PDA

View Full Version : Sickly Sophie

zippy-kat
10-18-2002, 12:12 PM
A handful of you know this but for those that don't--

I had to rush Sophie to a bunny vet (2hrs away) yesterday morning. She had (and still has) severe diarrhea (which can be life-threatening in bunnies and g.piggies). She perked up a bit last night but she's down again this morning. I can't get her to eat or drink--tho I did force feed her some water about an hr ago. (Gonna try force feeding some mashed pellets/baby food in a bit.)

She's had loads of tummy problems before, but this is the worst I've seen her.
I'm not too sure we're going to pull out of this one. :(

~Please send us some positive thoughts and wishes~

Thanks!

AdoreMyDogs
10-18-2002, 12:45 PM
Oh please get better, Mz. Sophie Bunz. I am thinking positive that you will pull through this with flying colors, but please make it quick, OK? We all worry about you, sweety, and you simply MUST get well so we can stop worrying.

Tonya, I will be thinking about you and Sophie and I do hope that everything will be OK. Please take care and try to remain positive. I think she can pull through this. I am going to remain positive because I simply love that little bunny of yours. Take care and give Mz. Sophie a kiss on her sweet, soft little face for me.

PJ's Mom
10-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Poor Sophie. :(

PJ and Bailey send lots of doggie kisses. :)

wolflady
10-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Oh Mz. Sophie bunny...I'm still sending lots of prayers your way! You can pull through this, I know you can!! Everyone here at PT is pulling for you!! Lots of little nose kissies are on the way and hopes that your little bum feels better soon!
Do keep us posted, Tonya, on her progress. I sure hope you see improvement soon. Did the vet say what caused this??

**hugs**

Former User
10-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Oh Miz Sophie, I'm sorry to hear that your tummy is hurting. Please, do try and get better soon ok? We all are worried here over you.

Tonya, I can imagine what you are going thru now as both of our 'kids' have been ill lately. Anyway, I sure hope Miz Sophie will be fine, and that she WILL pull from this! Keeping our fingers crossed here, and sending positive thoughts and good vibes on your way.

((((((((((Sophie))))))))))))))) ((((((((((((((((Tonya))))))))))))))))

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Hello, God? ~

Cinder an Smokey here, onna Prayer Line...

Need sum of Your Speshul Help, God ~
Our favurite Bunnie - Miz Sophie ~ gotz a bad tummy ache an duzint wanna eet or drink :).

Kuld You jump onna case an maybee send her sum FeelGud Parsley to perk her appetite and stop the runniez? An how bout givin her Bunnie Doc a few gud tipz, too?

We'd also preciate it if You'd wrap yer God's Paws round her Mom - Miz Zippy...
She needz summa Your {{{God's :) Huggs}}} to help her get Sophie feelin better.

Paleeze scuze the big jam-up onna Prayer Line;
but a lotta folkz will be callin bout Miz Sophie ~
She's purdy Speshul down here an ebberbuddie hopes You will Help wiff fixin her up!

Tankx fur lissnin to our Prayer, God!

=====================================
Hey Sophie ~

We jest talked to God ta get ya sum Help wiffa tummy problem... We knowe He's lissnin.

Try to werk onna gud grub an waddur yer Mom'z askin ya to eet - It'll reelee make ya feel better. An try the Parsley - it'z got summa God's Luv :) on it! ;)

Weez sendin All our Luv an sum speshul {{{HUGGz}}} yer way... An we'll be krossin all our Klawz, Pawz, Tailz, an Dad's Finners till we hear youze feelin better.

An here'z a BIGG {{{HUGG}}} fur yer Mom!! :)

Feel Better SOON, Miz Sophie!!

zippy-kat
10-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I'm just going to pack her up and head on back to the vets. I can get her to drink but not eat, not even by force feeding. I dont' know what else to do but take her back over there.

Will check in later,
Zippy

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2002, 01:54 PM
Tonya....

Oh, no, oh, no. Pleeeaaassse get well Sophie!

