PDA

View Full Version : I'm back home!! (update #81, home again - for now)

Kirsten
04-14-2010, 12:19 PM
First of all, thank you for all your well-wishes, prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes and candles you all posted for me in Uniqueviking's thread - and thanks to Tenna for keeping you all updated!

As she has already posted, I came home yesterday, one day earlier than expected. Obviously, they needed my bed, and I wasn't sad about it! :) It's wonderful to be with my girls again, and I hope they're happy, too! Luna took a nap in my arm yesterday, and I swear, I never saw such a content, relaxed look on her face!!

I got some bad news also: When I checked my email, I noticed a bill by one of these "rip-off companies", a website from which you can download software. Now they want 96 Euro for one year, and it's a two year's contract. I don't even remember I ever registered with them, they probably "stole" my adress somewhere and now they want me to pay. Of course I won't but it's annoying. Instead of celebrating the reunion with my girls, I googled for infos on this fishy company, as this was really scaring the hell out of me. Not exactly what you need when you just came home after a big surgery, especially since I spent way too much time at the computer because of this, which was not good for my back!

Also, the health insurance is already putting pressure on me by asking how long my physiotherapy will last. They want me out of the sick money, of course, but it cannot be that they don't give you some rest after such a surgery! Times have really changed!!

With all these things going on, it was hard to concentrate on my back and my healing for the last two days. Guess I was overdoing things a bit. Of course the pain is much better - the nerve pain was gone right after the surgery - but there's this huge lump in my back, and it's getting bigger. First they thought it could be cerebro-spinal fluid coming from an opening in the spinal canal (in that case I would have needed another surgery), but now they think it's a hematoma, or this liquid that is coming from wounds (don't remember the name of it). Either way, it could take a couple of weeks until it goes away, but it should get smaller. Instead, it's getting bigger now, which makes me a bit nervous. My doctor will have a look tomorrow.

So, altogether, I'm not too happy at the moment, as there are too many dark clouds hanging over me again. All these things kind of overshadowed the joy of coming home and being with my girls...

Kirsten

RICHARD
04-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Glad to hear the pain is gone.

Before you go see the doctor?

Make sure you remember all the stuff you need to ask...

AND DO NOT OVER DO YOUR MOVING AROUND.

It's way too easy to undo what the surgeon did by trying to do too much!

Give the kittehs hugs from ED.

Karen
04-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Glad you are home, and remember to rest. Don't stress about that email thing right now, you can deal with it when you are better. Give each of the girls a nice rub from me, okay?

Catherinedana
04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
OK - so you've taken the big step towards removing the pain from your back, now remember to rest and start healing! There is always something that will get in the way. . .don't let these things disturb your peace. Just heal and start enjoying a life without pain.

Sending the healing buzzzzz your way!!

:love:Cathy

Catty1
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Hematomas will reabsorb into the body...if you REST.

Focus on resting with your girls and getting the physio to feel better.

Your health company just wants to know, that's all. Hopefully your doctor or physiotherapist can deal with that.
(and they can recommend rest too, as professionals - that will have an impact on the insurance people! :) )

A cute story for you. I am working one day a week at the cat kennel where I used to be full time. The eldest daughter there is away at university, and her place is very very tiny. So, her two cats are being boarded at her parents' kennel!

These littermates were surrendered to us by a client about two years ago. The owners made a point of not calling them by their previous names, so that a new owner could use new names. They were referred to simply as "Cat One" and "Cat Two".

Well, guess what the daughter named them? "Ein" and "Zwei" ! :D

Lillycat
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I know it is hard to do, but try and let all the worries roll away for some days and take care of yourself!!!

Pinot's Mom
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Welcome home - REST!!!! That's an order! ;)

smokey the elder
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Your furry nurses need to pin you down so you don't move around and reinjure yourself. Luna and Lily, hop to it!:D

cassiesmom
04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Welcome home, Kirsten! Lily and Luna, you're on duty!

lvpets2002
04-14-2010, 04:24 PM
:) I so aggree with Richard.. Glad your doing better & are at home.. Just get lots of rest & whisker kissess.. ((((( Huggss )))))
Glad to hear the pain is gone.

Before you go see the doctor?

Make sure you remember all the stuff you need to ask...

AND DO NOT OVER DO YOUR MOVING AROUND.

It's way too easy to undo what the surgeon did by trying to do too much!

Give the kittehs hugs from ED.

