PDA

View Full Version : Embrace Life - always wear a seatbelt

Medusa
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
This video is brief but very moving. No gore, just a message presented in a unique way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM

moosmom
04-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Mary,

I saw your post on facebook and I gotta say it was VERY moving and so true. I never used to wear my seatbelt. Now I do all the time. It takes 2 seconds to snap into place and speaks volumes. Thanks for posting it.

Now, if we can only stop people from texting while driving, we'll have a major victory.

pomtzu
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Very unique indeed.

blue
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I know as a kid we didnt wear our seat belts and Im not sure when I became fanaticle about wearing mine. I do know after getting Tboned twice a seat belt keeps me in my seat and somewhat in control during an accident.

davidpizzica
04-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I always wore a seatbelt when I drove. I believe it saved me from more serious injury in my t- bone accident. There's a resident here that just bought a brand new ford focus and he disabled the warning bells for the seat belts. He says he just drives short distances and doesn't think he needs to put his seat belts on. I tried telling him it's illegal to disable safety devices and not to put his belts on, but I can't convince him.

Cataholic
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I am always amazed at the people I meet (few and far between, of course) that tell me, "the doctor (paramedic, fireman, policeman) told me if I had had on my seatbelt, I would be dead". I never know if I should tell them that the person stating that isn't an accident reconstructionist, that they should go to Vegas and play the odds, or that anyone that would suggest to another they not wear a seatbelt isn't worthy of listening to to begin with.

Here in OH, the law for children in safety restraints was changed from 4 yrs/40 pounds to 8 years/ 80 pounds, with the reccomendation that kids under 12 remain in the backseat. The number of adults that write in with comments about why they shouldn't abide by the law is ridiculous. "I just got rid of my old seat when my child turned 5", "I had a new baby and all these seats won't fit in my car", "my child gets made fun of cause he/she is still in a seat".

Marigold2
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
What a great post Mary. I have worn a seat beat for over 30 years. They save thousands of lives, my niece might be alive today if she wore one, I am alive today because I did.