PDA

View Full Version : I am SOOOO bummed right now...

moosmom
04-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I went to my cousin's house where I have about 4 boxes stored in her basement from when I lived in MI. I was looking for my cordless phone to send to Davidp in PA that I had (it was a Panasonic, brand new before I decided to go wireless) and it wasn't there.

Believe me, I'm not crying over a stupid phone. While going through the boxes, I found pictures of MooShoo when he was being shown in a cat show, along with his awards as 3rd Best Household Pet National cat, including his ribbons and a plaque. There were also a whole $hit load of pictures of RB Mollie Rose growing up and RB Casey. It drummed up all sorts of emotions and now I can't stop welling up with tears.

I also found a collage of pictures of my friend Clare in VT that passed away recently and Father Rick Frechette from Haiti. It made me realize how much time has passed and how lonely I feel sometimes.

Oh and David, the phone wasn't in the boxes, sorry.:(

Asiel
04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
One of those days for you Moosmom. Sorry you had to go through all the souvenirs. You and I have been doing the same thing today.....it hurts but life goes on even if we don't feel up to it I guess. Hope things will look better for you tomorrow.

Catty1
04-10-2010, 05:20 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} :love::love::love:

phesina
04-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Sending you {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,

Love from Pat and cats

moosmom
04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm still an emotional wreck. Roller coaster ride, actually.

I'm pet sitting till Tuesday. I'm putting my bathing suit on and hitting the hot tub to sit and look at the beautiful sky and talk to my RB babies. I don't know if it'll help, but it'll relax me.

I can't wait till this sitting job is over (they come back from FLA on Tuesday) I want MY babies around me.

Asiel,

Yeah, it's one of those days. It's been almost 8 weeks since I lost MooShoo and I'm still a blubbering idiot.

You hang in there too, okay? This too shall pass.

cassiesmom
04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Sending you {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,

Love from Pat and cats

Same here,
elyse and Cassie

Marigold2
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
You have such a great capacity for love....that is one of the best things about you and one reason you are so loved. Embrace the tears, they are kisses from those who passed.
It's what I tell myself when I cry for a passed love fur or human.
Hugs to you from me and the family furs. :love:

DJFyrewolf36
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Big *HUGS* to you! And a headbump from my lap warmer :D

Alysser
04-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it's one of those days. It's been almost 8 weeks since I lost MooShoo and I'm still a blubbering idiot.

Aw, don't say you're an idiot because it's not true. I thought the same when Sassy died, it was like..2 months later and I was still torn over it. I STILL am sometimes and it's been almost 2 years come June. Death isn't an easy thing to deal with and it's not something you ever get over, it's just something you learn to deal with. You're not an idiot for missing your heart kitty, trust me. You definitely aren't.

I'm sorry you had a rough day, I hope you feel better soon. I really do. :)

moosmom
04-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm reading this book, "Grieving the loss of a Pet". So far everthing they've said is on the money. It could take months or years to get over him. He was like no other cat I've had. I miss wrapping my arms around him at night and falling asleep to his wonderful purr.:(

Miss Z
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Aw, Donna, please do not ever feel alone. Your extended PT family will ALWAYS be here no matter what. :love: :love:

I had no idea that MooShoo won such a prestigious award, bless him. I hope the grieving process is easy on you; I know that MooShoo would not want you to be sad. He was such a happy little soul, because he had such a great meowmie whom he knew loved him dearly.

Stay strong, my dear friend. ((hugs))

Catherinedana
04-12-2010, 07:07 AM
PLEASE don't beat yourself up because you are grieving. 8 weeks is NOT a lot of time. I would be shocked if you were over it after 8 weeks. Mooshoo was a kindred spirit and you will ALWAYS miss him (I speak this from experience); but it will get bittersweet and not always be so painful. :love:

cassiesmom
04-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Moosmom, I had a meeting at church tonight and on the way I was listening to John Tesh's radio show. He mentioned a Web site, pethospice.org. I didn't get to look at it but I wonder if they would have something that would be helpful to you. I am thinking of you! I'm with catherinedana, i don't see 8 weeks as a very long time after losing someone who was with you for ten years. ((((HUGS)))))

Anikaca77
04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Aw, Donna, please do not ever feel alone. Your extended PT family will ALWAYS be here no matter what. :love: :love:

I had no idea that MooShoo won such a prestigious award, bless him. I hope the grieving process is easy on you; I know that MooShoo would not want you to be sad. He was such a happy little soul, because he had such a great meowmie whom he knew loved him dearly.

Stay strong, my dear friend. ((hugs))

I agree 110% here.

Melissa