Medusa
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Furpurr therapy is the way to go, Kirsten. No excess moving around, etc. Forget about the email for right now and just focus on healing as your #1 priority. Keep the faythe. :)

Asiel
04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Glad you're home and everything went well. Concentrate on resting as everyone advises, very important after back surgery. Focus on the fur balls and let the rest go till you're up and about and healed up.

3Catcondo
04-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Kirsten,
I am so glad you are home!! Thank goodness surgery is over, now it's time for you to relax and focus on healing. Enjoy spending time with the girls, and you'll feel better in no time.:love:

boomersooner
04-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Here's hoping for a wonderful recovery! Like everyone else has said...try to put all of your energy into healing!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Welcome home Kirsten!!!:D Now please rest, relax, and recuperate. Just remember the three "R's" and you'll be just fine. Take care.:)

Barbara
04-15-2010, 03:01 AM
First - a very warm welcome. You really have to be a little quiet now to make sure that hematoma or whatever goes away.

I got some bad news also: When I checked my email, I noticed a bill by one of these "rip-off companies", a website from which you can download software. Now they want 96 Euro for one year, and it's a two year's contract. I don't even remember I ever registered with them, they probably "stole" my adress somewhere and now they want me to pay. Of course I won't but it's annoying. Instead of celebrating the reunion with my girls, I googled for infos on this fishy company, as this was really scaring the hell out of me. Not exactly what you need when you just came home after a big surgery, especially since I spent way too much time at the computer because of this, which was not good for my back!

Check with websites like Verbraucherzentrale Nordrhein-Westfalen or Stiftung Warentest. You should not pay these sums. I am sure somewhere on the web you find the text of letters you should send to them. Normally there lawyers threaten but will never go to court as they will not win. I can understand that it is tough to be tougher than them but it is what all serious institutions recommend-

catnapper
04-15-2010, 06:11 AM
YAY!!! I was thinking of you and sending you oodles of well wishes. Glad to see you back. :)

Sonia59
04-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Welcome back home! Enjoy being with your girls :)

Randi
04-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Glad you're back home, Kirsten. :) Enjoy being with your girls and relax all you can! No need to worry about the other things just yet. I'm sure it will all be sorted out. Do take a look at the sites Barbara recommended.

Take care! Fister sends purrs. :love:

Anikaca77
04-15-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm glad to see that you are back home. My prays are with you for a fast healing.

Melissa

kokopup
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Welcome home Kirsten! You need to just take it easy until the Hematoma is
absorbed by your body. Bed rest should be your only priority right now.

Kirsten
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me back! :) I know you're right and getting some rest is the best I can do now; however, it's not that easy when you live on your own, some things just have to be done, like cleaning, cooking... *sigh* But I'm still very tired for some reason, and I don't have much energy.

Check with websites like Verbraucherzentrale Nordrhein-Westfalen or Stiftung Warentest. You should not pay these sums. I am sure somewhere on the web you find the text of letters you should send to them. Normally there lawyers threaten but will never go to court as they will not win. I can understand that it is tough to be tougher than them but it is what all serious institutions recommend-

I will, and as soon as I'm able to drive, I will make an appointment with the "Verbraucherzentrale" of my area. I spent a lot of time the last two days reading and all the articles said that these things never go to court because these companies fear to draw any attention to themselves so I hope nothing will happen in the end... But it's annoying!!

They were referred to simply as "Cat One" and "Cat Two".

Well, guess what the daughter named them? "Ein" and "Zwei" !

That is cute! :D If there was a third kitty, would your daughter name it "Drei"? ;)

Kirsten

carole
04-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Rest up dear Kirsten, so happy all went well and you are home again with your precious furbabies, take much care and get well soon, and be painfree ,love and hugs.:love::love:

K9karen
04-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, advise from another back surgery girl (at least 1-2 more to go)..take care of YOU! I'm so involved and worried about the house and bills and the dog, etc...that I drove myself nuts after my surgeries, feeling helpless and frustrated. Listen, having 2 guys in the house who vie for my attention and are caring but lazy, sometimes I think solace is better. Good advise I heard once, was, your house has 4 walls that will be there WAY after you're gone. Dust? It can wait until you're healthy. Health is always first, because without it, you basically have nothing. I'm truly trying to live by this advise.

Hemotomas suck, but will go away slowly. Please dearheart, try NOT to worry. I know I'm a VERY intense person and it's hard..easier said than done.

