PDA

View Full Version : Furious!

dab_20
04-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Sorry to rant... I'm just so upset!

So my brother's apartments have a dog run that is fenced in for all the dogs in the complex. Springen has played with and got along with all the dogs so far. Easter Sunday my mom and I were at my brothers house, and my bro and I took Springen to the dog run. There were other dogs with their owners in there and one owner asked us if Springen was a male. We said yes, and apparently someone had left their Pittie all alone in the dog run all day and it had bitten another male dog earlier. As the owner asked us, we hear yelping and the pittie had bitten Springen and they were fighting. Luckily, my brother was able to break them apart with his body and we took Springen out.

First of all why would you leave your dog in there all alone, whether they are dog aggressive or not?? We called animal control and apparently someone had abandoned the dog in there, since no one claimed it in the complex.

Springen had a pretty good bite wound under his eye and a gash on his nose. I felt horrible. He has to be the sweetest, gentlest dog. I know it's not the pitties fault, but aghhh! STUPID owners! Be responsible for your dogs! Something so much worse could've happened and that pittie could have been put down for it.

Anyways, the abandoned dog is being tested for rabies just to be safe and is (hopefully) going to be placed for adoption to someone who will actually take care of it.

Sorry for the long rant. I just never experienced something like this and was sooo upset for my own dog as well as the pittie.

king2005
04-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Poor doggies :(

I thought the only ways to test for rabies was
1. to put them into quarantine for a long while & wait for them to go insane :(
2. disect the brain = dead dog :(

boomersooner
04-06-2010, 06:04 AM
I'm sorry that happened to Springen....I have two springers, and they are the gentlest dogs and wouldn't hurt a flea!

Seravieve
04-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Aww poor Springen!

I can't imagine abandoning a dog like that... that's so unfair to the dog.

MonicanHonda
04-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Poor Springen!!!! People are so irresponsible... I hope this doesn't cause any behavior problems with Springen :( And I hope the wounds aren't too serious. Keep us updated on how he is doing.

They will probably quarantine the dog for awhile.

dab_20
04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Poor doggies :(

I thought the only ways to test for rabies was
1. to put them into quarantine for a long while & wait for them to go insane :(
2. disect the brain = dead dog :(

Oh, I assumed they could test it somehow. :( Well hopefully he doesn't have it.

Springen of course, acted soon after as if nothing happened. His wounds are healing well, so that's good. I'm sure I was more upset them him! haha

I just wish people would be responsible with their animals. If you don't want to care for one, don't get one!!

*LabLoverKEB*
04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
So sorry to hear about poor Springen!!:(:( People really need to take responsibility for their animals, or just don't have them- it's that simple!

Unfortunately, the only reliable way to check for rabies it to cut off the head (yikes), and send it off to the laboratory to inspect the brain tissues....

dab_20
04-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Springen is feeling much better and his wounds are already scabbing over. He's still playing with the other dogs, but I guess he's been acting a little bit fearful when they get to rambunctious. I know my brother's worried about any aggressiveness he may have from this... I think it'll just take a little time. I know humans tend to live in the past much more than dogs do.

As for the abandoned dog, apparently he has a microchip. I hope they find the owners and fine them or something for doing what they did.