PDA

View Full Version : How I miss. . . .

davidpizzica
04-08-2010, 05:54 PM
It's starting on eight months since I've been living here at Concordia. It's great here and they see to all my needs. Except one. I haven't cuddled, petted, touched, or been near a kitty in that time. There's a rule here that residents aren't allowed to keep pets in their rooms. I guess it's a good rule for cleanliness, but emotionally I don't like it. That's why I had to rehome Marigold. It really hurts to all of the sudden not to have any cats after almost a lifetime of taking care of at least one kitty at a time.

DJFyrewolf36
04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybe you could volunteer at a shelter to give some kitties socialization. It would be great for the cats and purr therapy has been proven quite effective ;)

Freedom
04-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Do they have any pets come in to visit, under a pet assisted therapy program? Maybe you could find one that would come in once per month or so!

carole
04-08-2010, 07:22 PM
it really is a shame that you are not allowed a pet, and i empathise with you, you really were a great cat man, and i know you miss that bond,maybe you should do some volunteer work at a shelter if you are up to it, and then you will have that cuddles you so long for, but then again it might be too hard to do, i know i just don't have it in me , i would become way too attached,and you have to learn to remove yourself emotionally somewhat .

Sorry Bro there is not a simple answer to your longings,just know i am thinking of you and my kitties are here for a virtual cuddle anytime.:):love:

davidpizzica
04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Djf,I would like to, but I'm limited in transportation as we have only one bus to take us anywhere and I turned in my car when I came here. We do have animals that come in and can be petted, but so far they've been all dogs (no offense, dog lovers! I like dogs too) ,but nobody yet have brought in any cats in yet!

davidpizzica
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
it really is a shame that you are not allowed a pet, and i empathise with you, you really were a great cat man, and i know you miss that bond,maybe you should do some volunteer work at a shelter if you are up to it, and then you will have that cuddles you so long for, but then again it might be too hard to do, i know i just don't have it in me , i would become way too attached,and you have to learn to remove yourself emotionally somewhat .

Sorry Bro there is not a simple answer to your longings,just know i am thinking of you and my kitties are here for a virtual cuddle anytime.:):love:

You're right, Sis. I could become too attached to a kitty and know I can't adopt him/her. That's why there's PT, I can virually cuddle your crew and every kitty here on PT.

catmandu
04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I wonder what I would do without Cats David , if I had to go somewhere where they were not allowed.
My Found Cats would be all right as they would be in the Pampered Feline , but I sure would miss their Company.
We are praying David that you could find a way for feline company.:love:

happylabs
04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
That is a very difficult thing David. I empathize with you as well. Our pets become a part of our daily lives and routines. I often think of how I will cope in my later years if I have to give up all pets. It would be nice if a program could be started where kitties could be brought in to your facility for visits. My sister works at an assisted living facility here in our town and they have at least one resident cat.