Just relax and love on your babies. The faster you heal, the faster you can get back to normal. I'm so happy that the surgery seemed to work great. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! :love::love::love:

Pembroke_Corgi
04-15-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm glad you are home. I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to take some time just to rest and relax. :)

Marigold2
04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
welcome home!!
hope your recovery is quick.

DJFyrewolf36
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
*hugs* still praying that you feel better soon!

Kirsten
04-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Well, guess things don't look very well here at the moment, and I'm getting frustrated. The swelling, that was first said to be a hematoma, is getting bigger and bigger, and I'm getting worried about that. Obviously, according to my doctor and my physiotherapist, it's no hematoma, but fluid coming from the wound (I don't know what this fluid is called). Anyway, the swelling is getting bigger with each passing day, and has the size of an egg by now. Tried to take a photo of it, but it didn't work well:

http://www.catmom.de/pics/swelling.jpg

The blue color you see on it is from a circle one of the doctors at the hospital draw around it, so it's going to be easier to control the size, and it's easy to see that it's much bigger now.

It's not painful, but it's putting some pressure onto the nerves, and I can feel the effect of it right down into my legs. My right one even started aching yesterday, some kind of sciatic pain again, and I hope it's an effect coming from the lump, and does not mean that more of the disc has slipped out meanwhile. Anyway, all this is scary and very frustrating!

Also, I'm very disappointed meanwhile that I have barely any help here at home. This was so much different in 2004 when I had my first surgery! I even cleaned my entire floor on Friday because I couldn't find anyone who was willing to help me. This is not the way it was planned, and I'm so disappointed!! :(

Kirsten

Catty1
04-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Where are all the people that were there in 2004? Do they know you had surgery?

Let your floor stay dirty! ;)

I wonder if your insurance covers any home help, or even if there is a volunteer group somewhere in your city. Please look into that!

All I can do is offer suggestions...I hope you see your doctor again to get that bump checked.

{{{hugs}}}} :love::love::love:

Randi
04-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Kirsten, I understand you are worried about the swelling and you should demand your doctor do something about it - unless it is a normal effect from the operation. If you're supposed to be in bed resting, then it's really not a good idea washing floors! The dirt is not going anywhere, but will be there for you (or someone) to tackle it WHEN YOU ARE READY! ;)

It's disappointing that no friends or family are there to help you. You must be entitled to get some help! I'm so sorry you have go though this. :(

Have you thought of applying for disability?

I hope the swelling will go away soon and you'll feel better! :love:

Take care!

(((hugs)))

pomtzu
04-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Gosh Kirsten - that lump certainly does look somewhat scary. What are the doctors doing/saying about it??? :confused: I had back surgery, and never had anything like that happen. I'd demand some answers - and now!!!

As far as cleaning - the heck with it. Just how "dirty" can it possibly be with just you and the 2 furkids??? It's not like you have kids running in and out all day. Just leave it until you feel better. You're not helping the healing process any if you exert yourself beyond what you feel that you are able to do. Try to relax and don't stress over a little dirt or messiness - it will still be there when you're feeling better.

And get some answers from those doctors............

Marigold2
04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
So sorry for all the hardship. Glad you are home. :love:

gini
04-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Kirsten, I will light more candles for you. I am just so sorry that you are going through all of this and the worry that it is causing you.

Now about that dirty kitchen floor - embrace it - it's your dirt and the kitties too - and it isn't going anywhere........and DOES NOT need to be cleaned again any time soon.

The most important thing is you - and your healing and well being.

carole
04-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Now listen to Gini and the others,don't be cleaning that floor again, i know it is hard to see it getting dirty especially if you like things nice and clean,but try and let it go for now, YOU and your healing is all that matters right now, i am so sorry you have no help, are you not entitled to anything from your government while recovering, i wish i was there to help you, but alas i can only send you love and hugs and get well wishes, take much care now, and leave the cleaning for now ok.:love::love:

3Catcondo
04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Kirsten,
I'm sorry you are having setbacks. Don't try to clean...it's not necessary yet.
Feel better first and then worry about the other stuff...If I was closer I would come help you recover.

