PDA

View Full Version : Shocking story?

RICHARD
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/colorado-officer-uses-taser-on-30-high-schoolers-at-career-fair/19433734?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww .aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fcolorado-officer-uses-taser-on-30-high-schoolers-at-career-fair%2F19433734

MORONS!

But, truly a funny story!

pomtzu
04-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder what's next? A lawsuit by some irate parents maybe???

That jerk is lucky that none of the students suffered anything more than welts. Tasers have been known to be deadly.

Morons??? That's an understatement! :mad:

Asiel
04-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I think maybe that guy should be tasered by the students, what an idiot. I hope the force will give him a leave without pay for a long time, so unbelievable.

aTailOf2Kitties
04-10-2010, 06:37 PM
so out of the 30 kids, how many complained? They asked to be tazed and I see only one went to the hospital. Fire away, officer!

DJFyrewolf36
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I say if you're dumb enough to ask to be tazed, you diserve what you get. The students were better off than most tazer victims who usually get very little warning (if any)

wombat2u2004
04-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Maybe all of those kids were AC/DC fans :p

pomtzu
04-11-2010, 06:53 AM
so out of the 30 kids, how many complained? They asked to be tazed and I see only one went to the hospital. Fire away, officer!

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read here on PT!!!! :mad: I think you would have a different opinion if you had a kid involved, and if you weren't outraged that your kid was put in danger, then you're just one more of those people that should never have had any in the first place!

Talk about morons............:mad:

aTailOf2Kitties
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
it's not like he just grabbed some random kids and zapped them. They wanted to be tazed. Besides if there were 30 of them, I'm sure more than one of those saw another kid before him get tazed.... and still wanted to do it.

pomtzu
04-11-2010, 07:52 AM
it's not like he just grabbed some random kids and zapped them. They wanted to be tazed. Besides if there were 30 of them, I'm sure more than one of those saw another kid before him get tazed.... and still wanted to do it.

And teens have been known to say and do many stupid things. Just because they asked for it, does it mean that this so-called responsible law enforcement officer (or anyone with an ounce of common sense), should have done it??? :confused::rolleyes: I'm glad he's not on any police force in this area, and what's more, he should not be on any at all. Taser a minor because he asked for it??? Oh sure, I wonder what else he's capable of??? This is more than just a moment of a lack of good judgment - it's reckless endangerment - plain and simple!!!

Lady's Human
04-11-2010, 09:07 AM
While the officer certainly shouldn't have done what he did,I have to laugh. If they were dumb enough to ask to get tazered, they got what they deserved.

It's the old Bill Cosby line.........I've seen parents dumb enough to tell the kid to go get a stick to beat 'em with. And I've seen kids dumb enough to go outside and rip up a tree.

pomtzu
04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
I guess I'm just a stuffy old broad, who doesn't see the humor in it.

My ex was in law enforcement, and attended many a seminar in his career - one being on tasers - use, general info, potential dangers, etc. The leaders of the seminar were asking for volunteers to get zapped - it was strictly voluntary - and quite a few people responded. They were also required to have an EMT and ambulance at the site - just in case. Well, fortunately they were there, because they were needed. One of the people that got zapped went into cardiac arrhythmia, and was taken to the hospital for treatment and observation, and a previously undetected heart condition was discovered. This whole thing could have been deadly, had the ambulance not been there and in quick response.

How do we know the same could not be true for one of these kids??? Sorry - but this cop was way out of line. We're not talking consenting adults here - we're talking teens - who don't know any better!!!

Not funny at all............

Lady's Human
04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
we're talking teens - who don't know any better!!!

Horse manure.

pomtzu
04-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Horse manure.

OK - who have no common sense and should know better!!! :p

What's the cop's excuse???

Lady's Human
04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
There isn't one, but he's been disciplined, it should end there.

Lawsuit? Why? Because some teenagers did something stupid?

Or because the Sheriff sent a 2 year rookie out to the career day instead of a seasoned officer?

Can I sue my employer because I stubbed my toe on my toolbox?

lizbud
04-11-2010, 10:35 AM
And teens have been known to say and do many stupid things. Just because they asked for it, does it mean that this so-called responsible law enforcement officer (or anyone with an ounce of common sense), should have done it??? :confused::rolleyes: I'm glad he's not on any police force in this area, and what's more, he should not be on any at all. Taser a minor because he asked for it??? Oh sure, I wonder what else he's capable of??? This is more than just a moment of a lack of good judgment - it's reckless endangerment - plain and simple!!!