Sara

lbaker
10-18-2002, 02:01 PM
now my eyes are all leaking and i'm so worried for you Tonya and for the ParsleyPrincess. Oh her poor little tummy and your poor overworked brain right now ... what to say or do but to jam up the Big Guy Upstairs' prayer line. The PetTalk tom-toms are really heating up now but I don't want to PM you.... I'll just wait and pray and all fingers, tails, paws are crossed in Kensington MD and I'm sure from around the world. You must know how we feel about our Miz Sophie............... Dog bless, Laurie

Logan
10-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Precious Sophie. You and your mom are in our prayers, sweetie. Please get well. :( We're worried about our Parsley Princess.

Love you both.
Logan :)

sammi
10-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Extra prayers are being sent for Mz Sophie. You must be worried sick yourself Tonya.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2002, 02:57 PM
Lots of prayers going up from my house for both Miz Sophie and her mum. The boys are all keeping their tails and paws crossed too.
(((HUGS - MIZ SOPHIE))) (((HUGS - TONYA)))

Randi
10-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Oh poor Mz Sophie! :( I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I sure hope the vet visit will brighten you up and get you well again! I'll send positive vibes and we'll all have our fingers and paws crossed for you, sweetie! Back to your parsley, girl! :)

tatsxxx11
10-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Dear Sophie Bunny we're so sorry you're not feeling well.:(:( We're putting our paws together in prayer for the precious Princess of Parsley. Like Leslie, we're going to hold onto those positive thoughts that our cherished little furfriend will pull through. We love you Zip and Sophie. Love, Sandra, Cody, Star, Oliver, Mr. B, Squeeks and Moon.

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2002, 03:44 PM
For those of us that participate in "The Monday Pet Loss Candle Ceremony", why don't we all light our Candles early this week <tonight> - to help Miss Sophie and Tonya.

We keep ours burning 24/7 - Helps us remember all of Dad's Rainbow Bridge FurKids and is a constant reminder to Pray for all the sick and homeless FurKids.

If you're not familiar with the Monday Candle Lighting, take a peek at this site:
http://www.petloss.com/

Scroll down about a screen-and-a-half to the section titled "Monday Candle Ceremony". Light-Up times are 10 PM Eastern; 9 PM Central; 8 PM Mountain; and 7 PM Pacific time. There is a click-link to a World Time Map to calculate the time all over the World.

A word of caution (it's a FireFighter Thing :rolleyes: )...

If you use a 'real' candle with a *flame* ~
PLEASE don't leave it un-attended - even for a minute!!
Stay with it as long as it's burning ~
A good time to think positive thoughts or say a Prayer
for Sophie and Tonya. And include Killian and Sue tonight.

We use two electric Christmas candles - in the front kitchen windows - so they show up towards the street and cast a warm glow into the house all night...

Dad tries to *touch* 'em at least once a day and say a Prayer for GranMom... Tonight we'll add Sophie an Killian...

We like to think God listens a lil harder when we Pray near the Candles. :)

Pam
10-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Tonya I am so hoping for some good news from the vet. We'll be praying for wisdom as he tries to put a handle on whatever it is that is making miss Sophie feeling so awful. Keep us posted and try to relax a little. Sophie is in God's hands.

Cookiebaker
10-18-2002, 04:03 PM
Poor Sophie bun-bun! This must be one of the hardest things to go through. We'll all be thinking about you Tonya and hoping for the best!!!

Rottieluver45
10-18-2002, 04:34 PM
Poor Sophie I hope She feels and gets better soon! Thelmer sends his love!

Sam's My Baby
10-18-2002, 05:08 PM
Oh sophie! I hope you are ok and my best wishes for you!! Please get well soon!

TheAntiPam
10-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Thinking of you, Miz Sophie, and you too, Miz Zippy! Lots of prayers for you both!

Miss Meow
10-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Get well soon Miz Sophie. Hope your little bunny tummy feels better soon We are all sending you good wishes for a quick recovery.

lizbud
10-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Zippy,

We are praying for Mz. Sophie. You both are in my
thoughts & prayers tonight. I'm going to light my candle
early also. Thinking positive thoughts for Sophie Bunny.

zippy-kat
10-18-2002, 07:43 PM
(I forgot to mention that yesterday's visit determined she had a bacterial infection in the hindgut.)