Amy

Medusa
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Kirsten, when we die, we'll be buried in dirt. So leave the cleaning for some other time. Right now you need to heal and you can't do that if you're cleaning your house.

krazyaboutkatz
04-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that the lump is getting larger and that you're now feeling some pain in your legs.:( Please stop cleaning or doing any other work that is physically demanding. You need to rest and recover from your surgery right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Sonia59
04-19-2010, 04:14 AM
Kirsten, I am sorry to hear this lump is getting larger. I hope the doctors can find soon what it is.
It's a pity you don't have more help. I wish I would live closer and come helping you!

Kirsten
04-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Thanks everyone! Guess you're right about the dirt, but I guess the damage was already done in the hospital when I looked after my room-mate's kids three days after surgery; after that, I noticed the swelling for the first time.

I googled meanwhile and I'm pretty sure it's a seroma. Obviously they do occur when you're walking around too much after surgery. :o They're usually punctured but that would increase the risk of infection. I'm going to see my doctor again in an hour as the lump has gotten bigger during the night.

Kirsten

Kirsten
04-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Just saw my doctor; I'm going back to hospital tomorrow. No idea if they will only keep me there for a day, or if I have to stay longer. I'm so very sad, especially since it's Luna's 10th birthday on Thursday, and I was hoping I could be with her that day! :(

Kirsten

Randi
04-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh Kirsten, it's SO unfair if you have to be in hospital on Luna's birthday, but hopefully they will let you out before. I hope that swelling is something they can treat easily and you will also be free of pain in the future.

Big hugs and good luck! :love:

anna_66
04-19-2010, 09:15 AM
I really hope going back helps. Many good thoughts coming your way.

Sonia59
04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
We are crossing fingers that it is something that can be treated quickly and that you will be back home soon.

Anikaca77
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Kristen-

You will be in my thoughts. Please have someone keep us updated if you can't return right away and please try to listen to them and rest as much as possible.

Take care,

Melissa

Pinot's Mom
04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Kristen - prayers it's only a day and that this is the last time. Good Luck!

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Kirsten, I'm sorry that you have to go back into the hospital.:( Hopefully you won't be there long and the doctors will be able to fix you up quickly. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Thank you everyone! I really really hope that I can go back home after the treatment, and won't have to stay for the night, or even the next days. All I want is to be with my girls, and be with Luna on her birthday!

Kirsten

phesina
04-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Dear Kirsten, I hope this can be repaired easily and you won't be kept in hospital overnight or longer.

Get lots of rest and don't worry about anything other than YOU getting better!

Love and prayers and good wishes and healing energies from us.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~.
Pat and cats

Vermontcat
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Kirsten, I'm just catching up with this thread now.
I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain you have been going through and that you had to go back in the hospital again.
I hope you are back home with your sweet kitties and feeling better real soon!:)

Kirsten
04-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone!

I've got very bad news at the hospital. They said it's definitely not a normal reaction after a back surgery, and they're not sure whether it's just a seroma or cerebrospinal fluid that's leaking out of the spine. So I'm going to have another surgery, it's scheduled for next Tuesday. I'll be admitted to the hospital on Monday and will have to stay for about a week.

I'm very sad that I have to go through all this again, and that I have to leave my girls again! :( :( :(

Kirsten

Catty1
04-20-2010, 09:33 AM
A whole week! I really hope it's a simple surgery and you heal quickly!

AND - no looking after someone's kids while you are still in hospital, young lady! :love::love::love::D

Also, ask the nurses if there is any home or volunteer help available for you.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Kirsten
04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
A whole week is normal here in Germany after surgeries. :( Also, they'd like to watch the wound after the surgery to be sure that no more liquid comes out.

As far as help for your house work goes... You only get it when you have little children.

And re. my room mate's children: Everyone in my situation would have done the same. :o

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
04-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry that you are suffering these complications, Kirsten. I very much hope that this time the problem is sorted.

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear that you need more surgery.:( I hope that everything will go well and that you'll recover quickly without any more complications. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

gini
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Kirsten, I will light more candles for you and in the meantime I send you healing gentle hugs!

Randi
04-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh Kirsten, this is just too much, but I hope they will get it sorted for good this time. Bring some good books to read and relax all you can. I know it's no fun being in hospital, but if you can go home healed up, that's what counts. At least you can spend your day with Luna on her Birthday. :)

It was nice talking to you the other day.

((((hugs))))

Asiel
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
So sorry about the complications Kirsten. Please take it easy until your next surgery and after this one please just stay in bed or in a lounger, on the sofa, whatever it takes to let your back heal. If it doesn't heal properly you'll be plagued by back problems forever, just not worth it. Decide right now that when you come home from this surgery you won't even look at the floors or anything else for that matter. Your furry bundles would much rather have you healthy than have a sparkling house, and how dirty can it get if you're alone...and most of all...who cares. It's your house, and you can leave it for the moment, the dirt won't run away.

