PDA

View Full Version : First snow!

Ann
10-18-2002, 08:33 AM
Today the first snow fell in Eslöv :D I hope this winter will be white, not only is it pretty but Tina loves it so much!

Has anyone else gotten snow yet?

Former User
10-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I wish! We will probably get about 2 cm's in February for about few hours and then it will melt away. Oh, to be in Finland :rolleyes:

10-18-2002, 10:03 AM
Snow , it makes everything look so peaceful and romantic ...:rolleyes: ! And I LOVE to play with snow !!
BUT ...... , like Niina says , snow in Belgium ????

If I could make a wish , it would be : please , let us have a white Christmas ...!:)

Ann
10-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I know what you two mean! Sometimes it's like that in Sweden too :( But most of the time it can be up to your knees or higher :D

There is nothing in the world like going out in the morning while it's still kinda dark when there's newfallen and untouched snow everywhere that will make those little squeeky noises when you step on it *sighs happily*

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2002, 10:36 AM
Ann...you are making me so jealous!!! I LIKE snow!!

Logan
10-18-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm sticking my tongue out at you, Ann, :p :p :p , because I am so envious!!!! :D

Ann
10-18-2002, 10:42 AM
LOL, sorry guys!

Randi
10-18-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ann
There is nothing in the world like going out in the morning while it's still kinda dark when there's newfallen and untouched snow everywhere that will make those little squeeky noises when you step on it *sighs happily*
Apart from early and dark, I totally agree! :) I love to walk in half a meter deep untouched snow! Unfortunately, they pour salt on it almost the minute it falls, at least in big cities.

No snow in Copenhagen yet, but we expect some over the weekend. At the moment it's 9 degrees here and very grey. :(

Ann
10-18-2002, 01:31 PM
LOL, I am normally a person that will never get up until 11 if I get to choose, but I guess that's the only exception!

They put snow on it here too sometimes, but only on the big roads.

mugsy
10-18-2002, 01:48 PM
Ok Ann....just rub it in!! lol I love snow and can't wait until we get some. We're supposed to either have rain or snow today....neither has happened yet. I know it snow awhile ago for Glacier...and I was jealous then!

PJ's Mom
10-18-2002, 01:55 PM
You're all lucky! All we ever get down here is ice and if we're really lucky, we'll get some flurries, usually sometime in January. :(

Kfamr
10-18-2002, 02:14 PM
No snow for us Floridians!
It's been a little chilly though!

kingrattus
10-18-2002, 11:48 PM
ANYTHING BUT SNOW & MORE COLDNESS. its horrible stuff. it looks great on trees but not on the driveway or road. I hope there wont be an ice storm this year, the one in 1998 was more then enough for me. Soooo many car accidents... & I also don't want to touch the snow out here, I don't trust city snow... snow hills taller then u at the end of ur driveway is a tone of fun.
crossing the road only to findout the car thats coming near u can't stop. or ur car spins out of control all of a sudden...

I know snow as evil... pretty yes, but evil... hehe

Paul
10-19-2002, 12:44 AM
   No snow for us yet. In the snow we can see rabbit tracks among other tracks. However, we have never seen any wild rabbits in our yard.

Paul

10-19-2002, 06:34 AM
Scotty , beam me up there (to Sweden) !!

http://www.forum-smilies.com/fantastisch_09.gif

anna_66
10-19-2002, 11:00 AM
I thought I was going to be the only person who didn't particurally like snow & cold! (at least there's 1 other one!)
I think it's beautiful & all, but I could do without it:) If it weren't so darn hot where my brother lives in Arizon, that's probably where we'd be! Neither of us (Mark & I) like the cold, but we do love the changing seasons, so...I guess we'll just deal with what little snow we do get!

Karen
10-19-2002, 11:14 AM
Okay, I am completely jealous! I want snow NOW!!!!! But we still have leaves on the trees, so I suppose for the trees sake, I should be glad we don't have any quite yet ... the forecasters don;t see any in my immediate future, oh, Ann, can you send me some?

Paul
10-23-2002, 08:39 AM
   It's snowing. Karen only had to wait less than a week.

Paul

Cookiebaker
10-23-2002, 08:52 AM
We have snow here today, too! Shocking, in fact. I tried to get pictures of Malone & his first snow but he was too busy running around trying to avoid it. :D

NoahsMommy
10-23-2002, 12:31 PM
What's snow? :)

I've only seen it snow once in my life and that was in the mountains when I was in high school. I've been TO the snow...but that's different. :D

I really wish I lived where it snowed, I can only imagine looking out the windows and seeing that beautiful white powder everywhere. How beautiful...

Enjoy it!! You have a ton of us jealous of you!! :)

Logan
10-23-2002, 12:34 PM
You have snow, Paul??? Oh, I am so envious!! It is quite cool here, for SC, and is sunny, but 60 degrees. Beautiful fall weather in SC.

Have fun, Karen, and make a snowman for us!!! :)

Karen
10-23-2002, 01:43 PM
We didn't have enough for a snowman, just a half-inch or so of very wet snow! It's gone now, but it was a wonderful morning! :) Yay!

All Creatures Great And Small
10-23-2002, 01:55 PM
How funny to see how everyone feels about snow - I guess I like it for about 2 weeks, from December 15th until January 1st, as a Christmas decoration, and then it can JUST GO AWAY - I hate shoveling / snowblowing it, scraping it off my car windows, kicking off the "slush monsters" from my wheel wells (you know, how you get that big dirty snow "klinker" hanging behind your car tires?), tracking it into the house and getting puddles of dirty salty melted snow on the floor - can you tell I don't care for it too much?;) :p

I guess I just turn into a grinch in general around wintertime - I have spent the last 23 years working in retail, most of them as the manager of either the Toy or Trim-A-Tree departments, so I have to work long overnight shifts when it starts to get snowy, and I HATE coming out at 7:00 AM after a 14 hour night and having to scrape white stuff off my car. We also have had some really bad snows where it does damage to the roofs and trees, so it's only pretty in moderation.

Actually, I have visited South Carolina, LOVED IT, and would like to move there! I need warm weather in my old age :D

Logan
10-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Come on down!!!! Snow is a big deal down here, because we so rarely get it!!!!! :D

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Randi
At the moment it's 9 degrees here and very grey. :(

Yeehaw! Thanks for the degrees instead of celcius thing Randi! I can't believe it is soooo cold there already. We had a high of 60 degrees today.

Here comes my ignorance...I thought Sweden, Belgium, Finland were all snowy places...what is your average snowfall (in inches, please.:D )? We get next to no snow, ever, it seems. We are just outside a snowbelt. Even Columbus, which is 2 hours north of us, gets significantly more snow than Cincinnati. My mom teaches...snow days are like a vacation to her!

I love a good clean snow. But, the second anything happens...out comes the nasty salt.

kingrattus
10-23-2002, 06:53 PM
YAY still no snow here in Ottawa/Ontario/Canada
Its a bit cool & windy here, its 4C or 39.2F, today has been the warmest night in a week. We had frost a few nights ago