PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon

Karen
04-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Last year my neighbors and I watched for Catnapper's son with no success - sometimes the runners are so bunched up it is hard to see all the bib numbers!

And Pet Talkers or family members running the Marathon this year?

It goes right by the end of our street, so I and the neighbor kids can yell extra loud encouragement to anyone we can spot! We are right before Newton City Hall, and the start of Heartbreak Hill, so we figure the extra encouragement might help - and it's fun to have someone to watch for. Otherwise we just yell for anyone that has his or her name painted on the shirt, and we yell for military folks, and anyone we can identify!

catnapper
04-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Sorry, he didn't register soon enough and isn't running this year, which is actually good because he ran a local marathon last week and hurt his knee pretty bad (but still came in 2nd in his age bracket despite it!)

Karen
04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Ooh, sorry to hear he hurt his knee, knees are the bane of runners' existence, I know!

davidpizzica
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Karen, I don't know what her bib number is, but my nephew's girlfriend is running in the Marathon. I don't know, maybe you can yell, "Hey, Miss Pittsburgh!"

Grace
04-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Valerie Bertinelli is doing the Marathon this year - taking pledges to benefit Dana-Farber.

Shelteez2
04-16-2010, 09:05 AM
A friend of mine from a rottweiler board I belong to is running in it. Her name is Phyllis and her number is 20572. She said she starts mid-way back in the second wave.
This is her 3rd time running it. Her first was when she was in her 30's, the second was in '05 and she was in her 40's and running with a stress fracture in her foot. :eek:
She's a great person and her rottweiler Caine helps her train. :D

Karen
04-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Excellent, we'll look for her. Do you know her hair color, or description of her to help us pick her out?