He didn't say much more today except that she is one sick little bunny. He did discuss treatment options. For tonight, he is going to force feed her some electrolytes, water, and hopefully some food. Also, he's going to give her some kind of Rx--to try and perk up her appetite. If this doesn't work, he can put a iv bag into her but--if we reach that point-- he said it really isn't worth it. He did say that they lose more than half these little guys when they get like this.

Right before I left, she did perk up a bit and nibbled on 2 sprigs of parsley--the vet was going to go get her some more to see if she'd eat it. Other than that, there's not much good news to report.

I'm suppose to call tomorrow to see about her. I expect she'll have to stay thru the wkend and, in which case, I'll probably go rent a motel room sat. night and try to visit most of the day Sunday. Hopefully, she'll be able to go home on Monday.

As a baby, she was given a 30% chance of living & she beat the odds. I hope and pray she can do it again. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not so sure she's going to pull thru this time. She is not well at all.

Tearfully yours,
Zipp

tatsxxx11
10-18-2002, 07:43 PM
We're saying our goodnight, get well prayers for Miz Sophie. Please be ok little one. Love, Sandra

wolflady
10-18-2002, 08:08 PM
Oh Tonya, I will be praying hard that little mz sophie bunners beats the odds again and pulls through! I can only imagine the anxiety you are feeling right now. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be taking my prayer 'list' from PP and depositing it in the basket at church on Sunday, and Sophie will be on the top of the list.
I'll also be lighting a candle first thing when I get home tonight like Phred suggested in hopes for recovery of all ill animals on the board.

*****hugs*****
Karen

LoudLou
10-18-2002, 08:47 PM
:( :( :( Tonya & Miz Sophie, We send our Love and Prayers out to the both of you. Please get well Sophie.

Katie, LOUD Louie & The Beans

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Dear Zippy ~

So sorry Sophie has to stay in the Hospital - hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow.

Take it as a Good Sign that she nibbled on the Parsley - favorite foods make any Sickie feel better.

Try to Think Positive - she's a lil Fighter - as you well know! ;)

We've got the Candles lighted, and the Prayers are flowing...
Hope you can see the :) glow.

Hey Sophie - Please get better ~ We're all pulling for you!

Keep us posted Zipp - We're all here when you need us.

Luv & {{{Huggs}}}

/s/ Phred

Karen
10-18-2002, 09:12 PM
Miss Hoppy says maybe one raisin will help ... but lotsa parsley. We're all praying for Miss Sophie, even my bell choir is, too. (They're an understanding bunch.)

Felicia's Mom
10-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Sophie please get well! I'll be praying for you.

Nancy

Rachel
10-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Just checking in to see about our Sophers. When the dogs are sick like that the vet doesn't want them to eat anything. I guess with Bunnies it is different. It hurts our heart to know the precious, precocious one is so ill and that her Mommy has to worry so much (and us too). Hannah and Tucker have vowed never to chase another bun if only Sophie will get better. Lots of doggie, kitty, Mommy and Daddy love being released into the elements from all over the country tonight. Prayers going up with the love.

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/xmas/advent.gif

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Thought you might enjoy a photo of these two ~

A sleeping Momma Zippy, and the ever-watchful
Miss Sophie ~

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p17ec25f3b888c165c532ac99a5ec3024/fd36281f.jpg

May they both Sleep Well tonight! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2002, 10:37 PM
I couldn't sleep tonight until I checked to see if there was a Miz Sophie update. Prayers have been flying fast and furious from here for both Miz Sophie and her mum. I still have time to squeeze a couple more in before bedtime. I know it's hard but the vet's is the best place for Sophie right now. They can help her better than anyone but God can right now.
(((BIG HUGS - MIZ SOPHIE)))
(((BIG HUGS - TONYA)))
HANG IN THERE GIRLS!!!

zippy-kat
10-18-2002, 11:03 PM
It's definetly not the same without her here....everything is empty and quiet.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p226c6647e4dc84d5e752cd58dd5c3077/fd6f976f.jpg

My heart hurts for you Soph, please get well!

