PDA

View Full Version : Ty is going to be a big brother!

JenBKR
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I sort of mentioned it in a few other threads, but I figured I'd make the 'official' announcement. I am actually due November 15, which is 2 days after Ty's birthday (and also happens to be ON my husband's birthday). We're all pretty excited, although I'm not sure Ty fully understands what is going to happen.....

On the down side, my morning/all day never going away sickness is really bad this time. Definitely worse than with Ty. I have tried some of the tricks that I used with Ty, such as ginger ale, snacking often, crackers pretty much all the time, and attempting to rest when possible but it's still pretty bad. Anyone have any little tricks that they used? It's getting to be too difficult to chase a 2 1/2 year old while feeling like this.

caseysmom
04-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon.

Taz_Zoee
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I did catch this in another thread, but I thought I just missed the thread where you told us.

Congrats!! :D Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?

Pembroke_Corgi
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Congratulations!! :)

I don't really have any good tips about the morning sickness, as it sounds like you are trying what worked for me (eating all the time...). I hope you feel better soon!

Catty1
04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Folic acid - vitamin b6. I've heard it works wonders.

gemini9961
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Congrats Jen :) I don't have any tips for you but I hope it starts to get better.

prechrswife
04-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Congratulations!!! Not that it really means anything, but my morning sickness was MUCH worse with my daughter than it was with my son.

Karen
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Congratulations!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-06-2010, 07:30 AM
hey Jenneke!!! How great to hear from you again!! I miss our chats on MSN........!! I still come there quite often, so if you're still interested.....;):)
Congrats with your new pregnancy!!

AdoreMyDogs
04-06-2010, 08:47 AM
How wonderful! Congrats, I'm so happy for you all. I'm sorry but I don't have any advice on the morning sickness, I never had it with either of my kids, so I never learned about the tips/tricks. Hmmm, I do wonder if you're growing a girly since you never had it this bad with Ty??? :) Are you going to find out the gender or be surprised?

Husky_mom
04-06-2010, 10:38 AM
yay!! many many congrats!!

sorry to hear about your morning extended sickness.. and even more I can´t give you any tip.. I´ve been blessed with not having any during my first and so far none yet on this one either.. so maybe I´m getting another boy as my son predicted hehe.. and your getting a girl ;)

JenBKR
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone! There is folic acid in my prenatals, but I hadn't heard that about b6. I might have to try that - I'm willing to try anything at this point!

We absolutely want to find out if it's a boy or girl, I have no patience :D With Ty, I had a 'boy' feeling, but I haven't gotten any kind of feeling yet with this one. I have had a couple people tell me I'm having twins though....:eek: probably because they run in my family. We should be able to hear the heartbeat(s) at my appt. on friday, so I'll know more then.

lvpets2002
04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
:) WoW Many Congrats Jen.. Woo Hoo Ty is going to have a Sister.. I just know it.. However Twins = Mmm are you ready for this?? I know your just ready for morning all day sickness to go away.. Let us know when you can of the Girl that you to have..;)

petslover
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
awww! Congrats Jen! I remember when Ty was just born. I'm soo excited aboout the new sibling for him. I hate that your having morning sickness bad this time. I hope it goes away.

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Congrats!!!:D I hope that your morning sickness will go away soon and that the rest of your pregnancy will go well.