PDA

View Full Version : Another cat? Or just a lot of hair?

catnapper
04-06-2010, 08:20 AM
I finally broke down and bought a Furminator.... and ended up with TWO new kitties (and I'm not even done yet!)

Orange kitties
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/OrangeCat.jpg

Brown kitties
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/BlackHair.jpg

Flutter and Mystic LOVED it. Both would willingly sit there until I brushed them bald. Mystic purred his head off

Allen and Harry both need MORE fur taken out of them but I couldn't get them due to jumpy dog getting involved. I didn't even brush pouncer more than two swipes -- HISS and GROWL. I let my sickie boy go. And Abby got a halfish brush.

So basically, that fur represents Flutter, Mystic, Mikey, and Trixie. Plus the vacuum picked up that much hair after I trashed the two piles. :eek:

catmandu
04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
You must have a Furmintor to get All of that Fur!!
They are the greatest brush ever and We Thank Our Aunt Pat for sending that to us.:love::love::love:

happylabs
04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh that is too funny...two new kitties! I had a Furminator for Casey and now that she is gone I am wondering what I did with it. Hmmmm

I brushed two of my 4 cats over the weekend. Buddy loved it. He kept circling my feet and kissing my feet! :love:

orangemm
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
WOW! I need to get one of those! Had no idea they worked like that!:eek::eek:

Scorpio
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Can anyone give me a link to this Furminator thing? (Great name, by the way.) Big Boy has always loved brushing time. He lies down for me to do it when I show him the brush, and when I am done with one side, he rolls over so I can do the other. Then the belly. Of course, I am always careful with his nipples. Sensitive subject for a male cat.

K & L
04-06-2010, 06:56 PM
OMG that is a pile! We are going crazy here with hair. We are going to start scheduling appointments to get some of them shaved. It's driving me crazy!:eek:

catnapper
04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Can anyone give me a link to this Furminator thing? (Great name, by the way.) Big Boy has always loved brushing time. He lies down for me to do it when I show him the brush, and when I am done with one side, he rolls over so I can do the other. Then the belly. Of course, I am always careful with his nipples. Sensitive subject for a male cat.
Here ya go: Furminator (http://www.furminator.com/)

lvpets2002
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
:) Yes they do work great.. A PT Friend sent me one & it is just awesome..

Russian Blue
04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Ha, that first pic looks like the first time I used the Furminator on Steve! I'm lucky that both cats love it since it's the only thing that will control the hair.

I love it, but you have to be careful since you can develop 'bald' spots if you brush too much or focus on one area.

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2010, 12:45 AM
I also have one and it does work well if your cat will allow you to use it on them.;) I think that they now sell them in some pet stores too. My RB Sunny used to love it and he'd just lay there and then roll over and let me do his tummy and both sides. He was my easiest cat to groom. I sure do miss him.:(

Storm is also pretty good and I could brush him all day and still get fur off of him. Sky will tolerate it for a few strokes and so will Pearl. Ziggy hates it and if I want to really give her a good brushing I have to put her in my bathroom so she can't run away from me. She gets so stressed out though so I can't do it for very long. When it starts getting hot here, usually in July, I do take Storm, Sky, and Ziggy to the groomers for lion cuts and this really helps me during the next 4-6 months.

orangemm
04-08-2010, 05:58 AM
I saw a lot of different models of the Furminator; which one do you all use?:confused: Does it make a difference?

Husky_mom
04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
one wonders.. where was all that hair to begin with.. wow.. impressive how much fur we can get out of the critters.. hehe..

you should´ve saved the hair though and get it made into a scarf or something..

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I saw a lot of different models of the Furminator; which one do you all use?:confused: Does it make a difference?

I've had mine for quite a while so I have the Furminator Classic with the 1.75" edge which is the small tool used for small pets. I see that they also have a deluxe set now.

orangemm
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Yesterday I finally broke down and bought a Furminator. Am anxious to try it to see if I end up with enough fur to make another cat!:D

Had a 10% off coupon from Petco, and the thing was already discounted $5, so I figured the time was right.

will be out of town for a few days, but when I get back the fur will be flying! (I hope):D