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-19-2002, 12:15 AM
OH Tonya I just found this thread and I am sorry to hear of your sad news. I will be prayin hard for Sophie Bunny and just keep faith that God is allpowerful and know that He can do all things!
**HUGS**

popcornbird
10-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Oh dear. :( I am sooooooooo sorry to hear our favorite *thumpz* Sophie Bunny is feeling under the weather. We are all praying for her recovery. She's such a great bunny and hopefully God will pull her out of this. Please get well Sophie Bunny! Popcorn and Muffin send get well wishes to you and many tweets and *thumpz* as well.

Aspen and Misty
10-19-2002, 02:05 AM
Oh Dear Sophie! You have to get better fast! Your mommie needs you! I will be sending my prayers with you, I hope you get much much better.

Ashley

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2002, 02:08 AM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear that Sophie is so sick. :( Prayers are on the way. All fingers and paws are crossed here too.

Nomilynn
10-19-2002, 02:22 AM
we are all sending prayers too!!! I really hope everything goes well!!

AmberLee
10-19-2002, 02:51 AM
Holding Ms. Sophie Bunster and her mommy in our thoughts and prayers. **thumpz** to bad bugs that sit in bunny tummies.

**thumpz twice over in fact**

zippy-kat
10-19-2002, 06:59 AM
I've thought about it, prayed about it, and have decided I'm calling into work and going to see Soph. I'll be back tonight but will (more than likely) be spending tomorrow night in a hotel.

tatsxxx11
10-19-2002, 07:33 AM
Take care, sweet friend and be safe. My thoughts will be with you and Miz Sophie every moment until we know she is out of harms way. You are the best Mom a bunny could ever hope for, Tonya. I know having you close to her will give her much comfort as she recovers. She's a fighter, Zip, and we will stay positive and continue to pray for our beloved fur friends' speedy, complete recovery. We are with you both in spirit and prayer. {{{hugs}}} Love, Sandra and the Furfamily.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Tonya, that is the first time I have seen a picture of Mz.Sophie and she is so beautiful, you know how I love the little black babies like Daisy, she has such a sweet face, you know that we will all be praying and crossing every finger, toe and paw that she will be feeling much better soon. Please give her a little hug from all of us.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

RockyRoad
10-19-2002, 09:32 AM
Awww, I came here a little late. Anyway, I hope Miss Sophie is better soon!! She looks so beautiful!! What a pretty bunny!!!

lizbud
10-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Hugs, love & positive prayers for a complete recovery
for our Sweet Sophie Bunny...

{{{{HUGGS}}}}} to Zippy & Sophie..:)

Phred, loved the pic of Zip & Sophie sleeping. Soooo Sweet.

zippy-kat
10-19-2002, 02:36 PM
Good news and not-so-good news:

Good news:
She's eating. I called the vets' office before I left and they told me she had finished up a tiny bit of parsley but she hadn't ate otherwise. Once I was actually there, I found out that she had just devoured a couple of carrot tops (The vet went 'bunny shopping' last night and brought her back carrots/carrot tops, spinach (which she hates--I told him that :rolleyes: ), cilantro, parsley, etc.

When I walked into the "quiet room" she recognized me, came to the corner of the cage, and stood on her hind feet. A BIG improvement from the first day! At first, I couldn't get her to eat any parsley. So I took a towel and made a 'bunny burrito' (she's still messy at her back end) and just held her. She got lots of ear/nose/neck skritches and kisses. After awhile she got fidgety so I set her back in her cage and she ate some parsley. The vet brought out a couple more carrot tops and Soph began to beg for them. I think we might've found a new favorite!