Sonia59
04-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I am sorry for the bad news Kirsten :( But I hope everything will be solved this time. And at least you will be at home for Luna's birthday :) Take care!

Barbara
04-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I am so sorry Kirsten- I hope this time they are able to help you!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Aw, Kirsten I just caught up with this thread. I'm so sorry you need more surgery. Prayers will continue here for you.

When you get home, please take it easy. I totally know what it's like having no one to help you. Let things go for a while until you are all well. If people don't like it, they can clean it themselves. :(

Just cuddle those furry babies and rest. It takes a while to get your strength back. :love:

carole
04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Dearest Kirsten my heart goes out to you, you have had such a rough time of it lately, i certainly hope they can help fix the complications that have arisen and you will be on your way to a speedy recovery this time with the love of your furbabies, take care and i am thinking of you.:love::love:

Medusa
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Kirsten, we'll pump up the prayer volume so that your back troubles will be over and done with. You've had enough! Keep the faythe. :love:

3Catcondo
04-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Kirsten-
I'm sorry to hear this. Sending prayers your way for a fast, speedy recovery from this 2nd hospital trip next week.

:love:

Amy

Anikaca77
04-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Kristen-

I'm so sorry to hear about you having another back surgery. Please take it easy when you come home, you can clean later on when you feel better. I hope someone is there to help you with the litter boxes and such.

I wish I lived near you or I'd try to help you out.

Take care,
Melissa

wombat2u2004
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Kirsten,
I've been away for a week, so haven't been up to date on your progress until this evening. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go back to hospital mate.
I think the important thing here is to heed everyones advice about cleaning.
Leave it Kirsten, it doesn't matter if you leave it for a while. Your place can be cleaned and tidied up after you have had sufficient rest and well on the way to healing. YOU are more important than a clean house.
Just relax and rest and tend to the kitties. ;)
J

Kirsten
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much for your support!!

I'm really scared to go back to the hospital, especially I fear the nausea after anaesthesia! I felt so terribly ill after the last one, and I just don't want to go through it again!! :(

At least it looks like the lump hasn't grown for two days. Maybe that means that whatever it was that's been leaking out has stopped by now. And maybe, if it has stopped, they won't open the entire incision but just puncture it. I don't know if that's going to happen, but I really really hope it may come to this, and I can avoid surgery. But maybe it's just wishful thinking...

Kirsten

Anikaca77
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
My prays are with you.

Melissa

phesina
04-21-2010, 03:03 PM
My kitties and I are all sending our love and prayers and good wishes and healing energies that the surgery goes well and you recover comfortably and completely, never to be plagued by those pains again.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} AND ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
Pat and cats

Kirsten
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Thank you!

Well, I wish I had better news, but since yesterday, my condition is going downhill fast. Since Friday, there are spasms in my left foot (had them before I had surgery, but they were gone right after the surgery), and there's definitely a weakness in my left leg. I figure it's either the fluid from the lump or a new disc hernia that's putting pressure onto the nerves. Guess there's no way to avoid a new surgery, and I'm going back to hospital on Monday.

I'm so sorry I have to leave my girls again, it really breaks my heart!! Luna hasn't left my side this morning, she really tried to comfort me. She's such a sweetheart, but I know she and Lily will suffer when I'm not at home! :(

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Prayers continuing for you here. Candles lit too. Remember we will all be with you in spirit!!! :love:

Karen
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Awww, soak up all the love you can from your fur nurses now, and they'll know you will be thinking of them, as will we, when you are back at the hospital Monday!

Kirsten
04-25-2010, 06:00 AM
Thank you! It's so sweet of you that you will keep my girls in your thoughts, as long as I'm away!

My last day at home here, and it breaks my heart to look at Luna and Lily, knowing that I'm going to leave them in a couple of hours! And I don't even know how long I'll be away! That will depend on what they find in the MRT, I guess. The worst would be if they had to close a leakage of cerebro-spinal fluid, because that could mean that I'm not allowed to get up for at least 10 days, not even for the bathroom! :( I really fear that. I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen to me when I'm in the hospital, and that's very scary.

