PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Are History

fritz03
04-16-2010, 01:57 PM
It looks like our Junior Team here is history.It will either be merged or if that doesn't work,will be sold back to the league and folded,this will happen at a Board of Governors meeting in Toronto Sunday.the owner Scott Mackie who runs a Harley Davidson dealership has been trying to sell the team all year,no takers.Really sad,I have enjoyed going to games for about 15 years.I feel sorry for the people who I met there that worked the 50/50,really nice people,I' ll miss them.Apparently all is not lost.We may get another Junior A team that would be relocated here or a Junior C team.

Cinder & Smoke
04-16-2010, 04:03 PM
It looks like our Junior Team here is history.

Uhhhhhhhh ... :confused:

Just what GAME do the Eagles play?

;)

Daisy and Delilah
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Awww....I'm so sorry , Barry.:( :( :(

Louie and me
04-17-2010, 03:51 AM
That would be such a shame Barry, I know how much you have enjoyed going to their games and not doubt a lot of other people have too. Let's hope you at least get another hockey team in the area.

Cinder & Smoke
04-17-2010, 10:50 AM
And now ... the REST of the Story ...

:confused:
Just what GAME do the Eagles play?

From Barry >>>

they played hockey
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->They played hockey, similar to the United States Hockey League.
They have had the Junior A team since 1995 ,won 3 division championships and went to the final this year.
Before this they had Junior C team also the Eagles,they won league championships also,
this may be the first year since 1968 that there will no team here,
we may get another one soon,
one may move here or we get a team in Junior C.

And now we know, the REST of the story.

:D
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->:love:

fritz03
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM
The Eagles are now disbanded,thee have merged with another team the Cobourg Cougars.Hopefully soon before next year we will get another team,name will most likely not be the Eagles.Pretty sad right now.