I tried to feed her some hay--she chewed it but didn't eat it. The vet said he'd rather she eat hay than anything else but since she was finally eating, he wasn't going to be too picky at this point. He also said she has made much more of an improvement than he thought she would. We're still not out of the clear however, which brings us to the bad news:

Sophie still has diarrhea. The vet is doing all that can be done (fluids, feeding her 'good' bunny bacteria from a healthy rabbit's cecotrophs, electrolytes, Rx, and something else...forgot...). He pretty much said that the next 3-5 days are the most critical --if there isn't a 'bowel' improvement (producing pellets, NOT diarrhea), she's probably not going to get well.

Sophie was much more active today but still not herself. Her eyes were a little more 'Soph' but you can still tell she just doesn't feel well at all.

Thank you guys for caring about us, I'm going to ask for continued prayers. Prayin' for poop...who'd have thought?!

One more thing... in the "quiet room" there is a diabetic calico cat, Meg, who isn't doing too well. I'm not sure if she's in a coma or just 'out of it' from the meds/pain killers or ??? Will you please keep Meg in your thoughts and prayers as well?

Logan
10-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Well, Tonya, some of that is good news. And the more receptive she is to eating the better. Sophie and you are in our prayers, and we will pray for the veterinarian who is looking after her as well. Take care of yourself and give gentle bunny hugs and kisses to that sweet girl for us, please.

Logan :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2002, 02:56 PM
Praying hard for Sophie to start making pellets!!! Prayers on the way for sweet Meg too and of course, still for you.

Mis Sophie, you keep eating all the good stuff they give you and become a pellet making machine.
(((HUGS - SOPHIE)))
Tonya, take care of yourself and I know it's hard but get some rest. Miz Sophie needs you well.
(((HUGS - TONYA)))
(((HUGS - MEG)))

tatsxxx11
10-19-2002, 03:52 PM
That is some reassuring news, Tonya. The vet seems to be a very caring one, doing everything possible to pull her through. I'll bet Sophie was very glad to see her Mommy. We will keep saying our prayers for you, Miz Sophie and dear little Meg. Hugs and all our love to you, Tonya. Love, Sandra

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Tonya, more prayers are on the way for Miz Sophie. I sure hope that she starts to make pellets soon. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Good luck.

Aspen and Misty
10-19-2002, 04:26 PM
I'm stillp raying for Sopie, and I will start to pray for Meg. I hope both are getting better quickly. Im glad to here she is eating. Sorry to hear about diarrhea. Please get better Sopie, your mommie needs you!

Ash

sammi
10-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Zippy, Will cont. to pray for your Sophie and send prayers for Meg the kitty cat also.

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Dear Tonya ~

So Happie :) to hear some Good News about Sophie Bun!!

We'll ALL continue to Pray and cross Klaws, Paws, And Fingers
for Sophie's recovery.

Hoping her Pellet Factory resumes production quickly.

Pass the Carrot Tops and Parsley, please! :D

And Please drive carefully to/from the Bunny Hospital.

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

lizbud
10-19-2002, 06:41 PM
Zippy,

Glad to hear some good news about Sophie !!!

Sounds like a very caring vet Sophie has there.
Prayers will continue for her to get stronger & feel
better every day. How like you to think of another
sweet furkid who also needs prayers. Of course,Meg
will be in our thoughts and prayers as well. Try to get
some rest. Positive thoughts still coming your way..:)

gini
10-19-2002, 07:43 PM
MMMMM, prayers will certainly continue for you BOTH!! Tonya, I am worried about you driving because you are distracted with worry about Sophie.

Your vet sounds wonderful and I am very glad for that!

Yes, you got it right - PRAY FOR POOP!

Leave it to you to ask for prayers for someone else aside from yourself and Sophie - yes, Meg will be in my prayer list too!

You know how much all of us love you here, and we will be anxious for any news that you have - but hope for only really good news!

Much Love, Gini

anna_66
10-20-2002, 08:29 AM
Has anyone heard how Sophie is doing so far?

10-20-2002, 12:45 PM
OMG , I only discovered this thread now ....
Just after I read the bad news on another thread ....!

Oh no , poor Tonya ...:(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Miz Sophie is at the Rainbow Bridge now.
There is another thread about it. Just thought you would like to know.