PDA

View Full Version : A Taxing Thursday #374

RICHARD
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Tomorrow is Tax Day in America...ugh.:eek::rolleyes::confused:;)

I'll be in and out for the next few days...

I think Giant Pans of Lasagna, salad and garlic bread are in order!

DONE!:D

slick
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Our taxes aren't due until April 30th. ;):cool: I've already got my refund back which of course, will be going to bills. :o

Lasagne isn't on my diet but this is cyber - load up my plate Richard and I'll take as much garlic bread as I can handle. Hey, I live alone - no one cares about my garlic breath. Oh yes, can you please sprinkle my GB with parm cheeze pleeze???

A nice cold beer to wash it all down and I'm a happy camper.:)

Pinot's Mom
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm in! I'm in!
Cheese and pasta - my favorites! With a glass of red wine, please!:)

RICHARD
04-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Let me plate and pour for you ladies!

Done and Done!:D

Bonny
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
La La La Lasagna could I have some? Along with a big cold glass of 2 per cent milk, & two slices of garlic bread toasted in the broiler but not burnt. PLEASE! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE!

I was a good old lady & got my taxes in early. The only thing is Uncle Sam owes me but it takes 30days for him for pay up but if I owed him I have to pay up front. Not Fair! :mad: Not Fair!

RICHARD
04-14-2010, 10:21 PM
La La La Lasagna could I have some? Along with a big cold glass of 2 per cent milk, & two slices of garlic bread toasted in the broiler but not burnt. PLEASE! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE!

Lasagna, cow, wheat and the stinking rose!;):)

DONE!

Catherinedana
04-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Yaaaaay! We're getting a refund!!!! We thought we owed, but we DON"T!!

So I'll have some la la lasagna to celebrate, pile on the garlic bread (extra garlic), some salad for show (can't just have carbs on the plate now, can I) and a HUGE honking glass of diet coke with ice. Very healthy eating!

:D

As soon as I get my refund check, I'll buy everybirdie a round!!

pomtzu
04-15-2010, 07:23 AM
The only thing is Uncle Sam owes me but it takes 30days for him for pay up but if I owed him I have to pay up front. Not Fair! :mad: Not Fair!

30 days?? - why so long? I did TurboTax on line and e-filed and used direct deposit. I had federal in 10 days and state in 2 days. That state was a record breaker!!! :D

I remember in "the old days", when we did them by hand and mailed them, sometimes it would be as long as 3 months to get the refund. :eek:

Richard - I'll pass on lasagna this early - maybe later tho..........

happylabs
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
OHHHH Richard...I :love: you! Lasagna with extra cheese and sauce, garlic bread and I'm with Bonny on this one...a cold glass of milk. Ahhhhhhhh. I'm in heaven! Can you put my glass in the freezer for a bit before you pour the milk in? :D

This is sure to make me forget about all of the money the government takes from my hard earned paycheck.

Queen of Poop
04-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I have to pay, and pay big time. But not till the end of the month and I've got enough shares socked away to cover almost all of it so it will be ok. I'd love a plate of lasagne and garlic bread.

Bonny
04-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Pomtzu, Uncle Sam has to pay himself first before he pays us. It was to be sent direct desposit & the lawyers are responsible for filing it. I heard on the news where Uncle Sam is backed up to 30 days with making his payments. I think we deserve interest with our wait. :D

RICHARD
04-15-2010, 08:48 AM
I think we deserve interest with our wait. :D

The only 'interest' you'll get is the fact that you are on pins and needles waiting for your money.:(:mad:

QoP,

One plate and garlic bread and Thank Goodness for Shares!

DONE.

HL,
One plate with an Extra Cold Glass of Milk.

DONE!

Pom,

I'll put aside a plate for you!

DONE!

CD.

LOL,

Baby (Martin) needs strings?

One plate, salad, gahlic bread and a large honking glass of diet coke!

