for this thread! :D
Happy-happy birthday and many more to come :love::love:

Kirsten, this movie is wonderful! I loved seeing all the pictures of Luna. Well done! Enjoy the day with Luna and Lily :)

Pinot's Mom
04-22-2010, 07:36 AM
I was kind of waiting for it too - I knew there would be a birthday photo or two!

Happy, Happy Birthday Dear Luna!!:D

You enjoy your day with Mom and have many more to come!! Purrs & Headbumpies!

Magge & Pinot-Girl

momcat
04-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Happy Purrthday, sweet Luna :love: :love: :love:

It's so great that you get to spend your special day with Meowmie. I hope your day is filled with lots of your favorite treats, fun new toys to play with, non stop love, and all the things a beautiful kitty girl like you could possibly want!

Sending you tons of Happy Purrthday scritchies, lovies, and smoochies! :love: :love: :love: :love:

happylabs
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Loved the video! I need to learn how to do that. Happy Birthday sweet Luna. Loved the kitten pics at the end. :love: :) :love:

Anikaca77
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Happy 10th Birthday Luna!! I'm so glad you were able to be home with her to celebrate today.

I wish you many more birthday's Luna!

Also, Kristen I hope everything works out well. My prays and thoughts are with you.

Melissa

smokey the elder
04-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Stoopid work server won't let me watch it. *sigh* Happy Birthday, Luna!

Kirsten
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Luna says thank you for all the birthday wishes!!

She just got a special treat, tuna, which is really special because she's usually on her struvite crystal diet, so she enjoyed it a lot.

http://www.catmom.de/pics/luna_bd_1.jpg

She shared it with Lily, who usually doesn't like canned food:

http://www.catmom.de/pics/luna_bd_2.jpg

Luna happily eating:

http://www.catmom.de/pics/luna_bd_3.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pics/luna_bd_4.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pics/luna_bd_5.jpg

I hope Luna wasn't too frustrated when I took the plate away after a while. I didn't want her to eat all at once because I don't want her to get sick. She'll have the rest later. :)

Kirsten

Catty1
04-22-2010, 08:59 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNA! Your Mom took such gorgeous pics of you, stunning and gorgeous girl! :love::love::love:

I am glad she included some baby pics. Have a lovely day, sweetheart!:):love::love::love:

Randi
04-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I was just going to say... what a huge portion! LOL! It's a good idea to save some for later. You don't want her to puke on her birthday. :eek: Looks like she is enjoying it - and Lily, too. :)

She looks healthy and happy, and my wish is that she continues to be. Now, she will probably want a nap and some cuddles - give her some from me, too. :love:

phesina
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh, what lovely pictures of her enjoying her birthday "cake!"

Happy birthday again, beautiful girl!

Sonia59
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Yummy! There is no better birthday cake for a kitty :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY LUNA!!! I hope you'll have many more happy and healthy years ahead of you.:) I'm so glad that your meowmie is able to be with on this special day.:)

astrid
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL LUNA!!!

It's great to see you're spending a great day with mommy and Lily.
May you spend many more years together sharing all that beautiful love you have for each other.

Big hugs and lots of kisses to our beautiful Birthday girl from Guatemala:love::love:

(Kirsten: what a beautiful video!! my eyes are teary as I write!! I hope you get well soon)

catmandu
04-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Thats such a Great Idea , Kirsten the Tuna in the shape of a Ten!!:cool::cool:
And as always your Photos of Lily and Luna are Wunderbar!!
:love::love:
It always puts a smile on our faces to see the Wunder Katzen!!!!
:):):)

cassiesmom
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Happy, happy birthday, precious Luna! It is my pleasure to wish you a happy birthday on the actual day! *kiss* and *kiss* for Lily, too

katladyd
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY PRECIOUS LUNA! YOU ARE LOVED.:love:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNA!!!!

I love love love the video... almost made me cry!!! I absolutely adored the kitten pictures at the end!!! so cute!!!

Happy birthday sweet kitty!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
I was finally able to watch the beautiful video that you created.:) Thanks for sharing this with us.:)

momcat
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Luna! I'm sorry this is late but there are problems with our compooter and Meowmie is all mad at it.....again.
Anyway, I hope you had a super purrthday with lots of fun and tons of love. Your tuna cake looked so yummy, how nice of you to share it with Lily.

Wishing you many more years of happiness, love, and companionship with Lily and your wonderful Meowmie!

Purrs and headbumpies,
Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Truly a Wonderful Tribute Kirsten with those Beautiful Kitten and Luna, despite being 10 still having the spark of the Kittens in her eyes.:love::love::love:
Our Angels ahve visited that part of Germany and love to visit you, Your Cats and the Castle and Restaurant!!
:cool::cool::cool:
Hapyy Purrrthday Again Luna the Luminescent.
:love::love::love::love:

pomtzu
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
What a lovely tribute to Luna - just lovely!!!:)

We hope you had a great birthday, sweet girl, and we know that Mom spoiled you big time......:):love:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-23-2010, 12:18 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNA :love:

Sorry to be late with the birthday wishies!!! Looks like you had fun anyway!!!
Grandma says tell you, you still look like a youngster to her. (she's 14 now, I think) We all send luvies to you and your family!!! :love:

Kirsten
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Luna is just sitting here with me, reading all your sweet comments re. her birthday! :)

She says Thanks a lot! to everyone of you! :love:

Kirsten

Randi
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Kirsten, any chance you have a photo of Luna's dad? I'd love to see who he is/was.

Taz_Zoee
04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
OH no! I missed it!! Sorry Luna, but it sure looks like you had a good birthday!

Happy Birthday! :D

Barbara
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Happy belated Birthday Luna!!!!
We can see what a wonderful birthday you had- love the tuna party you threw for Lily;)

And can you imagine- I never noticed you have one cream paw- how cute:)

Kirsten
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Cindy! :)

Randi, unfortunately, I don't have any photos of Luna's Mom and Dad. The family of her tabby Mom told me that the momcat was often dating a huge orangie, and since Luna and two of her sisters had lots of orange spots in their tabby fur, it's very likely that he was their daddy! :)

Barbara, her cream paw was the first thing I noticed about her - and it helped me to tell Luna apart from her tabby sisters after I decided that I was going to adopt her...

Kirsten

Randy_K
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Happy Birthday Luna!

She seems to have a light peach-colored undercoat which is very pretty. She doesn't look like she's 10 years old, though.

Kirsten
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, she's still having the face of a young cat, I think...

And you're right, there's a lot of peach in her fur, which makes her look so special! :love:

Kirsten

momcat
04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
I was finally able to watch Luna's video. Extremely well done!!! I love the one where she's sound asleep on your keyboard. And her baby pictures, what an adrable little kitten! No wonder you fell in love with her!