Luna just almost made me cry. She sat next to me on the computer table, watching the computer games on Facebook. You know how much she loves that, and while she was watching, she has this happy and excited look on her little face. But no one's going to play with her the next days. :(

Kirsten

anna_66
04-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Kristen I'm really sorry you have to go through all of this. Hopefully you won't have to deal with any more after it's all over.
I know your going to miss them, but your girls will be fine while you are gone.
Many (((HUGS))) and I hope to see you up and feeling better in no time:)

Russian Blue
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go back, Kirsten. Many, many vibes going out your way for your recovery. The girls will be fine, focus your energies on healing yourself.

Kirsten
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks!! I hope you're right and my girls will be fine!! I'll miss them terribly!!

I'm tired now, and I will soon go to bed. I hope I'll be back from hospital soon. In the meantime, I will ask Tenna (Uniqueviking) to give you some updates. :)

Bye,
Kirsten

Catty1
04-25-2010, 12:53 PM
I hope it is something simple and you are home soon!

HUGS and prayers!:love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Prayers for a quick and good result, Kirsten, come home to your kitties soon!:love:

Sonia59
04-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts, Kirsten! I am sure your girls will be fine, kitties don't have the same notion of time as humans, they will sleep a lot ;)

phesina
04-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Best wishes and love and healing energies to you, Kirsten.. and another candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10673140

Your girls will also be sending their healing energies full-purrs-ahead to you!

Looking forward to your return home, all better!

Anikaca77
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Prays that everything goes well.

I'll say some prays for the kitties too.

Melissa

Kirsten
04-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you so much!!! :) Again, it seems that PT prayers really help, because I'm already back from hospital!! Only been there two days and one night.

On Sunday evening, the day before I left, I noticed that the lump looked much smaller. The next morning, the doctor in the hospital agreed, but decided to keep me there to discuss my case with other surgeons, and to do an MRT. The MRT showed that the fluid in the lump had no connection to the spine, which means that it's most likely no cerebrospinal fluid. That's the good news. The bad news is that they still want to open it if the lump does not disappear in a while.

On May 6, I'm supposed to back, but only for a check-up. Then they will decide what to do. I really hope the lump keeps decreasing, so I won't need the surgery.

Anyway, I'm more than happy that I didn't want to go to hospital last week because of Luna's birthday! Last week, the lump was still so big that they wouldn't have hesitated to do the surgery. Now there's a real chance that I can avoid it.

My back and legs were almost painfree the last three days btw, but when I came home this afternoon and unpacked my bag, I pinched a nerve in my back and now I'm in pain - well, at least I hope it's just a pinched nerve, and not a disc!!

Kirsten

Randi
04-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Welcome back home, Kirsten. I bet Luna and Lily are happy to see you! :D

Now take it easy and make that lump disappear completely!

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Kirsten, I'm glad to hear that you're back home and that the lump is getting smaller.:) Hopefully it'll go away on it's own. Now please rest so you can heal up properly.:)

Sonia59
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
This is great news! Now, just rest with your two nurses :)

phesina
04-27-2010, 03:33 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!

Now rest up and let your Nurses spoil you!

lvpets2002
04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
:) Yes I am so glad your back home & doing very good now.. Keep on healing well.. I just know the girls will be good nurses..

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Oops, I didn't notice this thread before..........

I'm so sorry you are going through such an ordeal dear Kirsten...!!
I hate surgery too, and I understand why you would be so happy if you can avoid it!!! I had small surgery too yesterday, to replace the battery in my neurostimulator...

Take care, you're in my thoughts!! :love::love::love:

Kirsten
04-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank you! :)

Well, the good news is... The lump is still getting smaller!! :) I really really hope this means I won't need another surgery!!

Lut, how are you feeling after your little surgery? Hope you're fine!

Kirsten

lvpets2002
04-30-2010, 12:52 PM
:) Well that is Great News.. I am sure the lump will be gone pretty soon.. Keep getting lots of rest & let those kitty nurses take care of you.. Prayers

phesina
04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Great news! Now spend your time doing JUST what your Nurses tell you to do.. and nothing more strenuous!

cassiesmom
04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Thank you! :)

Well, the good news is... The lump is still getting smaller!! :) I really really hope this means I won't need another surgery!!

Kirsten

Continued prayers, and a candle.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10707883

wombat2u2004
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Good news Kirsten.
Make sure you rest up some now.....we don't want that lump to flare up again. ;)