DONe!

smokey the elder
04-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Uncle Sam coughed up my refund pretty quick, but good old Uncle David (Patterson, Gov. of NY) is sitting on it!:p

pomtzu
04-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Uncle Sam coughed up my refund pretty quick, but good old Uncle David (Patterson, Gov. of NY) is sitting on it!:p

I've read where some states are VERY slow in getting out refunds this year, due to their financial crisis. That's why I was totally shocked at a 2 day turn around for my refund this year!
One year I never got my state back till September, and they actually paid interest on it! :D

Hey Richard - I'll take some lasagna now - and a Pepsi to wash it down please. ;)

RICHARD
04-15-2010, 12:07 PM

He's trying to 'see' if the refund is correct...ugh.....You can laugh at Arnold!:eek::rolleyes:

------------

Pom,

Lasagna and Pepsi!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
04-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I could go for some lasagna again! :) With garlic bread, please!
Our state refund was LIGHTNING quick; the accountant efiled Thursday, I think, and it came back yesterday. No Fed yet, though, but I didn't expect it.

...and you KNOW I want red wine with that! ;)

RICHARD
04-15-2010, 12:24 PM
I could go for some lasagna again! :) With garlic bread, please!
Our state refund was LIGHTNING quick; the accountant efiled Thursday, I think, and it came back yesterday. No Fed yet, though, but I didn't expect it.

...and you KNOW I want red wine with that! ;)

One loaded plate.....and a wine!:D
DONE!

smokey the elder
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I file a nonresident return for CT since I work there but live in New York. For the 3rd year in a row I owed...one dollar!:eek: It cost almost as much to mail the forms.

gini
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Never have I been happier to see April 15th than this year. Everyone is whining and complaining as they OWE, OWE, OWE.

I had a very small Calif. refund which I received in two days. I about fainted - it was credited to my bank account.

Richard bless you for preparing lasagna and garlic bread - I will have a large plate of the lasagna when you have time - and a glass of white wine to go with it.

I think I will just snuggle up on the couch and think back to the days of Mario swinging from the ceiling fan. Bless that boy, he was a lot of fun.

RICHARD
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Richard bless you for preparing lasagna and garlic bread - I will have a large plate of the lasagna when you have time - and a glass of white wine to go with it.

I think I will just snuggle up on the couch and think back to the days of Mario swinging from the ceiling fan. Bless that boy, he was a lot of fun.

I think we all owe!

One giant plate and a white wine!

DONE!

STE,

I got a refund one year something stupid like a dollar and 18 cents.

I never bothered to cash it. what would have been the processing price for that?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah, the state of Kansas has told people they may not get their refunds because the state is broke. Good thing I'm already broke so won't miss not getting anything back that I didn't pay in anyway. :D

I have a headache. Can I have a cherry rootbeer and 4 catnip teas with a side of orings and side of catnip for the brats? :D :love:

RICHARD
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I have a headache. Can I have a cherry rootbeer and 4 catnip teas with a side of orings and side of catnip for the brats? :D :love:

Oh, MOFF...

You want ONION rings, not Orings.

Orings are the rubber grommets that go on hydraulic or water lines!:eek:;)

One cherry rootbeer, a side of Onion Rings and some CNT for the babies!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh, MOFF...

You want ONION rings, not Orings.

Orings are the rubber grommets that go on hydraulic or water lines!:eek:;)

One cherry rootbeer, a side of Onion Rings and some CNT for the babies!

See, I didn't even realize I had put Orings!!! Glad you caught that. I bet Orings taste awful!!! :D

RICHARD
04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
See, I didn't even realize I had put Orings!!! Glad you caught that. I bet Orings taste awful!!! :D

Lol,
chewy and not flavorful at all!:eek:

cassiesmom
04-16-2010, 09:46 PM
It's down to 48F in Chicago this evening. Could I have coffee, please? On second thought, decaf, please.

RICHARD
04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
It's down to 48F in Chicago this evening. Could I have coffee, please? On second thought, decaf, please.

LOL,

I have to mention this....

I always smile when all you all order something.

IT's always, Please, Thank You and politeness.:)

One decaf on a cold night!

Done!

Cinder & Smoke
04-16-2010, 11:22 PM
O-rings are the rubber grommets that go on hydraulic or water lines!:eek:;)
:D

:confused:

How long do O-rings need to be cooked to loose their "rubberiness" ??