You're right & I agree with what you said. The officers are supposed to
use adult judgement in dealing with the public.They sure didn't in this case.

We had a case of stupid cops using a tazer on a 10 yr old kid. They are
both on unpaid leave because of it.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/23106340/detail.html

pomtzu
04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
There isn't one, but he's been disciplined, it should end there.

Lawsuit? Why? Because some teenagers did something stupid?

Or because the Sheriff sent a 2 year rookie out to the career day instead of a seasoned officer?

Can I sue my employer because I stubbed my toe on my toolbox?

Disciplined maybe - but not enough IMO. I guess being "soft spoken" makes him an asset that the force can't do without?? :rolleyes:

Lawsuit??? I never said there should be one, but the way some people think and react, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some parents try it!

A 2 year rookie or a 20 year seasoned veteran, they are all expected to handle themselves in an appropriate manner, and they all undergo the same training. This 2 year rookie is on the street protecting the public the same as the seasoned officer, and is expected to be able to handle what situations he is confronted with. If he can't, he shouldn't be out there in any capacity. And he let a bunch of kids talk him in to this??? WOW - I sure would feel safe having him protecting me and my community! :rolleyes::eek:

I hardly see your toolbox as a potentially dangerous weapon - unless there is something in there that you're not telling about...:p:D

Lady's Human
04-11-2010, 10:58 AM
The Army trusts soldiers with weapons and ammunition after advanced training. Does it mean I want Pvt. Snuffy as the sole demonstrator in front of an audience with no supervision?

Nope.

I've had Privates out on observation posts by themselves. Doesn't mean I'm going to use them as subject matter experts to give a class on manning an observation post.

It was a relatively green rookie given a job I've always seen done by far more experienced officers. It's the leadership's fault for putting him in a position he isn't mature or experienced enough to handle, and his fault for letting them egg him into tasing them (which, according to other news articles, wasn't a full taser shot)

Miss Z
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
And teens have been known to say and do many stupid things.

Haha. Oh yes. :D ;)

The teens were idiots for asking, the guy was stupid for doing it. There's fault on both sides. Not what I would really call a funny story, mind, but definitely one that shows how people can injure themselves in the daftest of ways!

Why would one want to be tasered, anyway? :confused:

pomtzu
04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
The Army trusts soldiers with weapons and ammunition after advanced training. Does it mean I want Pvt. Snuffy as the sole demonstrator in front of an audience with no supervision?

Nope.

I've had Privates out on observation posts by themselves. Doesn't mean I'm going to use them as subject matter experts to give a class on manning an observation post.

It was a relatively green rookie given a job I've always seen done by far more experienced officers. It's the leadership's fault for putting him in a position he isn't mature or experienced enough to handle, and his fault for letting them egg him into tasing them (which, according to other news articles, wasn't a full taser shot)

We could debate this till the cows come home........:eek:

It still boils down to lack of good judgment and common sense on the part of the officer and his superiors. Maybe a case of "don't send a boy to do a man's job"??? I still wouldn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling, counting on him and his methods, for protection! Hopefully he's just an office pogue!!! :D

wombat2u2004
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Nawwwww.....I'm with Ellie on this one.
The officer was trained, and in a position of responsibility.
Teenagers on the other hand may well be educated, but in most cases lack lifes experiences, and tend to try and prove themselves.
It is not unusual for teenagers to bait older people, just to show off to their friends that they know it all or have tried it all.
The officer should not have fell for that one.
As Ellie has pointed out, those weapons are not that safe at times.

RICHARD
04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey, let's go lick the top of a 9v battery.

-------------

Look, I was a camp counselor for a couple of years.

Check this out?

When you have a bunch of kids bugging the crap out of you to do something way stupid you can either-

Oblige them.

or

Lose them entirely.

Getting zapped with a Thomas A. Swift Electric Rifle is probably a little more intense than licking the top of a 9v battery? But, I can guarantee you that these kids will always talk about getting zapped and if it keeps one idiot from going up against the cops on Close Quarter Combat and getting zapped?

-------------------------------------

I say "Du Mhan Yhu" on those who laugh at us kids that tore up "the tree".;)

Treehuggers, peh!:eek::D:)

pomtzu
04-12-2010, 07:16 AM
The cows came home............:eek:

DONE!!!!!

RICHARD
04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/12/AR2010041204377.html?hpid=topnews

Could have been worse.......they could have tased him?