:p

Pinot's Mom
04-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Good morning! How is everyone this fine morning? I've started the coffee, there are english muffins a-toastin' with some butter and fine marmalade. The Orc is in charge of frying up some bacon, so help yourselves! Let the Barkeep sleep in! :)

RICHARD
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Good morning! How is everyone this fine morning? I've started the coffee, there are english muffins a-toastin' with some butter and fine marmalade. The Orc is in charge of frying up some bacon, so help yourselves! Let the Barkeep sleep in! :)

Thanks!

I'll take a plate and when I am done I will clear tables and wash dishes!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Richard are you growing some home grown maters again this year? Save some for the bar if you do. They are almost $3 each here and have no flavor whatever!!! :D

Queen of Poop
04-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Really nice day here today, 20oC and a bit of a breeze. Could use a fruity drink to sit on the patio with. Some company would be good too. Love these kitties, but they're not much on conversation.

RICHARD
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Really nice day here today, 20oC and a bit of a breeze. Could use a fruity drink to sit on the patio with. Some company would be good too. Love these kitties, but they're not much on conversation.

How'a about a screw driver and some lap time with the kitties?

DONE!

MOFF,

I am planting at the moment.:D Yes, maters are pretty tasteless right about this time of year!

C&S...

I never have had a plate - or cooked any Orings!;):eek:

pomtzu
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm eating so unhealthy today - and lovin' it!!

Captain Crunch cereal for breakfast (really too sweet tho), leftover mushroom pizza for lunch, and I'm now on my 2nd lime float. Two scoops of lime sherbert in a tall glass and topped with Sierra Mist (or 7-Up). Delish!!! Anyone care for one - there's plenty of sherbert left!!!

lvpets2002
04-19-2010, 04:31 PM
:) Oh yes Yum Yum that does sound so festive.. Lets me have one of each please.. We made it thru 6" of rain this weekend.. I am glad to rest & take off my water flippers..:p
I'm eating so unhealthy today - and lovin' it!!

Captain Crunch cereal for breakfast (really too sweet tho), leftover mushroom pizza for lunch, and I'm now on my 2nd lime float. Two scoops of lime sherbert in a tall glass and topped with Sierra Mist (or 7-Up). Delish!!! Anyone care for one - there's plenty of sherbert left!!!

RICHARD
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
:) Oh yes Yum Yum that does sound so festive.. Lets me have one of each please.. We made it thru 6" of rain this weekend.. I am glad to rest & take off my water flippers..:p

One of EACH!

DONE!

POM,

Captain Crunch!

MMMMM,

I usually have a giant bag of store brand cereal, but the ants got it!:mad:

I loves me the sherbert!

Refills?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Can I get a Lime Float with Vodka??:) Please? You can hold the Cap'n Crunch, though!

RICHARD
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Can I get a Lime Float with Vodka??:) Please? You can hold the Cap'n Crunch, though!

What?, I just crush CC and use that on the rim of all the drinks served here!

Lime float w/vodka!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
What?, I just crush CC and use that on the rim of all the drinks served here!

Pomtzu had it for breakfast! It WAS her birthday, though, so that's excusable.

What would I like this afternoon? We're having a pleasant day, and work's not too busy...how about a nice Shiraz with some really good cheddar and a baguette? Possibly some fruit, too, please...;) Think they'd mind if I just sat outside instead of my desk?;)

pomtzu
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Pomtzu had it for breakfast! It WAS her birthday, though, so that's excusable.

Fear not - it won't happen again. They were truly nasty, but just goes to show you what junk food that kids like. The rest of the bag goes to my grandson and I'm back to shredded wheat.

I'm back to eating the good stuff today. Richard - can you please whip up a big tossed salad (no cucumbers or croutons) and some Ken's Steakhouse Country French dressing on the side please. Oh - and a slice of garlic bread if there's any to be found.

Grassy-a$$...........:D

RICHARD
04-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Grassy-a$$...........:D

LOLOLOOLOLOLOL,
Stupid me...it took me a few times thru to get it!

Salad, french dressing and Gah-lic bread!

DONE!

PM,

A glass, cheese and bread....what no fruit!

DONE!